Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-19-2009, 08:23 AM
Banned

The Prois gear is available in DeWinton from these folks http://www.bilozir.net I saw them at a couple of gun shows this year but don't know anything else about them - except I really liked a couple of the shotguns he had.
Old 09-19-2009, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindalbakken View Post
The Prois gear is available in DeWinton from these folks http://www.bilozir.net I saw them at a couple of gun shows this year but don't know anything else about them - except I really liked a couple of the shotguns he had.
Welcome aboard hunter girl..I am new to the forums also but think its a great bunch of ppl in here to deal with and swap stories and lies....Oh ya and to the gent that said he has a big bank account....I got ya beat....I can cook home cooked meals....
Old 09-19-2009, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Girl View Post
I know this site is called the "outdoorsMENforum" but I wanted to start a thread for the women hunters out there to share tips and hunting pictures.

My first question is if any of you have any tips on where you get your hunting clothes and accessories?

I have recently discovered that buying kids L, XL and 2XL is a great deal!

Looking forward to hearing from you ladies!
I usually just buy a mens small so I have room to layer more clothes under to keep warm.
Old 09-19-2009, 08:07 PM

Cool

Quote:
Do any of you ladies have any cool hunting stories and pictures to share? I will post my first deer hunting experience soon.

I started hunting because of my boyfriend, as I am sure a lot of you ladies have, and I have gained a new found love of the outdoors and that time together as a couple in the field!
I just hope that one year I can take a bigger animal than him!
Me too!

This is my first deer (2007)

My 'guide'/boyfriend (user: buckbrush)

My second deer (2008)

Buckbrush and his girlie

My Little Helper and I (4 mo. old - now 14 mo.)

Looking forward to sharing my 2009 buck with you all too!

Last edited by Krista; 09-19-2009 at 08:19 PM. Reason: add picture
Old 09-19-2009, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krista View Post
Me too!
Looking forward to sharing my 2009 buck with you all too!
Thanks for sharing those great pics Krista! I am sure your daughter will grow up to love hunting as well!
Old 09-20-2009, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Thanks for sharing those great pics Krista! I am sure your daughter will grow up to love hunting as well!
Great pics there Krista and lookin forward to seeing some from 09 season....actually to all the women in here..I am lookin forward to seeing some 09 hunting pics from all of ya..
Old 09-20-2009, 08:47 PM

Thanks

So, the last few days I have been working on a new hunting outfit for my daughter. I made it a bit big so she can layer under it (and it will fit longer!!)

Here are some pictures!

Brook and her Daddy

I am going to be making some mittens after I get some elastic!
Old 09-21-2009, 07:11 AM

Great thread, super pictures and terrific stories!

Congrats to all of you on your success!
Old 09-21-2009, 07:52 AM

Looks as if the little one likes her new outfit too. Cute pics Krista. Now ya gotta make her a camo one.

thegungirl.ca @gmail.com
Old 08-06-2011, 06:17 AM

Default so, ok I'm new

I resurrected this thread in hopes of getting some good pointers.
I've never hunted except rabbit with a .22 when I was a kid, have never shot anything bigger than a .223 because most long guns are just too long. I'm only 5' tall and can't reach the forestock of most full size rifles. :-(
Anyway - I moved to Winnipeg this year and would love to start hunting. Can anyone point me in the right direction to get started ? As a newcomer to town, I don't know anyone except from work and none of them are the outdoorsy type. I don't do the bar scene so don't have a have that opportunity to meet folks. I've done a search for hunting clubs here in the area and there are not any that are online that I can find. I took up archery when I got here and that's fun but again, finding someone that will shepherd me or teach me how is the problem.
You all seem to know the ins and outs - I'd appreciate your comments.
Thanks in advance !
Old 08-06-2011, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant View Post
I resurrected this thread in hopes of getting some good pointers.
I've never hunted except rabbit with a .22 when I was a kid, have never shot anything bigger than a .223 because most long guns are just too long. I'm only 5' tall and can't reach the forestock of most full size rifles. :-(
Anyway - I moved to Winnipeg this year and would love to start hunting. Can anyone point me in the right direction to get started ? As a newcomer to town, I don't know anyone except from work and none of them are the outdoorsy type. I don't do the bar scene so don't have a have that opportunity to meet folks. I've done a search for hunting clubs here in the area and there are not any that are online that I can find. I took up archery when I got here and that's fun but again, finding someone that will shepherd me or teach me how is the problem.
You all seem to know the ins and outs - I'd appreciate your comments.
Thanks in advance !
Well, for starters, try and find a trap and skeet club close to you.Although i was born in St. Boniface, it has been a zillion years since i was back ( still miss Manitoba!) so do not know who to tell you to contact, but this might help
http://drclaw.ca/firearms/

For hunting clothes for the ladies however, Will Bilozir's wife Donna carries the Prois Apparel through one of the sponsors here,
http://64.141.114.116/~bilozir/index...id=4&Itemid=29
Cat
Old 08-06-2011, 08:07 AM

Default Camo coveralls

Was in MilArm the other day
They had a bunch of size 40 camoflage coveralls in the military surplus section
Old 08-06-2011, 08:16 AM

Welcome to the forum!!! Nice to see more women getting into the sport!! I've had some pretty amazing experiences hunting and they have all happened when I've been flying solo because I want to give the "men" their space!!!

My first deer I shot at about 15 meters.... He kept walking towards me!! Lol he was a curious guy!

Last year I was hunkered down in some willows looking for my calf moose n a young buck started stomping the ground, lowered his head and fricken charged towards me!! He startled as soon as I stood up though!!

Any of you ladies hitting huntfest today?? I think I have to drag my sister there because I've got no one to go with!! The only thing she hunts is clothes n makeup so really not as fun!!

If you see me there... Please say hi!!
Old 08-06-2011, 09:08 AM

Congratulations to all female hunters out there. My wife started hunting when we first met seven years ago and she shot a bull mooose and went duck and goose hunting. Now with having a "little buck" it is harder to get out . Hopefully this fall she will come out for at least one trip. To all of the the female hunters out there good luck.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:19 PM

Default new to it all

Hello everyone!!

Im very new the hunting thing, so new that the most ive done is some reading. lol. Ill give you a little back story, got to go fishing this past weekend after not for somewhere around 13 years, and it got me thinking as why i never tried or got into hunting. Now i want to at least try it, hopefully its something i enjoy. Heres the kicker for me though, i dont like the taste of wild meat, so in a way seems pointless for me.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get started or stuff to read? One of my friends and my boyfriend hunt but neither seemed intreseted in showing me the ropes really.

Thanks
Old 10-13-2011, 08:28 PM

Great job Ladies!
Those are some nice deer!
Old 10-14-2011, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephs View Post
Does anyone have any advice on how to get started or stuff to read?
Thanks
www.aheia.com will help you out!
Old 10-14-2011, 12:41 PM

Welcome, nice to know there are other women that like to hunt. My boyfriend and I enjoy spending time together in the outdoors, it makes for a great date. It is so hard to find a good hunting buddy. I have bought most of my hunting clothes and boots from Cabelas online in the states. The dollor is par and stuff is so cheap as long as you know what size you need. It's important to read all the feedback on each item, it will help. Good Luck and happy hunting.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:12 PM

This forum will henceforth be referred to as Alberta Outdoors Persons. Somehow, I don't think Rob will approve.

Grizz