Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 04-19-2020, 07:47 AM

Default Pulling out the air guns

With all the range closures going on right now who all has been pulling out their airguns and getting some trigger time in. I don’t own a rifle anymore and really don’t have a clue whatever happened to the ones I owned as a kid , parents probably gave it away. Will be watching the rifle thread to see what’s out their for my boys but for now I have three awesome pistols that I like to use all in 22.cal.
The most powerful of the bunch is the 1322 and the other two are very similar . I have a nice target I set-up in my garage but it’s not to much of a challenge in there cause it’s not to big, maybe 20ft of shooting distance . Let’s see what you guys are using.

Crosman 1322 pump
Diana chaser 22 co2
Crosman 2240 co2

Some times you catch the Big fish, some times you get stuck in Chip
Old 04-19-2020, 09:22 AM

I shot my BB gun and air soft a bit. I looked at all the new options and decided The 22 is a lot more fun for us. The boy put three on a dime at 25y yesterday.
Old 04-19-2020, 12:55 PM

Default What are you Doing down there?

Did you get the Diana Chaser with the full Carbine Kit?
If so, it's one of the best bargains in the Air Gun Market.

The simple, but secure screw on stock, and longer barrel make for a great grouse/rabbit gun in the early fall. I find the longer barrel in the kit increases FPS and helps to quiet the gun down right at the 500FPS limit.

In the pistol configuration I enjoy the multi-shot magazine. It's plenty of challenge in my basement isolation range (-30ft)

Deadly accurate with Predator Polymag ammunition in warm temperatures..!
Old 04-19-2020, 01:01 PM

I’m currently playing with a PP700SA, just waiting on some new parts for it and soon will be shooting my tau 7.
Old 04-19-2020, 01:30 PM

Default PP700SA is a Tack Driver

If you can't be shooting the Tau 7, the PP700SA isn't a bad substitute Ronan.

I have been fighting the urge to order the new PP750SA.
I keep telling myself it doesn't offer much more than my Chaser Carbine (other than its all weather PCP power plant).

Seems a lot of folks are digging out their air guns as pellet/bb supplies are dwindling online. If it goes the way of toilet paper I'm going to be fine...
Old 04-19-2020, 01:49 PM

I ve been shooting my umarex Webley vi excellent fun
Old 04-19-2020, 01:51 PM

I really want an fx impact they look amazing watching the airarmshintingsa YouTube channel they pull off crazy shots you wouldn't think we’re possible with air rifles.

https://youtu.be/6EJDEAaLikc

I’ve got a tricked out cross man 2250 right now it shoots really well with all the mods I’ve done to it. I would like to get a nice stock for it to make it a bit nicer to shoot.
Old 04-19-2020, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeadowMark View Post
Did you get the Diana Chaser with the full Carbine Kit?
If so, it's one of the best bargains in the Air Gun Market.

The simple, but secure screw on stock, and longer barrel make for a great grouse/rabbit gun in the early fall. I find the longer barrel in the kit increases FPS and helps to quiet the gun down right at the 500FPS limit.

In the pistol configuration I enjoy the multi-shot magazine. It's plenty of challenge in my basement isolation range (-30ft)

Deadly accurate with Predator Polymag ammunition in warm temperatures..!
No I just ordered the pistol and some clips but for the couple extra bucks I kinda wish I did by the kit. I’ll have to see how much the extra parts would cost me to get if I even can. I made my own carbon fiber front sight with some really thin bow sights and that was a pretty big improvement .

Old 04-19-2020, 04:13 PM
Banned

We’ve pulled out the airguns as well.
When my kids were younger (10 years ago or so) we were in our basement range at least a couple times a week.
We had replicas like these https://dlairgun.com/collections/col...-1911-a1-black
Competition https://dlairgun.com/collections/tau...=6853763760188
But the most fun is https://dlairgun.com/collections/uma...ts/steel-storm it isn’t terribly accurate but on full auto it fires 6 round bursts in about .25 sec. it literally shreds your target 🤣
Pulled them out about 2 weeks ago (after about 4 years).... forgot what a blast they can be.
Old 04-19-2020, 04:14 PM

Quote:
If you can't be shooting the Tau 7, the PP700SA isn't a bad substitute Ronan.

I have been fighting the urge to order the new PP750SA.
I keep telling myself it doesn't offer much more than my Chaser Carbine (other than its all weather PCP power plant).

Seems a lot of folks are digging out their air guns as pellet/bb supplies are dwindling online. If it goes the way of toilet paper I'm going to be fine...
I messed up the Pp700sa’s regulator and am now waiting on a huma replacement as well as a couple of other parts. I was thinking on the 750 but it was going to be a wait before covid hit. I shoot my airguns in winter so pcp makes the difference for me. My tau 7 has been sitting for years before I managed to track down replacement seals and now I also set up a small back stop in the basement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubious View Post
I really want an fx impact they look amazing watching the airarmshintingsa YouTube channel they pull off crazy shots you wouldn't think we’re possible with air rifles.

https://youtu.be/6EJDEAaLikc

I’ve got a tricked out cross man 2250 right now it shoots really well with all the mods I’ve done to it. I would like to get a nice stock for it to make it a bit nicer to shoot.
There’s guys in the states with heavily modified condors accurately shooting at a mile
Old 04-19-2020, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishHunterPro View Post
No I just ordered the pistol and some clips but for the couple extra bucks I kinda wish I did by the kit. I’ll have to see how much the extra parts would cost me to get if I even can. I made my own carbon fiber front sight with some really thin bow sights and that was a pretty big improvement .
The stock and long barrel can be ordered online for around $25 each, still a good value. I got a compact 3x Red Dot Scope for the Long Barrel Configuration. Plenty good for fast target acquisition under 30 yards.
Old 04-19-2020, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronan_357 View Post
I messed up the Pp700sa’s regulator and am now waiting on a huma replacement as well as a couple of other parts
I won't ask you how you did that...
Quote:
There’s guys in the states with heavily modified condors accurately shooting at a mile
As mentioned in the rifle thread; these things aren't toys..!
Old 04-19-2020, 08:38 PM

Quote:
I won't ask you how you did that... As mentioned in the rifle thread; these things aren't toys..!
I just followed some instructions from the net

They may not be toys but they sure are fun to play with. I’m looking forward to some range time, I’ve got some slugs and new pellets to try in my 22 and 25 out to 100m
Old 04-19-2020, 10:55 PM

Couple days back I pulled out the Air Rifles.

Benjamin NP XL 1100 .22cal
Winchester 850XS .22cal
And the Ruger Air Hawk Elite .177cal

Not too far targets between 20 and 24 feet, but gets trigger time in and breathing control.

Missing in the photo is the Ruger.

V
Attached Images
File Type: jpg received_1548602005303450.jpg (14.6 KB, 33 views)
Old 04-20-2020, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronan_357 View Post
I’m currently playing with a PP700SA, just waiting on some new parts for it and soon will be shooting my tau 7.
Those pcp air guns are something I’ve never really considered, I’m going to have to YouTube them and see what their all about. That PP700sa looks pretty nice

Old 04-22-2020, 08:32 AM

The boy and I pulled out the air guns a while ago. I like the 2240 but the stock sights are terrible and my eyes can't even see that black front post... and it was pretty annoying to have to aim 3" low and 1" to the left. So we did a couple of upgrades. Steel breech kit, fiber optic front sight and a decent adjustable rear sight. It made a huge difference. You can actually aim at the center of the target now. The steel breech kit adds quite a bit of mass which is nice and really holds the barrel a lot better. Pretty happy with the thing now. Just need some better grips...

Old 04-22-2020, 09:42 AM
Banned

Same, i have a webley alecto pistol (rebranded zoraki hp01).

It's a pistol, multi-stroke pneumatic, super accurate and very powerful. Reasonably compact also. I was an air pistol nut for a long time, had the built 2240's, benjamins, weihrauch hw45's etc. But the buck for me as a pester with power has stopped with this webley alecto pistol.

Believe you buy as a .22 cal and the normal model is recommended 3 strokes, i think it gets to mid 400's fps on 3. They have a 'magnum' model in international markets where a longer barrel sticks out the front that says 4 strokes allowed but it puts the .177 cal version about 700 fps so you won't see those for sale here, it even puts the .22 cal over the line also.

However, there is no difference between the models, the internals are identical, take that however you like. There is a bleed screw you can tighten to regulate the pressure/velocity which will likely come set to relieve pressure for our market, it does seal completely if you tighten it down so you can get max poke out of the .22 and still be under the line.

And you can order the .177 cal barrel at the same time, but you'd have to run the heavy 10.5 gr type pellets to stay under the line on 3 strokes. In other words...this thing has power.

Anywhoo, i was pounding gophers with a red dot on mine and kept up with the kids just fine, they were shooting air rifles weihrauch hw30s with scopes. For a pistol, it stones things as good as any i've had or tried in past 25 years.

Last edited by Stinky Coyote; 04-22-2020 at 09:50 AM.
Old 04-22-2020, 09:53 AM

I see Princess Auto has CO2 powered Ruger 10/22 clones on sale for 200.

Grizz
Old 04-22-2020, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishHunterPro View Post
Those pcp air guns are something I’ve never really considered, I’m going to have to YouTube them and see what their all about. That PP700sa looks pretty nice
If you’re looking at the Pp700sa, look at the pp750.
For the price the Pp700sa is a good deal, built in regulator, adjustable hammer and trigger and is fairly accurate. With a 65 cc tank it’s very hand pump friendly and once I get my replacement regulator I should get around 80 shots at sub 500 fps.
Old 04-22-2020, 03:59 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Thumbs up an american classic

Had her out today....after all packed up and quading home I watched a grouse strut his stuff...fall time buddy.....

IMG_3288.JPG

10 yards deadly .177....small game only

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 04-22-2020, 11:06 PM

Just traded a classical guitar for a ruger air hawk. Now I can set up a little range in the basement while the ranges are closed, came with a scope but I think I’ll stick to the iron-sights as I don’t have a bowling alley for a down there. Hopefully the weight of the thing will mean I don’t have to learn the artillery grip
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 09987C4A-7063-4016-84F0-56E73DE85E95.jpg (24.3 KB, 23 views)