Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 04-18-2009, 09:57 PM
redgreen

Default Redgreen's Presidents Meeting "Report"

We had a great Presidents meeting today and it was much more productive than I would have anticipated. ALL questions posed were answered to the best of the ability of the ATA Executive with the present information and none were ignored. There are still details to work through such as timing for the building and verbage etc. in the MOU but here it is in a nutshell:

We will have a new building when the timing and finances are aligned.

We will have an MOU subject to final negotiations between the ATA and ASRD.
Initiating the MOU will not be an easy task. This is a huge challenge and a big step for our Organization, but it being initiated is reality.

We have to improve our percentage of voting trappers and I can assure you proxy voting will not happen, but a good turnout in person plus suggestions of a mailout ballot could be considered.

So here is my message. It most certainly is imperative that we are one voice in the trapping industry. This "Princess" is willing to suck it up, move forward
and assist as I can in a positive way. I learned alot today as well as my collegue from our Local. Regardless of what some may or may not agree with, we must give this our best effort.

Like Forest Gump said.."and that's all I have to say about that".
Old 04-19-2009, 04:23 PM

Thanks Redgreen
We really need to pull together as we are at a critical stage in the trapping history in Alberta. Any and all constructive ideas are welcome. I am looking forward to a great convention. Hope it is bigger and better than last year. Got to go get a few beaver. Hope to break my record from last year. I'll let you know at the convention how many I got. Keep your powder dry.