Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-17-2012, 07:03 PM

Default Zombify your Family!!

This one is for all the Walking Dead and Zombie fans that I know lurk here. My oldest daughter has been working at a local photo studio/camera store, and spending quite a bit of time restoring old photos and editing with photo shop. I suggested she could take one of our family pictures and Zombify the family with photoshop, as a lark. She has some good ideas and talent for the task, and she is going to do it. I suggested that she could probably find some parties who might be interested in having their family (or individual) portraits done as well, and use it as a project to help pay for a new iMac and Photoshop that she wants to get for herself. She has plans on going into professional photography, and buying a camera as well, and this seemed like a fun place to start.

She estimates that it will take about 8 hours to completely do a family portrait, and when she is done ours I will post results here. Basically just wondering if anyone would be interested in having that done? She would charge $120 to take your portrait of 4 people (each additonal person is $20), and Zombify it, and you would get an e-file back. If you would like a professionally printed 11x14" portrait printed and mailed, it would be an additional $60 (studio quality prints we are talking, not Costco). For just an individual Zombie portrait, $75 would cover her time. She can customize the gore to some extent, if you have special requests......

Anyone interested in this? If so, I've told here I would front her the computer and software to get her started.......

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 10-17-2012, 09:03 PM

We would be if lived closer. I bet she would do well by advertising on a local GP sales and service board if you got one, Facebook etc. Zombies and TWD quite popular these days.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:36 PM

If she's using her own money which is what she should be doing she could save a lot by getting the camera from the states if you are going there sometime.

I got a manufactured referbished Nikon 14 mp 1080 p video , with warranty in canada for under $150. It appeared brand new to me, no scratches at all, went online and googled the same camera and it was cheaper at another online store, the guy glanced at it and price matched it. He threw in a case aswell.

Just a thought to save her some money.

Also very interested to see how the picture comes out!!! Gotta love zombies.