Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-28-2022, 11:09 AM

Default Flood water

Hey guys, last minute post, trying to decide between calling lake and lac la biche for the weekend. Was at calling a couple weeks back and there was definitely some flood water further north. Was told it has gotten worse, any reports? Also, any reports on conditions on la biche? Quick reply’s appreciated, thanks!
Old 01-28-2022, 05:26 PM

I was at Calling last weekend, flood water was getting bad in a few spots, but we didn't have much trouble, good 4x4 will still get you around. We were frozen up pretty bad after parking on the ice for the day though. My dad's tire went flat from the ice buildup pushing it off the bead. Fishing was mediocre.

I think you can expect flood water on any lake you go to right now, and the warm weather is keeping everything mushy. Once we get cold weather again all the flood water is going to freeze and there will be a foot of slush ice on top of the good ice haha
Old 01-28-2022, 06:04 PM

I was at calling today. We walked on at the tower. Some water on the ice and some very hard drifts.We saw a truck on the ice down toward the prov park. nobody has driven on at the tower for a while. I think the right vehicle could make it.