Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-07-2020, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Au revoir, Gopher View Post
Hmmm.... not sure what to think of someone who apparently joined the forum just to play online poker...

ARG
Could be a friend that wants to play?Have to sign up to join.
Old 04-07-2020, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tungsten, View Post
Could be a friend that wants to play?Have to sign up to join.
Yea !!!!!! More victims .......... er ......... I mean ......... players .....

Tungsten is gonna bully him for sure ..... sneaky crook
Old 04-07-2020, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
Yea !!!!!! More victims .......... er ......... I mean ......... players .....

Tungsten is gonna bully him for sure ..... sneaky crook
Ha,yup stay clear or Ill take your chips...........then give them right back.
Old 04-07-2020, 06:50 PM

so clue me in,how do i claim my free chips on my laptop?I get an icon on my phone but nothing i can see on my laptop.
Old 04-07-2020, 08:07 PM

Quote:
so clue me in,how do i claim my free chips on my laptop?I get an icon on my phone but nothing i can see on my laptop.
cashier button

Thomas Sowell
Old 04-07-2020, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
cashier button
yes of course,thx.I think i was on real money setting last time.
Old 04-08-2020, 09:30 AM

Quote:
yes of course,thx.I think i was on real money setting last time.
Two more players have registration info.

Anyone else...please PM

Cheers

Sun

Now shuffle up and DEAL!
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 04-08-2020, 10:58 AM

I would like to request a new dealer. The last one was no good.
Old 04-08-2020, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpohlic View Post
I would like to request a new dealer. The last one was no good.
That what we get when we play for, and pay the dealer in play chips.

I ordered a drink at the table and they gave me a juice box ……. like WTF I said? the waitress said, "you are tipping me in play chips, WTF do you think?, I'm supposed to bring you a REAL drink?"

I swear I maybe was able to play MAYBE a half dozen hands with confidence based on the flop yesterday - I would get dealt a great hand, like A-Q (diamonds suited) or something like that and the flop would come out all spades, or 6,7, 9 connectors !!! how can you play crap like that?

Never knew where you stood …..lol

Was pretty tough. Had to lie, cheat and steal to stay alive, and people are starting to pattern each other, so way harder to trap/bluff compared to a few games ago.
Old 04-08-2020, 07:46 PM

Bad beats were flowing fast and furious tonight. Still...helped pass some time.

Cheers

Sun
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 04-09-2020, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Bad beats were flowing fast and furious tonight. Still...helped pass some time.

Cheers

Sun
How do you see results of games? Or standings? Seems like they only display the first few and the last few?
Old 04-09-2020, 02:41 PM

Quote:
How do you see results of games? Or standings? Seems like they only display the first few and the last few?
System is supposed to do it as I set up each game to track points. Unfortunately it doesn’t work well. I suspect since it is a free service it likely gets zero programmer attention
Old 04-09-2020, 04:25 PM

Quote:

I ordered a drink at the table and they gave me a juice box ……. like WTF I said? the waitress said, "you are tipping me in play chips, WTF do you think?, I'm supposed to bring you a REAL drink?"

I swear I maybe was able to play MAYBE a half dozen hands with confidence based on the flop yesterday - I would get dealt a great hand, like A-Q (diamonds suited) or something like that and the flop would come out all spades, or 6,7, 9 connectors !!! how can you play crap like that?

Never knew where you stood …..lol

Was pretty tough. Had to lie, cheat and steal to stay alive, and people are starting to pattern each other, so way harder to trap/bluff compared to a few games ago.
Ya but you still took me (Stamps18) down a good notch. When it get's down to 2 players the big bucks fly. Bunch of hands I had, I would need 9 cards to even attempt a straight and ya one would get cards suited in your hand and the flop was exactly that. CRAP NO MATCH ARRRRG Oh well had fun. Gonna do it again tonight
Old 04-09-2020, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbless View Post
Ya but you still took me (Stamps18) down a good notch. When it get's down to 2 players the big bucks fly. Bunch of hands I had, I would need 9 cards to even attempt a straight and ya one would get cards suited in your hand and the flop was exactly that. CRAP NO MATCH ARRRRG Oh well had fun. Gonna do it again tonight
Luck plays a part in the game for sure .......timing when hitting the cards sometimes is everything.

Been on both side of that before .... lol

The other part of the game is, of course, a mix of math, money invested vs return per hand on that math ........... and the player you are up against ........ pattern a few guys and you can have some decent idea of what they are more/less likely to do.

Some guys are hard to figure out sometimes, so, sometimes you have to play a mediocre hand, or chase something and lay down your chips knowing you are likely to loose just to see what he had ......it sucks to pay to see and tough to do with good competition. Makes me a better player playing against better competition - so I'm learning as I go.

But, Yes, I'm having a lot of fun, quality of the players is better than I expected. No easy money with a few of you circling sharks !!!!!

I think it's your turn tonight ...
Old 04-09-2020, 05:13 PM

We shall see if my turn. I do believe at one point someone said they were going to gang up on me. Got through it though Depends on my waitress. She does get a tip but has to work pretty hard for it. When you said you were going to start betting like a drunk'n soldier your waitress must have started bringing you 4 pulls and you gave her the big tip LOL.
Good luck to all tonight.
Old 04-09-2020, 05:29 PM

Ive learned a ton so far ,since we started this i hadn't played in 7~9 years.Im a little wild so starting to figure this out.I figure if I dont play the hands EZM is in Ill last a lot longer
Old 04-09-2020, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbless View Post
We shall see if my turn. I do believe at one point someone said they were going to gang up on me. Got through it though Depends on my waitress. She does get a tip but has to work pretty hard for it. When you said you were going to start betting like a drunk'n soldier your waitress must have started bringing you 4 pulls and you gave her the big tip LOL.
Good luck to all tonight.
Of course ..... ganging up on you and your stack was the plan ..... made it fun - and I guess that's why we play.

It's actually pretty fun ....and can pay you dividends as I definitely paid to see quite a few hands I suspected I was behind in - school ain't cheap.

We will see you tonight. Looking forward to it.
Old 04-09-2020, 06:31 PM

Quote:

I held up my empty glass for the waitress to get me a refill. My wife slapped me upside the head and said 'get it yerself!'
Old 04-09-2020, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Ive learned a ton so far ,since we started this i hadn't played in 7~9 years.Im a little wild so starting to figure this out.I figure if I dont play the hands EZM is in Ill last a lot longer
Ah, come on, you know sometimes the dealer deals you a brick .... and even though the final knock out blow was nothing to blame the dealer for, you got a few really bad turns and rivers on some hands before that from the dealer that I was watching and shaking my head at. A few of them, luckily, I got out of, but would have been burned too.

Happens to all of us.

Looking forward to it tonight.
Old 04-10-2020, 04:08 PM

Looks like 2 games tonight both at same time???
Old 04-10-2020, 05:15 PM

As Stamps18 I'll be in tonight. Gonna be sht's and giggles. Lot's of grumbling, complaining and cursing the dealer and your own hand for chasing. LOL Let's have some more fun. Question? Are we actually more than 6 ft. apart at the table?
Old 04-10-2020, 05:38 PM

Added a quick tournament in before the 7 pm one. Should be finished in 30 min.
Old 04-11-2020, 06:13 PM

Thanks for taking pity on me and letting me win a game.

Next game at 7 pm. Any new players send me a PM and we will get you the info to get playing.

Kill some time with members rather than watching TV.
Old 04-11-2020, 06:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpohlic View Post
I held up my empty glass for the waitress to get me a refill. My wife slapped me upside the head and said 'get it yerself!'
Old 04-12-2020, 11:45 AM

Was pm’d that I forgot tonight’s tourney. Put a recurrence for the next 5 days.
Old 04-13-2020, 09:08 AM

Wow you players show no mercy. Went from top to bottom in no time. HA HA HA all good fun. Beware rookies they will eat you up and spit you out and say GG thanks for your donation. LOL Awesome idea of getting this on track Sun I tip my hat to you.
Old 04-15-2020, 12:45 PM

Default Morning game

I was PM'd asking to try a morning game for a member who only has the morning to play.

I will set a few up and see if there is enough interest

As mentioned...anyone wanting to suggest something different...feel free to ask. I see no harm in trying different poker ideas.

The only thing I won't touch is a real money game.

ANYONE ELSE INTERESTED IN JOINING JUST PM ME... NO COMMITMENT...PLAY WHEN YOU CAN.

Cheers
Old 04-15-2020, 09:09 PM

Technical issues tonight, we got booted out of the game around 8:50 and then it got shutdown. NOT A COMPLAINT. Just an update. down to the last 3 and calgaryguy had a big chip lead..what could have been ....
Old 04-15-2020, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyn View Post
Technical issues tonight, we got booted out of the game around 8:50 and then it got shutdown. NOT A COMPLAINT. Just an update. down to the last 3 and calgaryguy had a big chip lead..what could have been ....
Lol

Check your PS messages. Likely the game started again. First on will win.
Old 04-16-2020, 06:27 PM

we waited it out for quite a while and then a message popped up saying something like "tournament has been terminated due to technical issues"
but theres another one tomorrow so no harm no foul....