Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 02-05-2020, 12:32 PM

Exclamation Another Powder Recall - This Time Accurate Powder - Made by Western Powders

RECALL NOTICE:
ACCURATE POWDERS

General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems Canada Valleyfield, Inc (GD-OTS), has determined a potential defect relating to certain lots of Accurate 2495, 4064 and 4350 propellants manufactured for Western Powders, Inc. prior to October 1, 2016 and packaged under the Accurate brand name in 1 lb. and 8 lb. canisters, may be defective.

The use or storage of this product may result in combustion, fire damage and/or possible serious injury or property damage. Some signs of degradation include, but are not limited to, container lid deformation, discoloration of the containers in the lid area, presence of red fumes when the container lid is opened, or the presence of a strong acidic odor.

GD-OTS and Western Powders, Inc. are recalling the following powders packaged under the Accurate brand in 1 lb. and 8 lb. containers:

Click on picture to expand.

Powder.jpg

The Lot Number is located either in a box on the back of the label:

OR as a sticker on the bottom of the container.

What you should do:
1) Immediately fill the container with water, which will render the product inert and safe for disposal.

2) Notify Western Powders, Inc. and 406-234-0422, or customerservice@westernpowders.com. We will provide you with instructions to photograph the bottle showing the lot number and provide refund information.

3) DO NOT load ammunition with affected powder

NOTE: This recall does not extend to loaded ammunition. Performance of ammunition with propellant showing no signs of degradation will not be altered, provided recommended storage conditions are followed. It is recommended that loaded ammunition be checked regularly for deterioration.

Safety is our first concern. If you have any questions regarding this recall, contact us at:
406-234-0422
customerservice@westernpowders.com

Please allow at least 2 business days for a response.

Last edited by Dean2; 02-05-2020 at 12:38 PM.
Old 02-05-2020, 02:51 PM

Thanks for posting this Dean
Old 02-08-2020, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokinyotes View Post
Thanks for posting this Dean
X2, Dean!!!
Old 02-08-2020, 06:48 PM

Default My 6.5x55 and ACC4350

I had an ongoing email exchange with these guys, over a pound of Acc 4350 powder I had back in 2017 and 2018. It may have been this same stuff, Any ways I was blowing primers an sooting up the outside of the cases drastically,After trying all I could, I finally dumped this powder in the flower garden, and watered it down. In all my years of reloading. this is the only time I ever threw out a lb. of powder, because I was afraid to try it in my other rifles.
Old 02-08-2020, 07:02 PM

Just checked my powders. Had 1 lb of 4350 from Lot #2.
Took a sniff. Yep!!! It's going bad.
Filled it with water just now.
Thanks Dean
Old 02-08-2020, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckhead View Post
Just checked my powders. Had 1 lb of 4350 from Lot #2.
Took a sniff. Yep!!! It's going bad.
Filled it with water just now.
Thanks Dean
Very glad to help. It would really suck to have that combust in your powder locker.

Sashi

I would call them, tell them your story. I would expect they would make good on some new powder.