Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 09-08-2019, 08:24 AM

Default Destroyer 350 Limb de-laminated

First day in the stand and pull back to do a practice draw and my lower limb exploded on my Bowtech Destroyer 350.
Looking through a few different sites and this seems to be fairly common. Has anyone had this experience with their Bowtech and got anything out of Bowtech when they approached them about the issue?

Last edited by jungleboy; 01-01-2024 at 09:40 AM.
Old 09-08-2019, 10:56 AM

If you are the original owner I don't see a problem. Warranty for life to the original registered owner. If not, you are likely s.o.l.

If you are not the original owner I don't see them doing anything for an (at best) 8 year old bow (last made 2011). I think Elite used to do transferrable warranties, but have since made it to the original owner only as well.

Norm
Old 09-08-2019, 11:47 AM

I had my top destroyer 350 limb explode at full draw a few years back.
Contacted warranty department and the 350 limbs are no longer in stock, so they offered me a low end bow as a replacement OR a comparable bow (Prodigy or RPM?) for $700 ;(
After some serious negotiations, they finally sold me a prodigy for $400....

I’m satisfied with the result, but be warned, there are some serious caveats to their “Lifetime Warrantee”
"I find it amazing that we, as a society, find it so easy to view the perpetrators of crime with an understanding and knowing that they are suffering from the frailties of being a human being yet we cannot seem to extend that same courtesy to the very people we ask to face, on a daily basis, the worst that mankind has to offer."
-Dave (Whiskey Wish)-
Old 09-08-2019, 04:05 PM

If you are original owner and you properly registered the bow they usually will offer you a Carbon Icon straight across, or a discount on a flagship bow. If you are not original owner or did not register the bow within a certain time frame, you might as well sell the left overs for parts.

OR contact a company called Barnsdale out of the USA they make limbs for that bow as Bowtech no longer does and no longer has stock and hasn’t made them for quite some time now.

LC
Old 09-20-2019, 04:15 AM

A buddy of mine, wctbowtech found me a set of used limbs, now I'm in the process of ordering new cable and strings. I haven't bothered contacting Bowtech as I'm not the original owner.
Old 09-20-2019, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
If you are original owner and you properly registered the bow they usually will offer you a Carbon Icon straight across, or a discount on a flagship bow. If you are not original owner or did not register the bow within a certain time frame, you might as well sell the left overs for parts.

OR contact a company called Barnsdale out of the USA they make limbs for that bow as Bowtech no longer does and no longer has stock and hasn’t made them for quite some time now.

LC

Well I sure hope Jimbows in Edmonton registered my Bowtech for me through the dealership because I never got any paperwork with it when I purchased it. All I got was a hat and sticker. They did tell me to make darn sure I left the Jimbows sticker on the limb in case it needed service though.
Old 09-20-2019, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezel View Post
Well I sure hope Jimbows in Edmonton registered my Bowtech for me through the dealership because I never got any paperwork with it when I purchased it. All I got was a hat and sticker. They did tell me to make darn sure I left the Jimbows sticker on the limb in case it needed service though.
They register it in their system, not sure about the Bowtech system. Give them a shout and find out. They will look after you if you purchased it there for sure.

LC
Old 09-20-2019, 10:05 AM

I really hope that Jimbows would look after me. Right now I'm a customer for life because of the way I was treated when I made my purchase. That would change rather abruptly though should something happen to my bow and all I got was a "You should have registered it" from them.
Old 09-21-2019, 05:37 PM

They should never have sold you a blowtech from the start..
Old 09-21-2019, 06:14 PM

Love my Bowtech and would buy another without even thinking about it. It's one of the most accurate, smoothest and fastest shooting bows I've ever owned.