Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-23-2007, 05:03 PM
Jamie Hunt

Default Re: Whoa bullocks, whoa.

Its the owners who will hit Ken. This team is perhaps a one or a 2 hit wonder. We have a small window here and they need to take advantage of it.

Jamie
Old 02-23-2007, 05:09 PM
Rackmastr

That was some great hockey fighting.....lol should make for a good game Saturday.

Ray Emery was funny as hell....first game back and he gets to fight....he used to be KNOWN for fighting in the minors...hah.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:46 PM
Okotokian

Fighting goalies P me off. Like fighting kickers in football. If you expect more protection than the average player from the physical game because of your role, you can't just rough other people up when you feel like it. I'd LOVE to see some forward just LEVEL an opposing goalie who is out of the crease trying to handle the puck, but that isn't going to happen with todays rules and retribution, so that goalie can't expect to retaliate against anyone who brushes him.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:31 PM
Jamie Hunt

Oko. it was Goalie on Goalie. Till that guy decided he wanted a piece of him.

besides Goalies get run more today than they ever did before.

Jamie
Old 02-23-2007, 09:31 PM
perchfisher90

ANOTHER GREAT WIN BY THE OIL!!!!!!!! We move 5 points within Calgary!! LMAO!!! Who called it saying they would be on a winning streak? *quite voice echoed from the depths* perccccchy did....whoa, did anyone hear that voice? I believe it was my name jks:rollin

Seriously tho, Roli was again fantastic! All the goals that got in were not his fault, and he could do nothing about it. Stopped everything on the shootout! We snapped the 13 game home winning streak of the best team in the west!!! On a rolllll!! As for calgary, and especially kipper...:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin Road to the cup boys, the shames fans will be sportin the oiler signatures very soon
Old 02-24-2007, 01:24 AM
Tree Guy

Hey Pearch, I just took notice of your graphic at the bottem of your posts, that is truely hilarious (plus, I live in Calgary). I get a feeling that our boys are playing for their lives. Everyone sees a big trade coming this week. What worries me as an Oilers fan, though, is Lowe's ability as a GM. Lupold for pronger? Bergeron (I'm glad he's gone) for a guy playing in Russia. Something's not right.
Old 02-24-2007, 01:37 AM
Davey Crocket

Looked like even though Emery was tired.. he was grinnin away and landed 1 more battle... ah.... the good ol' days.....
Old 02-24-2007, 02:39 PM
kanonfodder

Quote:
In other news, happiness is knowing the greasers have a long way to catch up
I love throwing this in everytime I post, 5 points back optimistic we will get in the dance but still think it will be at Minny's expense......great article in the Herald about the Oilers sneaking up on the Shames. I can just imagine the cries of anguish........ GO SHARKS TONITE........lol:rollin
Old 02-24-2007, 03:02 PM
Jamie Hunt

Quote:
I can just imagine the cries of anguish
You dont have to imagine.. I do that every time they go on the road.

Jamie
Old 02-25-2007, 02:52 AM
BrownBear416

Default WOOOHOOOO

Wow that was a great game,but very stressful at times.

4 point night for iggy....lets keep it going.:eek
Old 02-25-2007, 10:31 AM
Tucumseh

Default Re: WOOOHOOOO

Quote:
We move 5 points within Calgary!! LMAO!!!
Hey Perchy, make that 7.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:54 AM
Jamie Hunt

We needed that win.
We only have 6 games left in the season against teams that are ahead of us in the standings. This was a important win if we want to crawl out of 7 or 8th place.

It's going to be interesting.
Jamie
Old 02-25-2007, 06:59 PM
Jamie Hunt

Sooooo
With the oilers loss today, is Smith going to be traded tomorow? I wonder if Calgary should pick him up???????? (Kinda a joke)

Jamie

BTW perch what happened to that so called "roll" you were on? Crunch time came and the 2 points got away.

Now this is just what I heard today..
The old sign used to say
"YOUR IN OIL COUNTRY"
The new sign says
"YOUR IN NEXT YEAR COUNTRY"

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

BTW Perchy I said this back on Jan 22, 2007
Quote:
I am going to call it right here. Oilers do not make the playoffs.
Enjoy the offseason. Still plenty of T-Times left for you guys

Jamie
Old 02-25-2007, 08:18 PM
kanonfodder

LOL James you guys have to go on the road, you play the Wild I believe 4 times we play them 3 or 4 more times, I said it earlier that the Wild will be the key. Wouldn't it be sweet if we make it in because the Flames beat the Wild......how would you live with yourselves then? I think this loss hurt but it's not fatal....BTW Smith is the captain and a D-man, Smyth is the assistant and a foreward........He'll be signed then we will have 2 days of MESSAPALOOZA, then we run for the playoffs, GO OIL
Old 02-25-2007, 08:30 PM
Jamie Hunt

Kanon, I also heard we are planning on just forfeiting the rest of our road games. Might as well it’s a waste of time and energy.
:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin
My bad about the spelling of his name.
I still think he would look better in Red. Not sure what to do about that haircut though.

Jamie
Old 02-25-2007, 10:59 PM
Tree Guy

I turned on the TV this morning and they were playing 'vintage' hockey games. It was game four in 89-90 between the Oilers and Bruins. It was the last game Gretzky ever played for them. It was great to watch! I think the part that amazed me the most is how far the game has tightened up in terms of refereeing, and how much the goaltenders have improved. Either way it was kind of neat to watch all of the boys hoist the cup again! I think I even (sniff) got a little lump in my throat! lol
Old 02-26-2007, 02:15 AM
perchfisher90

Default Jamie...

Ahhh Jamie...how interesting it is that u said those hatefull things about the oilers AFTER the game..u wouldn't dare to say it before:rollin As for us on a roll..we still are! Cant win every single one. But we played great this game, so even tho we didn't get the W, we are still playing great...including roli...2 of the goals last night he could do nothing about, and one was an empty netter. Hey jamie...just a quick question for you...I hear Smyth and Iginla are buddies...smyth was wondering which golf course he could send iginlas 'sorry to hear what happend' post card? :rollin :rollin :rollin
Old 02-26-2007, 11:11 AM
Jamie Hunt

Default Re: Jamie...

Quote:
I also kind of think Playfair might be the issue. Could we see Sutter back behind the bench?
Wow did I call that one or what? This AM the Calgary Sun had a article on just the same question. Sutter wouldn’t comment.
I don’t know if this is the right move, but I know things must get better. We aren’t looking to just make the playoffs. We are looking at a serious run. Perhaps things need to change?
I don’t think Playfair is a bad coach, I just wonder if he is the RIGHT coach for this team. But then what the heck do I know..
Jamie

BTW Perchy save your breath. It's all over but the crying. Feel free to jump aboard the Flames bandwagon.(If we can ever figgure out how to get it going on the road)
Old 02-26-2007, 12:24 PM
Okotokian

Default Re: Jamie...

Quote:
Feel free to jump aboard the Flames bandwagon.(If we can ever figgure out how to get it going on the road)
It's parked outside the Saddledome, and someone lost the keys, so it can't move :b
Old 02-26-2007, 05:23 PM
BrownBear416

Default New Coach..

Hey Jamie what would you think of Pat Quinn behind the bench...i think he might be a good fit.We need someone more aggressive.8)
Old 02-26-2007, 07:23 PM
Jamie Hunt

Default Re: New Coach..

Well Pat would be aggresive. I think for this year IF they make a change it will be Sutter.

Is SMYTH still in Edmonton? I havent watched TV today.
Calgary wins tonight that puts Ed 9 points out of a playoff spot. He would look SO GOOD in red. That and it would drive those people from the north CRAZY. If you want a real good laugh go check out the Oilers webite and go to the chat board. I was killing myself laughing at the comments. They were actually praying for calgary to lose the other night.
VERY, VERY funny stuff. Also read the thread on our recent trades, some of them think Calgary traded just so Ed couldnt get those players.

Jamie
BTW this was posted on that site today. Remember I didnt write it and it came from the reliable world of the net

"Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:15 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well everyone take this for what its worth,i dont feel like gettinf flamed. i go to school with little prendergast, and he just texted me saying "we might have lost smyth".

I say "are you sure... whats up"

he says " Dunno, he wants 29 million, we offered 26 million. he said no to the offer"

Thoughts??
Old 02-26-2007, 09:38 PM
Charmax

Default Re: New Coach..

>: >: >: >:
Quote:
Hey Jamie what would you think of Pat Quinn behind the bench...i think he might be a good fit.
>: >: >: >:

>: God I hope not.>: I hope he says away from Ablerta. I can't stand him, that was one of the reason's why I hate the Leafs. He just seems like a weasel. I HATE weasels. Great for shooting thou.LOL
Old 02-26-2007, 11:39 PM
Charmax

Default Re: Smyth

I here you on this Jamie, but its to early to tell HOPEFULLY we find our road wins.
I wonder what Sutter is going to do tommorow if he is going to do anything big. Hopefully he gets someone that likes to score and put out on the road.
Can you believe Zyuzin got his first goal tonight.WOW.
It was good to see Primeau On fire tonight with help from Amonte.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:40 PM
BrownBear416

Default Yesss.

Well great win tonight and it is good to see noodle do
well when he is called upon

Trade day tommorow....I am excited...kinda feels like Christmas....:lol :lol

I think the Oiler's will be selling the Farm and i think Sutter will make a splash..just wait and see.

As much as I don't like Amonte he has played great the last four games since he was benched.

I don't know the stats for the Coiler's on who can and can't be traded so if i am wrong then yell at me....i think Lupul,Torres and or Jason Smith could be traded or at least they would be my picks.

9 points back ((((hehehe)))) I hope The Coyote's bring it tommorow night.:rollin :rollin
Old 02-26-2007, 11:52 PM
Tree Guy

The hard fact that scares the s%^t out of me is that he is by far the best player in the NHL in front of the net! You have to believe that he could be the final piece in the puzzle for any team looking for a cup run, and after all these years maybe Ryan wants a cup too, especially after coming close enough to taste it last year. You have to think that there have been some very tasty offers dangled in front of Lowe. The worst part is that I don't trust Lowe to make the right choice. Leupole for pronger?
Old 02-26-2007, 11:56 PM
kanonfodder

Default Re: Yesss.

Lupul aint going anywhere too young with too much upside, Jason may go to a contender needing a steady defensive dman, still think Smytty is gonzo,Torres I wouldn't care as long as we get something good in return......Sutter I believe is done trading for the year. You best figure out how to win on the road quick or you may end up in ninth or at best out in the first round.......hmmm if my Oil miss the playoffs as did my Esks and the Stamps Choked in the first round wonder what the Lamers will do........
Old 02-26-2007, 11:57 PM
Baulde

Default Flames Banner

Well, since you will be a flames fan for a year.... you might want to start worrying about that

Old 02-27-2007, 12:18 AM
Jamie Hunt

Tree. I think hell would have to freeze over in order to have Edmonton trade Smyth down this way. To bad!

Anyways, another good win by the Flames. That puts us up 9 points on makeing the playoffs. I think its safe to say we have made it now.
I guess all thats left is climbing the ladder to see who we play. Not sure yet who I want in the first round. I would like to stay away from Nash, Ducks and perhaps Van. I think we can take the rest.

Jamie
Old 02-27-2007, 12:23 AM
Tree Guy

Jamie, if I am not correct, I believe that in almost the 30 year history of the Flames and Oilers there has NEVER been a trade made! Flames will make it, and I think the our Oilers fate rest upon the last 4 games against stupid minasoda. lol
Old 02-27-2007, 12:26 AM
kanonfodder

Jamie I have a gut feeling ol Smitty will go to a contender then with a nod and a wink re-sign with the Oil in the summer. Rent a player as it were, I see Big George going from Phoneix to Pitt and th eOil will dump Sykora and some others to contenders...guess we shall see tues.....