Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2021, 12:32 PM

Seeing some crazy stats online with the Flames and their start. Marky 's numbers are amazing. Flames only the 3rd team in NHL history to sweep a road trip of 5+ games.
Monny is on the board and the intense look he gave after, shows that was a meaningful one for him. Team playing full 60 minutes and a +10 goal diff, I just hope that hold out.
Really liking what I see during the games. I just want consistency.
Stay competitive.
Bring on Nashville
Old 10-31-2021, 12:38 PM

It's even better....Oilers have a +10 goal differential, Flames are +14 after last night's shut out.

Pretty amazing start, and I confess to being one of the negative naysayers at the start of the season. But, having been a fan since 1980 when they moved to YYC, I can be pardoned for that, surely. Based on experience.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 11-02-2021, 08:45 PM

They are playing Sutter hockey. 5 man unit & hemming opposition in their own end. Fun to watch!
Old 11-02-2021, 08:47 PM

They have had so many opportunities but not able to put them away so far. Still time.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 11-02-2021, 10:59 PM

Overtime loss but not from bad play.

Poor call by the ref on the winning overtime goal. You can’t let a team trip players and interfere in a 3 on 3.

Shame as it fuddled the games worth.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 11-03-2021, 06:15 PM

Eichel coming to Calgary?

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article...l-jack-eichel/
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 11-03-2021, 11:19 PM

Default My take on the Eichel trade

I have no love for the Flames.... but....

If it wasn't for McDavid, I would have been the 1st overall pick

If I hadn't gone to Buffalo, I would have been a superstar

If I had better and more experience coaching, I would have thrived.

If I didn't have injuries......

If the Flames are really offering what Weekes and social media are reporting, I think pizza boy's cheese finally slide off the dough.
Old 11-03-2021, 11:29 PM

What?

Old 11-03-2021, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
If the Flames are really offering what Weekes and social media are reporting, I think pizza boy's cheese finally slide off the dough.
I think the entire Tkachuk family had/has a reputation for being difficult negotiators. That and the fact that Tkachuk will need a qualifying offer of $9million may have convinced the Flames it's time to move on.
Old 11-04-2021, 12:18 AM
Banned

The rumour mill during the Oilers game tonight was that Eichel would go to the Knights or the Flames.....soon. Elliot Freidman (sic?) favours the Knights.

Do you Flames fans want him at the expense of losing say......Turtles, a few prospects and some first round draft picks?
Old 11-04-2021, 01:09 AM

if I had to choose between turtles and Eichel, I’d choose turtles.
He’s a bigger asset to the team than Eichel IMO.
Old 11-04-2021, 06:11 AM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-04-2021, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post

Well that is good news for Flames Fans.

Good news for the Oilers Fans too. I don't think we could continue to hate Turtle if he was in a Sabers uniform..
Old 11-04-2021, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
Well that is good news for Flames Fans.

Good news for the Oilers Fans too. I don't think we could continue to hate Turtle if he was in a Sabers uniform..

LOL until we lose first round of playoffs, or the playoffs go through Vegas or Edmonton and we lack a star player. Then all the people who insisted we didn’t want him, will be on the witch hunt for Brad and missing out on this trade.
I think if we had a different start to the season and came out flat, May have tried harder maybe.

Old 11-04-2021, 07:51 AM

Seems like a fairly underwhelming return for this having dragged out for months.
Old 11-04-2021, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig-Rat View Post
LOL until we lose first round of playoffs, or the playoffs go through Vegas or Edmonton and we lack a star player. Then all the people who insisted we didn’t want him, will be on the witch hunt for Brad and missing out on this trade.
I think if we had a different start to the season and came out flat, May have tried harder maybe.

I think the Flames dodged a bullet. This deal smells like Erik Karlsson. Vegas might be a victim of their own success with this "win now at all cost" mentality. Eventually you run out of draft picks and prospects and players get old.
Old 11-04-2021, 08:57 AM

Eichel was not traded for much. Definitely not getting back superstar quality return on investment.

Looks like he would of been worth Dube and a couple second round draft picks.

Still…not sure he is worth it. His injury is pretty serious. Knights may of bought a $50 Million dollar paper weight
Old 11-04-2021, 11:53 AM

So, is Vegas pulling a Tampa and Eichel won't be ready till the playoffs?

Right now they have about $30M on IR or LTIR with a total projected cap hit of approx. $92M. Cap is $81.5M. So, will they be over by more than $10M once everyone is healthy? Can't really see them shipping assets out for Eichel and having to trade a Reilly and Marchessault, for example, to make room. Curious what they are going to do.
Old 11-04-2021, 12:31 PM

There is a chance Eichel may never play another game which diluted his worth. The surgery Eichel wants has never been done on an active player.
Old 11-04-2021, 08:24 PM

As for the game tonight so far, Dallas is playing the same Sutter game as us so pretty defensive game on both sides so far. Goals will be hard to come by tonight for both teams.
Old 11-06-2021, 10:32 PM

Pretty embarrassing to need OT to beat the Rangers!
Old 11-06-2021, 10:39 PM

That was a systematic azz whipping, no other way to say it. Markstrom has been the best player all season, and gets his fourth shutout. Chuckie's goal at the end....just filthy.

Fun game to watch.

Old 11-06-2021, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Pretty embarrassing to need OT to beat the Rangers!
Wow. Just wow.

Flames are playing their game and controlling play and getting goals.

6-0.

Oilers won 6-5 against the Rangers. Still a good effort but goal tending and defence is the difference.

Great game Flames. Playing with heart and energy.

Suffer can clean up some of the sloppiness then they are cup contenders.
Old 11-06-2021, 10:43 PM

WOW Markstrom was again on fire tonight. Another great 60 minute effort even in a blow out. Johnny gets a couple. Monny stated things off and Tkachuck with a beauty. Oh can't forget Looooch.
Definitely like what I am seeing here, all lines.
Fox getting boo'd all game was awesome and his goal being offside couldn't have been scripted any better.
Must say seeing both Flames and Oil 1+2 is pretty sweet.
Old 11-06-2021, 10:47 PM

Son of a gun you guys?! Rangers won't be too sad to get out of dodge. Laid the smack down on em
Old 11-07-2021, 07:16 AM

What you fellas think of that call between Florida’s Lomberg and Carolinas goalie?
Stupid call IMO.
https://youtu.be/uVe_HM4p4tA
Old 11-07-2021, 10:13 AM

Quote:
What you fellas think of that call between Florida’s Lomberg and Carolinas goalie?
Stupid call IMO.
Think it's ridiculous. A race for the puck with contact, this happens dozens of times a game with no penalty let alone a major and a game. Appears Ryan even tried to stop prior to contact. Seems like the NHL is making stuff up though, remember Vegas' "no kicking" goal? To he fair though I guess, we have seen the "hitting to hard" penalty before. If Lomberg had laid on the ice, would Ranta have received a charging penalty for doing the exact same thing? I doubt it.
Old 11-07-2021, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Think it's ridiculous. A race for the puck with contact, this happens dozens of times a game with no penalty let alone a major and a game. Appears Ryan even tried to stop prior to contact. Seems like the NHL is making stuff up though, remember Vegas' "no kicking" goal? To he fair though I guess, we have seen the "hitting to hard" penalty before. If Lomberg had laid on the ice, would Ranta have received a charging penalty for doing the exact same thing? I doubt it.
Exactly, charge the puck out of your crease, what do you think will happen. play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Old 11-07-2021, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Stupid call IMO.
Horrible call IMO, not sure what else he could have done to avoid it. Goalie was way out and took his chances. I get they are protected, but when they are way out like that it needs to be a little more fair game. Not saying run them, but they should be treated more like an up ice player. Want to give a penalty fine, but a game? Brutal
Old 11-07-2021, 09:30 PM
Banned

I agree with RR..goalie didn't get run IMO...Game penalty was outrageous
Closed Thread