Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-01-2020, 09:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KinAlberta View Post
If dividing a country is a measure of the worse leaders, then Trump ranks well above Trudeau. Moreover assuming the elections aren’t hacked, it’s the parties and then the electorate that are placing divisive minded people into power. I don’t think this is, in the slightest, anything new. It’s been going on for centuries in democracies everywhere.

Moreover if people here in Alberta think Justin Trudeau is hated, they obviously didn’t live here when Pierre was in control.
The USA is not divided, look at an electoral map.
Old 03-01-2020, 09:52 AM

Disrespecting the flag of your country should be consider treason

I know that's the message it sends when you do that to another countries flag....
Old 03-01-2020, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 260 Rem View Post
I’m proud to be Canadian and the flag is on display on my property every day. Consider it disrespectful to treat the flag by flying it wrong side up (just as I would were someone to take a knee during the national anthem.). Bottom line, if you want to protest something, find an appropriate way to do it!
No doubt in my mind, I won the lottery being born Canadian.
Not sure what age you are, but I would have to say, being a boomer I also won the birthright lottery being canadian. That said, do you believe your kids and grand kids will win the same lottery?
Old 03-01-2020, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabbo View Post
Not sure what age you are, but I would have to say, being a boomer I also won the birthright lottery being canadian. That said, do you believe your kids and grand kids will win the same lottery?
The way things are going, the lottery payoff will be much smaller for future generations. The interest on the increasing debt is consuming more and more of the money we have to spend on social programs.
Old 03-01-2020, 10:58 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
yup...they have great careers....financially well off...doesn't come easy though...gotta stay within your means...have short term plans and long term goals....all do able even in lean times but many couldn't even make it when Alberta was booming....oh well back to the flag thing....the flag flies high and proud for all to see on my acreage...always has and always will.

As for those who want to fly it any other way well I am sure there is another country you can call home...won't miss ya!

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 03-01-2020, 11:00 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
Comparing Trudeau to 1938-1945 under Hitler, or a dictator is more than a little bit mellow dramatic and certainly a stretch. It absolutely ridiculous.

Millions of people have been victims of genocide under Hitler and other dictators, people starved to death, political opponents and their families assassinated and murdered.

If you want to try and draw a paralel between our situation and theirs - to me it seems grossly disrespectful of the victims of these regimes.

There is no comparison to even think to compare to our "problems" when we can't make our jacked up dodge ram payments or need to sell one of our sleds.

Unbelievable snowflakes and cry babies on here. Tears must be streaming down your face, poor guys.

Mobilize, vote, make your voice heard or move to some other country where the streets are paved with gold. C'ya
well said!!!! thanks.

Old 03-01-2020, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Yes. A “bad” day/month/year in the Canada of today is arguably better than the “good” version in most other countries in the world. One of my sons served about 13 years in our military and saw many parts of the world. I recall him saying how good he felt every time he arrived back to Canada.
Old 03-01-2020, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
...the flag flies high and proud for all to see on my acreage...always has and always will.
That's why Alberta is getting screwed so hard.
So many people will be ok with absolutely anything.
They are so blinded by some warm fuzzy feeling they get about canada, that they can't look at our situation honestly.
Just put your head down and keep working harder for the benefit of the glorious nation of canada, comrade.
Old 03-01-2020, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Yes. A “bad” day/month/year in the Canada of today is arguably better than the “good” version in most other countries in the world. One of my sons served about 13 years in our military and saw many parts of the world. I recall him saying how good he felt every time he arrived back to Canada.
did 25yrs service and yes just like your son said sure is nice to get back on Canadian soil...most here have nothing to compare Canada to as they only ventured to all inclusive resorts but then again just go outside of these resorts next time and spend some time and see the behind the scenes living...

Old 03-01-2020, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
That's why Alberta is getting screwed so hard.
So many people will be ok with absolutely anything.
They are so blinded by some warm fuzzy feeling they get about canada, that they can't look at our situation honestly.
Just put your head down and keep working harder for the benefit of the glorious nation of canada, comrade.
wow...adjust your thermostat….your house is too hot....friend.

Old 03-01-2020, 12:19 PM

Quote:
I was never in the military, but I did work in the "seismic army". All over the planet. High arctic (within 200 miles of north magnetic so the surveyors said), Venezuela, Argentina, Philippines,Thailand, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Guinea, Peru, Costa Rica, Haiti, through the Panama Canal (got to look around for a couple days), about ten days in Singapore for some ship repairs, North sea off Norway and off the coast of Newfoundland when Hibernia was first being developed. Recently been traveling to Dominican, Cuba and lots to Mexico. Think I can honestly say I've seen a bit of the world. Many was the time I said people in Canada have no idea how good they have it. Two or three bathrooms, TV in every bedroom etc. For now that is still true. Things can change quite rapidly though and for better or worse that seems to be the case in Canada right now. I mentioned somewhere that Venezuela should be, is, one of the richest nations on the planet. Funny thing though, right now the people are going hungry and in need of almost any commodity you can think of. Thank you Hugo Chavez! Sure hope I never have to say thanks to the turd for doing the same thing to Canada!
Old 03-01-2020, 01:21 PM

I agree with many that our country is broken and needs some serious mending. Our governments are out of control, criminal and drunk on power and need to be accountable for their crimes. However have no illusions, this is the very best country in the world to live in and I am proud to be Canadian. I fly my country’s flag right side up out of respect to the many brave souls that fought and died for it and I would fight and die for it as well.