Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-11-2019, 10:38 PM

I get gout about once a year and I take meds for a week to shake the pain... my pain is debilitating when I get a flair up. I wonder Will Keto be a contributor to gout?
Old 03-12-2019, 10:28 AM

If you are serious about losing weight (fat), check out THE Snake Diet.
If Cole Robinson cant motivate you to lose weight (fat), you cant be motivated... LOL
I drink Snake Juice every day (electrolytes), and I have done a couple 48 hour fasts. Hoping to try a 72 hour soon.

Last edited by sharpstick; 03-12-2019 at 10:29 AM. Reason: missed words
Old 03-12-2019, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpstick View Post
If you are serious about losing weight (fat), check out THE Snake Diet.
If Cole Robinson cant motivate you to lose weight (fat), you cant be motivated... LOL
I drink Snake Juice every day (electrolytes), and I have done a couple 48 hour fasts. Hoping to try a 72 hour soon.
His snake juice keeps you hydrated like nobodys business. I rarely drink just plain water anymore. Fasting once in a while helps. He has a whole different approach to motivating which is calling it as he sees it and it offends some but has helped hundreds if not thousands or more.

And hes from Edmonton!
Old 03-14-2019, 11:01 AM

I wish I was in Edmonton, I would go to his workouts, as he loves to help out people... and for free. I actually love his approach as he gets results.
I rarely drink plain water either, mostly snake juice (electrolytes).
It is a Fasting based diet. Cant argue his results and self tests.
Old 03-14-2019, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpstick View Post
I wish I was in Edmonton, I would go to his workouts, as he loves to help out people... and for free. I actually love his approach as he gets results.
I rarely drink plain water either, mostly snake juice (electrolytes).
It is a Fasting based diet. Cant argue his results and self tests.
I asked this previously but where can you find food grade epsom salts in Calgary? I've seen that you can buy a 5lb bag or so from amazon. But I was thinking of trying to find something smaller to try making this. I tried Community Natural Foods, nope. They told me of a place in Inglewood, they don't carry it. And they also said Cambrian Pharmacy, who I haven't contacted yet. I didn't think it would be so difficult to find. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places. thanks
Old 03-14-2019, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slopeshunter View Post
I asked this previously but where can you find food grade epsom salts in Calgary? I've seen that you can buy a 5lb bag or so from amazon. But I was thinking of trying to find something smaller to try making this. I tried Community Natural Foods, nope. They told me of a place in Inglewood, they don't carry it. And they also said Cambrian Pharmacy, who I haven't contacted yet. I didn't think it would be so difficult to find. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places. thanks
I dont use the epsom salts in mine and have done just fine. I take a vitamin form of magnesium
Old 03-18-2019, 09:33 AM

I use sea salt or Himilayan Pink salt, No salt (Potassium) and baking soda in my Snake Juice. I have not tried the Epsom salts.
Old 03-18-2019, 10:48 AM

^^ thanks guys.
Old 03-24-2019, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
I get gout about once a year and I take meds for a week to shake the pain... my pain is debilitating when I get a flair up. I wonder Will Keto be a contributor to gout?
I was curious so I googled it. Likely you found this also.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/316111.php

I am down 25 lbs in 7 weeks.

Pretty happy about the results.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 03-24-2019, 01:03 PM

Just hit 225, total of 30lbs lost. Discovered a new creamy garlic mushroom bacon recipe I did over chicken last night.
Would have been fantastic over some ruffed grouse
I think I’m going to hang on for another month and try to get under 210lbs, and then go to a low carb diet and see if I maintain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-24-2019, 01:50 PM

Seven weeks down 20lbs, My insulin intake is now 1/2 of what it was when I started. We are using Club House Yorkshire as a substitute for small buns for salami sandwiches etc. They even go good with peanut butter. Suppers are now going great, because we are now prepping them for more exotic tastes. Sugar free Jellos and puddings for desert with whipped cream and berries for dessert.
Old 03-24-2019, 01:57 PM

Cool

I do Intermittent Fasting.. and go to gym 5 to 6 days a week. I know Keto works..... and can actually work well with Intermittent fasting... but keto is a diet... and the word diet to me means ....temporary. if you dont make it your lifestyle.. it comes back.

Im not slandering the keto diet... just i know too many people who have done it.. stopped ...got bored.. lost a bunch of weight.. went back to normal routines and habits.. gained it all back or some of it...or more weight back lol

Intermittent Fasting isnt a diet.. its Timing. Have the energy of being in my early 20s.... at 41.

Last edited by Alberta Bigbore; 03-24-2019 at 02:09 PM.
Old 03-24-2019, 02:02 PM

Started a diet last Saturday at 231.8lbs. Cut out most carbs (had peters drive in on Friday- burger and a half and a bunch of fries... ashamed).

Mostly been eating salads, had some goat curry butter chicken, and homemade burger patty. Had a few drinks Friday and Saturday. Slamming lots of water. Walked about 30km throughout the week and played hockey twice. And intermittent fasting between 13-15 hours each day.

I am at 220.2 as of this morning.
Old 03-24-2019, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Bigbore View Post
I do Intermittent Fasting.. and go to gym 5 to 6 days a week. I know Keto works..... and can actually work well with Intermittent fasting... but keto is a diet... and the word diet to me means ....temporary. if you dont make it your lifestyle.. it comes back.

Im not slandering the keto diet... just i know too many people who have done it.. stopped ...got bored.. lost a bunch of weight.. went back to normal routines and habits.. gained it all back or some of it...or more weight back lol

Intermittent Fasting isnt a diet.. its Timing. Have the energy of being in my early 20s.... at 41.

That’s the trick right, to keep the weight off it has to be a life style change. The old eating habits got me to this point. Can’t return. And exercise is absolutely key.
I can’t preach yet though, for now it’s a month at time. Check back in a year

Old 03-24-2019, 03:00 PM

When you to get where you want to be, you can go the keto way of eating from Monday to Friday and on Saturday and Sunday loosen up the diet and eat carbs. I have been eating this cyclical keto way for a while. There are Facebook groups dedicated to this cyclical keto way of eating. It’s up to the individual person but it works for me. It’s very similar to Dr. Mauro DiPasqule’s Anabolic Diet.
Old 04-08-2019, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
When you to get where you want to be, you can go the keto way of eating from Monday to Friday and on Saturday and Sunday loosen up the diet and eat carbs. I have been eating this cyclical keto way for a while. There are Facebook groups dedicated to this cyclical keto way of eating. It’s up to the individual person but it works for me. It’s very similar to Dr. Mauro DiPasqule’s Anabolic Diet.
Read that cheat days may not be healthy. Thinking is get your weight down on Keto then go off and eat healthy and in moderation with appropriate portions.

That being said...make a scrumptious dish last night. Very keto friendly.

Roasted Garlic baby bok choy.

Take baby bok choy and cut a bit of the bottom off so the leaves come off like celery. Wash, dry and then place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper on the bottom. Sprinkle some avocado oil on as well as pepper, Himalayan sea salt and minced garlic. Cook at 425 for 10 minutes. Pull out and turn over and I sprinkled a bit more salt and pepper and oil and in for another 10 minutes.

Very tasty hot out of the oven. Yum.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 04-08-2019, 10:26 AM

Very annoying. Seem to have hit a plateau on the weight loss. Trying to figure out if somehow I am getting too much carbs or if I just need to step up the exercise.
Old 04-08-2019, 03:58 PM

That's it, going off keto, moving to a low carb, adding brown and wild rice to the diet, and a couple of slices of toast.
Old 04-10-2019, 07:55 PM

Strange. Three days in a row lost a pound each day.
Old 04-10-2019, 08:01 PM
Banned

What ma bellay is sayeen bright abouut nowe

https://youtu.be/hgfbafx137A
Old 04-11-2019, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Strange. Three days in a row lost a pound each day.

3 months this week and I’ve noticed no consistency for the last month either, compared to the first 8 weeks. Other than the downward trend that is. But I’ll go a few days with no change. Then a drop of a couple lbs. I think my problem is not holding out for only weighing myself once a week. The excitement is too great not to check.
Now at 216.2lbs this morning from 255.6 January 16th!
My under 210 goal is within reach, and I think hitting 200 is now doable. I may start some jogging now that the nice weather is here.

Old 04-11-2019, 04:01 AM
Banned

Tried it six month ago for just 3 weeks so lazy i couldn't continue only lost 15lbs during the period
Old 04-11-2019, 05:40 AM
Banned

I have been eating healthy for a couple of months now. Not that the food I was eating was bad really. I generally never eat fast food and always cook myself and for my family.
My diet consist of fruits and vegetables, eggs, chicken, rice of various types. Every morning I also make a smoothie with Vega protein and greens as the main ingredient. I found taking bread out of my diet has made a huge difference. The wife made some chicken buns for supper the other day and the next day it felt as if my energy was about half what it routinely is now. I also started craving junk food that day.
Good eating with a combination of exercise and by exercise I mean full out nuts to the wall 8 hours a day climbing ladders, lifting heavy steel and general cardio and tight deadlines has made me extremely healthy. None of my pants fit anymore and my belt is on the first hole. Almost time for a new belt lol.
Anyways I haven’t been sick in almost 4.5 years or more. Not even a sniffle 😁 I also take zinc supplements usually a couple times a week. Zinc is good for men’s health and the immune system. When I crave a snack now I usually make myself a large salad loaded with cucumber and calorie wise dressing. I loves me spinach too! 😂
Old 04-11-2019, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Bigbore View Post

Agreed. I like to utilize it to get ripped after a bulking phase.
Old 04-12-2019, 05:39 AM

Would like to ask if someone can recommend a good yogurt for a keto diet and where they buy it?

Thanks.
Old 04-12-2019, 12:02 PM

Default Keto rocks

I’ve been on keto for about a week and a half and I’m down 11 pounds..I did this diet about 2 years ago for 2 months and lost about 20. No complaints from me!
Old 04-12-2019, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomP View Post
I’ve been on keto for about a week and a half and I’m down 11 pounds..I did this diet about 2 years ago for 2 months and lost about 20. No complaints from me!
If you don't mind me asking, did you find that the weight came back quickly after you stopped doing keto 2 years ago? I've been doing it for about 2 months now and have dropped roughly 15 lbs. Curious how much of it might be water weight that comes back after a guy stops the diet.
Old 04-12-2019, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustard73 View Post
If you don't mind me asking, did you find that the weight came back quickly after you stopped doing keto 2 years ago? I've been doing it for about 2 months now and have dropped roughly 15 lbs. Curious how much of it might be water weight that comes back after a guy stops the diet.
I wouldn’t say quickly. 2 years of not eating particularly healthy at all and I gained back the 20 and out on another 5 or so. I feel that if you want to keep the weight off long term it is a lifestyle change..for me I am hoping to lose about 35 pounds total and then keep it off by switching to a low carb diet but not strictly keto.
Old 04-12-2019, 01:37 PM
Banned

Along with my healthy eating I’m taking a new supplement called choline. I don’t think I have any issues with my liver but I drank pretty heavy for a couple years. Choline helps rid fat out of your liver and for people with chrones disease like a friend of mine this is where choline really shines. Only side effect I have found is my sweat smells like fish...eeww!

I have been working out very hard for the past five days straight 8 hours a day non stop. I’m not sure how healthy it is for you? but my body seems to recover over night to full strength again and I don’t feel bad at all.
Must be good I guess
Old 04-12-2019, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^v^Tinda wolf^v^ View Post
Along with my healthy eating I’m taking a new supplement called choline. I don’t think I have any issues with my liver but I drank pretty heavy for a couple years. Choline helps rid fat out of your liver and for people with chrones disease like a friend of mine this is where choline really shines. Only side effect I have found is my sweat smells like fish...eeww!

I have been working out very hard for the past five days straight 8 hours a day non stop. I’m not sure how healthy it is for you? but my body seems to recover over night to full strength again and I don’t feel bad at all.
Must be good I guess
Can a doctor check you for liver function to see if there is a need for the supplement?

My doc said Keto is fine. I had a blood baseline before and doing another during.

Blood pressure down. Weight down 29 pounds in 9 weeks. Down 5 belt holes. Needed to put another hole in. Now pants are too baggy but I will wear them till they are holy then down to the new size.

What started me was purely this thread. What made me keep it up was a combination of my scientific thinking. Does it work or just fake news? Then...Amazement as the pounds came off while still eating every day to be full.

Wife wouldn’t believe it if she didn’t see it.

Was 250. Now 221. Goal was 225. New goal 200.

For those wondering what a typical days meal is.

Breaky. 2 eggs and bacon or ham or a three egg omelette.

Lunch. Salad with 2 hard boiled eggs. Vinegrette on the salad and two pieces of pork or chicken or turkey.

Dinner. Half plate of salad with carb free dressing like bacon ranch. 1/4 plate meat chicken fish steak. 1/4 plate fatty stuff like cheese plus take into account salad dressing and meat fat. If not much fat I whip up a 1/4 cup sugar free 35% cream with a handful mixed berries like blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, blackberries.

I am NEVER hungry. But I drink a ton of water.

Snack. Bacon or salad

Last edited by Sundancefisher; 04-12-2019 at 05:48 PM.