Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-29-2019, 03:23 AM

Default Ed's Heads Taxidermy - rescue bucks

I'm in the process of starting up a Taxidermy business and am mounting as many game heads as I can to gain as much experience as I can as quickly as possible.
I'm having no problem finding capes. My bottleneck is finding antlers. If anyone has a set of antlers they'd like put to good use I'd love to match them to a cape (not legal for me to buy them) I will mount him and send you lots of pictures. Cool thing is I get more experience and you get some new pictures of a deer you shot in the past.
I've mounted quit a few of these - I call them my rescue bucks. My last one was an 8 year old set of antlers mounted on a 4 year old cape.
The antlers were all but lost in a storage shed and the cape was on the verge being too freezer burnt to be saved - but here he is - my rescue buck #4.
My wife hates all things taxidermy and hunting but even she likes my rescue bucks - she recognizes that these capes and antlers were destined to be trash but now they will be admired for decades to come.What a crime it would have been for this rack and this cape to have been lost.

Now that I think of it I'll make my very first business plug - if anyone has a set of antlers and would like me to match them to a cape and rescue your buck I have absolutely no backlog so can turn him around very quickly. Also since I'm just getting off the ground I will charge a very fair price.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2750.jpg (34.9 KB, 1353 views)