Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 08-21-2007, 10:01 PM

Angry Sheep Hunt

Just blowing off some steam here boys and girls. I have never been sheep hunting in my life (praire boy) and the pics and stories on this site have really peaked my interest. I am mostly booked all fall as far as hunting. I did have one week off with nothing concrete planned and I may have to venture to the high country then. My beef is with two seperate people in the same day offer to take me with them this weekend. That would be great if I didn't have to work This sucks I think the extreme challenge to harvest one of these animals is what intrigues me most. It really must make them a trophy when you are fortunate enough to harvest one.

To all those heading out for the opener: Good luck, and bring a camera
Old 08-21-2007, 10:20 PM

Yeah, mulecrazy, I hear ya! I'm an ex-maritime boy who has been fascinated with the size of the mulies here for years. Never tried for elk yet, and always watched the Rams on the sides of roads for years and never really considered them as huntable or difficult to get. The more I learn here, the more they are getting in my head. Some cat formerly named 'Blakinator' is totally to blame as well as that other cat that likes to hunt 'em. God help me, but they are kindda infectious once you allow yourself to start thinking about 'em. Someday, someday soon. I'm hoping to make my first Ram hunt with my son who is now going on 6, so by the time he is ready, we should have some pretty good priorities somewhere............

Tree