Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 03-12-2020, 11:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperMike View Post
Come on Dave, what’s the big secret. What kind of average did Steve give you for your last bunch of coyotes.
There’s no big secret. Trappers that I discussed selling to Steve with know what I averaged and I know what they averaged.
It’s just not in my best interests to disclose that publicly.

Like I posted earlier, I graded all my pelts as best I could and came up with an average based on his prices. Steve graded them and was $3 and change lower than my average but he gave me what I wanted. If you don’t know what your pelts are worth how can you determine if you got a good deal or not?

Based on my one and only experience selling to Steve I have no problem endorsing him.
Old 03-12-2020, 11:52 PM

If the prices being paid were that great you’d think that they’d advertise the heck out of it. Not being upfront with prices not so much.
Old 03-13-2020, 01:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
If the prices being paid were that great you’d think that they’d advertise the heck out of it. Not being upfront with prices not so much.
Geezus, put a little effort into it will ya? I know his prices by grade because I called him and I asked him. I did the same with GFW. It’s not really that hard. The prices don’t do you any good unless you have some idea of what your fur grades.

I don’t know what you think the great conspiracy is. I don’t profit in any way by endorsing one buyer over the other and i’m Not trying to fool anyone. I just thought that I’d offer my opinion to help other Trappers, that’s all.
Old 03-13-2020, 01:19 PM

Though my comment might of sounded familiar to you, as they are the exact words you used in a previous thread when you attacked those trappers for not giving you the same information that I’m asking you to reveal.
Old 03-13-2020, 02:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Though my comment might of sounded familiar to you, as they are the exact words you used in a previous thread when you attacked those trappers for not giving you the same information that I’m asking you to reveal.
I highly doubt that I attacked Trappers for not publicly revealing what they sold their pelts for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
I don’t care what anyone else does with their fur. They can do whatever they want, it’s none of my business.
Perhaps you are a little confused with my comment about GFW not revealing their buying prices at the start of the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
If the prices being paid were that great you’d think that they’d advertise the heck out of it. Not being upfront with prices not so much.....
Regardless, if you don't think that my comments are of any value to you that's fine. Hopefully there are some other Trappers that find them helpful.
Good luck at auction or with a buyer, whatever you decide to do.