Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

View Poll Results: Have you ever personally witnessed someone getting a tag for a draw that was out of sequence?
Yes 61 46.92%
No 69 53.08%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-13-2011, 06:05 PM
Banned

Default Ever Experience Draws Out of Priority?

Not to hijack a different thread......

Have you ever personally witnessed someone getting a tag for a draw that was out of sequence?

Someone with a lower priority gets drawn and someone with a higher priority doesn't.........not heresay but actual first hand experience.

The poll is easy.......Yes or No.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:15 PM

I Know a guy who got back to back calf moose draws with a priority 0 in a P3 or higher wmu.... lucky for him,but not lucky for the other calf moose hunters....
Old 10-13-2011, 06:18 PM

Happened to me last year with 108 mulie buck. 2 of my good buddies drew on a 3 I was a 4.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:19 PM
Banned

I hunted with a guy that was drawn for bull moose at pri 0, his first time ever putting in for a draw, and I wasn't drawn at pri 1......the same wmu. We were in the same camp so it didn't hurt too much........but still.

Last edited by HunterDave; 10-13-2011 at 06:43 PM.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:25 PM

Default draws

Oh yea

About seven years ago a good friend of mine was drawn for bull moose in zone 220 on a priority zero. He had just got a draw for a bull the year before. He was also 79 years old at the time. Don't know if that had something to do with it or not. Regardless it took me 10 years to get a draw in 220 for a bull moose. Makes me ponder.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:31 PM

Yes

Last year I had priority 4 for mule deer in 526
Friend had priority 0 for mule deer in 526

He got a tag and I didnt. I saw his draw results and priority level on his printout. There is no doubt.

He got drawn at 0 and I didnt with a priority 4.

We made our draw applications alone. No other WIN numbers involved.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:55 PM

My partner is a 2 for mulie does.... all the 1's were drawn and he was not...
Old 10-13-2011, 07:10 PM

I was told this spring when calling into the draw "help" line that all draws are MANUALLY entered into the computer from the system that inputs our information when we apply. That is why it takes forever to get the results and that is why human error enters the equation. It is also why some guys and their buddies beat insurmountable odds and draw "once in a lifetime" tags multiple times.

Just what I was told folks. If it is true it is ridiculous. Especially when handled by a company called "IBM".
Old 10-13-2011, 08:09 PM

Has anyone that has had this happen to them demand a resolution?

If it's how many have laid out the facts here I would believe they would have to issue the tag?

Chuck- It's "once in a lifetime" if you can draw only once in a lifetime..
Old 10-13-2011, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksteed17 View Post
Happened to me last year with 108 mulie buck. 2 of my good buddies drew on a 3 I was a 4.
I went back to last years draw stats on mywildalberta and it didn't show any thing like what you are saying. It shows 108 out of 108 with a p4 got drawn and 90 out of 142 got drawn with a p3. Maybe your application got screwed up when it was entered????
Old 10-13-2011, 08:39 PM

i got drawn for bull moose last year in 503 after applying 2 years got a buddy who been applying 5 years and going on 6 years now he still never got it
Old 10-13-2011, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram crazy View Post
I went back to last years draw stats on mywildalberta and it didn't show any thing like what you are saying. It shows 108 out of 108 with a p4 got drawn and 90 out of 142 got drawn with a p3. Maybe your application got screwed up when it was entered????
But I gained another year of priority and drew this year?
Old 10-13-2011, 08:45 PM

You bet, a guy in our hunting party drew a camp WR moose tag one year and a wmu 441 tag the next.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:09 PM

I hate to admit it but I got drawn 2 years in a row bull moose 348! first year all 4 of us got it and i 999 it the year after and got it again! My brother inlaw got drawn for cow elk in 348 this year and he 999 it because he is in australia working go figure!
Old 10-13-2011, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shotwade View Post
I hate to admit it but I got drawn 2 years in a row bull moose 348! first year all 4 of us got it and i 999 it the year after and got it again! My brother inlaw got drawn for cow elk in 348 this year and he 999 it because he is in australia working go figure!
OK...how can that even make sense? you 999 a draw....and you got drawn??? WTF this IBM system needs some fine tuning is all I gotta say....seriously the CO's on the site seeing this should really bring this up at the next meeting....because that just isn't cool.

LC
Old 10-13-2011, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
I was told this spring when calling into the draw "help" line that all draws are MANUALLY entered into the computer from the system that inputs our information when we apply. That is why it takes forever to get the results and that is why human error enters the equation. It is also why some guys and their buddies beat insurmountable odds and draw "once in a lifetime" tags multiple times.

Just what I was told folks. If it is true it is ridiculous. Especially when handled by a company called "IBM".
Is it me or does sheephunters round table of friends seem to get alot of the 438 sheep draw?......
Old 10-13-2011, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
Yes

Last year I had priority 4 for mule deer in 526
Friend had priority 0 for mule deer in 526

He got a tag and I didnt. I saw his draw results and priority level on his printout. There is no doubt.

He got drawn at 0 and I didnt with a priority 4.

We made our draw applications alone. No other WIN numbers involved.
I've seen this happen with antlered mule deer in this zone a handful of times. This year alone I know a guy that drew last year with a 3 or 4 and got it agian this year on a 0???

Weird...
Old 10-13-2011, 10:03 PM

If someone has actual evidence post it up!

You get confirmation of the draws you put in for, your current priority and the tags you have. All of this is under your profile on WinRelm. Then there is the draws summary that shows what priorities got drawn, how many tags, etc.. All of this could be posted, just black out your name and win#.

There was the issue of the first to put in for new or no priority draws got the tag. SRD acknowledged this problem and fixed it. If there is the problem that this topic suggests, it seems to potentially be more problematic.

I'd have to see some of this to believe it.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:07 PM

I was drawn three years in a row for wmu 224 antlered Mule Deer. At that time it was once every three years. One of my buddies took seven years to draw that tag, not to say he was a bit pizzed off. But then again he got a 189 mule!
Old 10-13-2011, 10:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDraw View Post
If someone has actual evidence post it up!

You get confirmation of the draws you put in for, your current priority and the tags you have. All of this is under your profile on WinRelm. Then there is the draws summary that shows what priorities got drawn, how many tags, etc.. All of this could be posted, just black out your name and win#.

There was the issue of the first to put in for new or no priority draws got the tag. SRD acknowledged this problem and fixed it. If there is the problem that this topic suggests, it seems to potentially be more problematic.

I'd have to see some of this to believe it.
You don't have to believe it, no one is forcing you to. The posts are of personal experiences of people and if you think that the people posting are not being truthful then that's your right as an Albertan.

In the example that I gave with Ralf getting drawn on a pri 0 when I didn't get drawn on a pri 1 the draw results didn't show anyone getting drawn at pri 0. If it had don't you think that someone outside of our camp would have noticed.......maybe someone else like me that was pri 1 and didn't get drawn?

Why do you think that so many people would lie about something like this? Some sort of conspiracy or something?
Old 10-13-2011, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
You don't have to believe it, no one is forcing you to. The posts are of personal experiences of people and if you think that the people posting are not being truthful then that's your right as an Albertan.

In the example that I gave with Ralf getting drawn on a pri 0 when I didn't get drawn on a pri 1 the draw results didn't show anyone getting drawn at pri 0. If it had don't you think that someone outside of our camp would have noticed.......maybe someone else like me that was pri 1 and didn't get drawn?

Why do you think that so many people would lie about something like this? Some sort of conspiracy or something?
Not calling anyone a liar. Just saying there is black and white evidence via the WinRelm website and then asked if anyone has approached SRD for an explanation since there is such an obvious paper trail.

You need to lighten up..
Old 10-13-2011, 10:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDraw View Post
Not calling anyone a liar. Just saying there is black and white evidence via the WinRelm website and then asked if anyone has approached SRD for an explanation since there is such an obvious paper trail.

You need to lighten up..
Well, yeah, you were. When you said that you'd have to see it on paper in order to believe it.

You missed the point that I made in my last post though. If someone gets drawn on a pri 0 and it doesn't show up in the draw summary or it shows as a pri 1, what obvious paper trail is there? There is none.

I'm not getting excited here, I'm just pointing out the facts.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
OK...how can that even make sense? you 999 a draw....and you got drawn??? WTF this IBM system needs some fine tuning is all I gotta say....seriously the CO's on the site seeing this should really bring this up at the next meeting....because that just isn't cool.

LC
^^^^^^

I still want to know how this can happen.....if you 999 you up your priority but are not put in for a draw, your name is not entered. I assume whoever this happened to forgot to 999 and is mistaken? in that they actually put in for the draw? Otherwise the entire draw system is a sham...

LC
Old 10-13-2011, 11:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
^^^^^^

I still want to know how this can happen.....if you 999 you up your priority but are not put in for a draw, your name is not entered. I assume whoever this happened to forgot to 999 and is mistaken? in that they actually put in for the draw? Otherwise the entire draw system is a sham...

LC
Or.......someone messed up when they were manually entering the info into the computer.......human error. I don't know if it's done that way or not but that is the way that someone on the thread mentioned.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetail Junkie View Post
Is it me or does sheephunters round table of friends seem to get alot of the 438 sheep draw?......
Yep its a conspiracy!! Anyone with any connection to TJ automatically gets a special application number to call in.....
Old 10-13-2011, 11:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
Yep its a conspiracy!! Anyone with any connection to TJ automatically gets a special application number to call in.....
So I'm guessing that they all voted "No".
Old 10-13-2011, 11:20 PM
Banned

Not possitive but based upon discussions I've had with others and what I've been reading...I suspect that I got buggered this year for Antlered Muley.

No big deal...there is always next year.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesky672 View Post
Not possitive but based upon discussions I've had with others and what I've been reading...I suspect that I got buggered this year for Antlered Muley.

No big deal...there is always next year.
Check your pri against the draw summary. Maybe the other fellas just made off like bandits....lol.

http://mywildalberta.com/Hunting/Hun...e-13-2011B.pdf
Old 10-13-2011, 11:34 PM

Last year had a buddy put in for moose in 236 first choice second 234 priority 3 I was priority 6 for moose in 234 I never got drawn he did on a second choice in 234 go figure..... no biggie I got him this year and he is in freezer now
Old 10-13-2011, 11:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
Check your pri against the draw summary. Maybe the other fellas just made off like bandits....lol.

http://mywildalberta.com/Hunting/Hun...e-13-2011B.pdf
I did.
Thing is my wife and I were both the same priority and neither of us were drawn. When you do the math...the odds were pretty long.
Plus my buddy was a year behind us and he did get drawn...first pick...same area...

No biggie...I still have meat in the freezer and lots of tags for this year.
Next year we'll luck out and maybe have a crack at another moose to.

It's not worth worrying about.