Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 09-07-2021, 04:47 PM

Default JS Sharpe Scottie

Looking to date and value a JS Sharpe Scottie featherweight 7', 5wt with 2 tips (Bamboo), has # 2.4.136 on the butt. As well as a C Farlow & Co. ltd., fly reel of same vintage.

Any input is greatly appreciated.
Old 09-08-2021, 07:11 AM

Either post or send me pictures to get an approximate date and value (although the vintage market is quite soft now). Would need pix of specific parts of teh rod and reel. In vintage its condition, condition, condition.

My blog - casting on the waters

fishing regulations and facts on fish handling
Fishing Regulations
Old 09-08-2021, 10:23 AM

Default rod date

I believe that your rod was the 136 rod made in April of 1972. See my PM on value.
Old 09-26-2021, 11:05 AM

Nice to finally here someone else has one. I have one from the 50's and it is absolutely mint condition. Look them up online they are probably one of the longest lasting bamboo rods out there. Due to how they were made. They used a vacuum chamber to infuse the bamboo with the varnish. It is protected inside and out. Sure would like to see a picture of yours
Old 09-26-2021, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rycoma View Post
Nice to finally here someone else has one. I have one from the 50's and it is absolutely mint condition. Look them up online they are probably one of the longest lasting bamboo rods out there. Due to how they were made. They used a vacuum chamber to infuse the bamboo with the varnish. It is protected inside and out. Sure would like to see a picture of yours
It is for my wife's friend in Ontario.. he does not fish much except for bass ... I am trying to take it off his hands b4 he finds out what he has ...lol ..he scooped it in an estate sale