Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 06-07-2016, 08:01 AM

Default fish for bait available

Anybody interested in this?
Free to pick up in the Edmonton Area the week of Monday June 20th.
Old 06-07-2016, 01:03 PM

I can put the fish in other containers if provided.
Old 06-07-2016, 05:14 PM

PM sent
Old 06-07-2016, 06:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post
PM sent
I was wondering what your delay was. I'll bet your neighbors are going to love you by July..LOL. We use to put the bait buckets in steel garbage dumpsters out on the line. Very bear proof and I'll bet with the downturn you could pick up a couple real cheap.
Old 06-07-2016, 07:13 PM

Wasn't sure if I wanted to bother. Got a hold of 2 of those 1000 gallon totes with the steel frames today. I know they are not the best and I doubt the steel frame would stand up to much but I want to flap the top of the plastic container and throw my 5 gallon buckets in there and somehow secure the top so the bears can't get in. Worth a shot I think. I figure I can get quite few buckets in one tote container. Maybe wrap them with barb wire. Also if I can find a spot to put the container in the right spot with trees next to it I can strap some trees and build a mini log cabin on 3 sides at least. Like I said it is worth a shot. Would love to have 24 pails of stink stored and ready for winter. I would dig down and bury them but I don't think they would rot and stink as much
Old 06-07-2016, 09:40 PM

Can't wait for the smell of those buckets this fall can't come quick enough this real job thing is to over rated..
Old 06-08-2016, 07:47 AM
Banned

Do you fellows not use beavers in a bucket for bait? Sure gets coyotes attention!
Old 06-08-2016, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post
Wasn't sure if I wanted to bother. Got a hold of 2 of those 1000 gallon totes with the steel frames today. I know they are not the best and I doubt the steel frame would stand up to much but I want to flap the top of the plastic container and throw my 5 gallon buckets in there and somehow secure the top so the bears can't get in. Worth a shot I think. I figure I can get quite few buckets in one tote container. Maybe wrap them with barb wire. Also if I can find a spot to put the container in the right spot with trees next to it I can strap some trees and build a mini log cabin on 3 sides at least. Like I said it is worth a shot. Would love to have 24 pails of stink stored and ready for winter. I would dig down and bury them but I don't think they would rot and stink as much
I've got a half dozen pails peculating...if you need a place to put them let me know nube
Old 06-08-2016, 11:25 AM

Thanks. Headed tot he line for a few days for some clean up and work to do there. Plan on building an outhouse and a bear proof facility to store 25-30 buckets if possible. Not sure if straight fish will be the answer to a good coyote/wolf bait but I am going to give it a go this next season.