Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 05-10-2016, 10:44 AM

Default Locating a Trapper

Does anyone know how or where to find out who operates trap lines in a certain WMU?

Thanks!
Old 05-10-2016, 10:48 AM

PM Big Grey Wolf here on the forum
Old 05-10-2016, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikeslayer22 View Post
PM Big Grey Wolf here on the forum
Thanks! Will do!
Old 05-10-2016, 03:06 PM

Do a public land standing search , the registered TPA will be identified but by cognizant of their boundaries not coinciding with wmu's
Old 05-11-2016, 08:50 AM

Guys, I have a province wide map showing all the RFMA,s and glad to send a section of the province if you send me your e-mail by PM. I also have quite a few maps from Oil & Gas companies showing trapline owners but some are getting older (like me) and are now shown as previous trapper. However willing to send what I have. Lastly trapper (name) can be requested from SRD or what they call themselves now.
Old 05-11-2016, 08:50 PM

A map showing all the traplines in Alberta can be purchased from Map Town in Calgary, phone number 1-877-921-6277. The map is called Registered Fur Management Areas and will cost you about $35 including shipping.

Since the names of individuals that are registered to traplines are public information and not protected in any way, one just has to contact the person below. Just say that you are requesting that a computer print out of all individuals that are registered to all traplines in Alberta be e-mailed out to you.

Fish and Wildlife Division
Attention: Bev Fetter
2nd Floor, 9920-108 Street
Edmonton, Alberta
T5K 2M4
Old 05-24-2016, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSLAKER View Post
A map showing all the traplines in Alberta can be purchased from Map Town in Calgary, phone number 1-877-921-6277. The map is called Registered Fur Management Areas and will cost you about $35 including shipping.

Since the names of individuals that are registered to traplines are public information and not protected in any way, one just has to contact the person below. Just say that you are requesting that a computer print out of all individuals that are registered to all traplines in Alberta be e-mailed out to you.

Fish and Wildlife Division
Attention: Bev Fetter
2nd Floor, 9920-108 Street
Edmonton, Alberta
T5K 2M4
Ive a couple of different trap lines that are broken up by farm land in the area and have been trying to find out who is the registered owners there is no trapping taking place on them. Ive gone to SRD and they say that under the privacy act they aren't allowed to give out that information. Are they just BSing me or is it fact.
Old 05-24-2016, 02:52 PM

Someone here may be able to help. What area?