Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-04-2020, 12:05 AM

Default George Floyd’s arrest

The body cam footage of the George Floyd arrest leaked video. Seems to me he would have been alive today if he just did as he was asked. A lot of Americans would be alive today if he had just cooperated https://anthonyblogan.com/george-flo...-leaked-video/
Old 08-04-2020, 01:18 AM

Cops doing a tough job in a tough neighbourhood, Floyd acting very ‘twiggy’ as well. Still didn’t need to die with a cops knee on his neck. Period.
Old 08-04-2020, 06:02 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Everything went south in this....hopefully now we will have better results with people in general....remember all lives matter and equality for all but we bark the guberment has to listen as they I,present systems that creat racism or support that sick culture....equality for all....wake up, go to work, contribute to society and have the same opportunities as others....no race, Color or religion plays a factor I to it...if we are going to erase the slate and start fresh then let's do it right but I got a feeling this too will be screwed up...

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 08-04-2020, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Everything went south in this....hopefully now we will have better results with people in general....remember all lives matter and equality for all but we bark the guberment has to listen as they I,present systems that creat racism or support that sick culture....equality for all....wake up, go to work, contribute to society and have the same opportunities as others....no race, Color or religion plays a factor I to it...if we are going to erase the slate and start fresh then let's do it right but I got a feeling this too will be screwed up...
Yes it will be screwed up, because that’s not what this is about at all. Loud voices often give cover to the truth. Note who is saying nothing.

Osky
Old 08-04-2020, 08:15 AM

Somebody will probably take this the wrong way and I hope they dont. When my daughter shot her first deer I told her to pose with it so I could take her picture. My daughter who has grown up working with cows got on the deer like they did George Floyd. With baby calves you have to tag,needle ,spray belly buttons and band. 1 to 3 day old calves are pretty strong. You use your body weight to pin them with one knee on their neck. If you let off just a little bit it makes a big difference and you will go flying.
That George guy was huge. To me he was acting crazy? Drugs??
I'm thinking if I was on the jury I would not convict. They will go crazy down there rioting if the police are not sent to jail. I wouldnt want to be a police officer down there.
What say you?
Old 08-04-2020, 08:24 AM

There's a video out there of Floyd on Judge Judy, supposedly been debunked, but entertaining.

Grizz
Old 08-04-2020, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W921 View Post
Somebody will probably take this the wrong way and I hope they dont. When my daughter shot her first deer I told her to pose with it so I could take her picture. My daughter who has grown up working with cows got on the deer like they did George Floyd. With baby calves you have to tag,needle ,spray belly buttons and band. 1 to 3 day old calves are pretty strong. You use your body weight to pin them with one knee on their neck. If you let off just a little bit it makes a big difference and you will go flying.
That George guy was huge. To me he was acting crazy? Drugs??
I'm thinking if I was on the jury I would not convict. They will go crazy down there rioting if the police are not sent to jail. I wouldnt want to be a police officer down there.
What say you?
I think there is a certain element of society there that is looking for any excuse to protest / riot / loot. Mob mentality. Race just happens to be the catalyst that got things started, This time.
Old 08-04-2020, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attilathecanuk View Post
Still didn’t need to die with a cops knee on his neck. Period.
If my mom had this POS do his little home invasion & then pistol whipped,
for me, it's karmic payback = Good riddance from the Earth !!

Last edited by tri777; 08-04-2020 at 09:53 AM.
Old 08-04-2020, 11:54 AM

I am siding with the cops on this one. It’s a common theme that if you act goofy when the cops are giving orders, it’s gonna go bad. Maybe people need to learn that.

If a jury convicts these cops for the reason of not causing riots, why even have a justice system?
Old 08-04-2020, 12:03 PM
Banned

I don’t know, he was in cuffs and really not that much of a danger to society. In my opinion the drunken Kung fu chief was way more out of control and lived to tell his bs story about it. On the same note, I saw nothing racist in what the police did in the body cam footage either.
Old 08-04-2020, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
I think there is a certain element of society there that is looking for any excuse to protest / riot / loot. Mob mentality. Race just happens to be the catalyst that got things started, This time.
No, there's Billionaires who aren't happy about who's in government and are using Non Profits to sway public opinion. Don't believe me look at who runs the Open Society Foundations and how much they give to BLM. BLM is as much a political organization as an awareness one.
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill
Old 08-10-2020, 04:47 PM

Longer 30min vid now released,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkEGGLu_fNU
Old 08-10-2020, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
I don’t know, he was in cuffs and really not that much of a danger to society. In my opinion the drunken Kung fu chief was way more out of control and lived to tell his bs story about it. On the same note, I saw nothing racist in what the police did in the body cam footage either.
Yeah, that's hardly compelling evidence.

Usually resisting arrest where those actions lead to an officer discharging a firearm to stop the assailant from injuring the police look much differently.

They didn't even pepper spray or taze him or even strike him once - is that the type of resisting that warrants deadly force?

Sure he's was being uncooperative and twitchy, but he presents no significant danger to the police at any time here - otherwise the police would have taken action at that time and probably taken action at that moment wouldn't they?

The issue occurs after he's down and he was already in cuffs, on his face, and not struggling at all. Long minutes passed while the cop knelt on his neck and killed him.

This video will prove NOTHING to the people who will see this for what it was.

Which is what was described.

You can try and package this one hundred ways to show how Floyd "deserved it" and how the cops were "justified in self defense to take lethal action" - but that's not going to fly here with the vast majority of people.

Sorry.
Old 08-10-2020, 07:16 PM

We never punched or kicked a downed opponent...................( which George Floyd was) much less knelt on their neck while hog-tied for 8 minutes until they could no longer complain about being out of breath, mind-boggling how anyone justifies the cop's actions.
Old 08-10-2020, 07:26 PM

So his knee is on the back of his neck holding him down. I think the appearance here is totally misconstrued. George was obviously having problems breathing due to an OD. Has anyone read the transcripts? This was not a killing by the cops, they did their job arresting a convicted felon that was passing counterfeit money who resisted arrest. But whatever people will use it to divide their nation even more. Out!
Old 08-10-2020, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
The body cam footage of the George Floyd arrest leaked video. Seems to me he would have been alive today if he just did as he was asked. A lot of Americans would be alive today if he had just cooperated https://anthonyblogan.com/george-flo...-leaked-video/
Oh right! "Do as you're told by the authorities". Everybody here is so supportive of that.

Marshall McLuhan
Old 08-10-2020, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhunter View Post
So his knee is on the back of his neck holding him down. I think the appearance here is totally misconstrued. George was obviously having problems breathing due to an OD. Has anyone read the transcripts? This was not a killing by the cops, they did their job arresting a convicted felon that was passing counterfeit money who resisted arrest. But whatever people will use it to divide their nation even more. Out!
So maybe they should have got off his neck and called him an ambulance.

Dividing a nation - yup - that's exactly what racist cops are doing.
Old 08-10-2020, 09:46 PM

Should of just got him down cuffed his ass and thrown him into the back of the Police suv. Not sure it would of mattered media was begging for a fire starter story.
Old 08-10-2020, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post

It was divided long before Floyd died. All it did was ignite the flames. And a few thousand dead beat criminals and violent liberals.
Old 08-10-2020, 11:35 PM

Quote:

I'm sorry, but did I miss a critical part in the investigation where we were all told Floyd's death was brought on by racism?
I thought no one knew for sure yet what the officer was thinking while he kept him pinned?
Silly me.
Old 08-11-2020, 01:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBintheNorth View Post
I'm sorry, but did I miss a critical part in the investigation where we were all told Floyd's death was brought on by racism?
I thought no one knew for sure yet what the officer was thinking while he kept him pinned?
Silly me.
You didn’t miss anything. EZM loves the racism card, surprised he didn’t blame Trump for Floyd’s death... Wait for it, it’s coming...
Old 08-11-2020, 06:35 AM

Quote:

M..
Maybe the guy should have done what the officers said and gotten in the squad car? There is Floyd’s girlfriend in the background telling him to do the same.
The three other policemen there were minorities as well. I heard absolutely no racial references in the tape?
Kneeling on the guy, bad deal for sure but to jump to murder driven by racism? Judge, jury , and executioner before the trial?
I think the toxicology report will play a very big part in this as well as the full blown murder charge brought by the Atty general.
Atty general who himself has dodged charges on three separate assaults on white women he was dating. 2 incidents with witnesses.
This whole thing is a royal mess.

Osky
Old 08-11-2020, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osky View Post
M..
Maybe the guy should have done what the officers said and gotten in the squad car? There is Floyd’s girlfriend in the background telling him to do the same.
The three other policemen there were minorities as well. I heard absolutely no racial references in the tape?
Kneeling on the guy, bad deal for sure but to jump to murder driven by racism? Judge, jury , and executioner before the trial?
I think the toxicology report will play a very big part in this as well as the full blown murder charge brought by the Atty general.
Atty general who himself has dodged charges on three separate assaults on white women he was dating. 2 incidents with witnesses.
This whole thing is a royal mess.

Osky
Correct. And...the white cop doing the kneeling was married to an Asian lady. The cop might have been an a-hole. He probably is one. But the angle that's been spun since the beginning of this story, that they killed this guy because he's black, is ridiculous.
Old 08-11-2020, 07:13 AM

I have said this before, and will say it again. These officers will NOT be convicted as charged.

You think things are bad now? Stay tuned for the fireworks after the verdicts.
Old 08-11-2020, 07:28 AM

Yes they had reason to take him down but at the end when the bystanders are saying hes in trouble why couldnt the cop let off a bit so floyd could survive i think he got carried away and didnt want to permit floyd any action including speaking.
Old 08-11-2020, 11:10 AM

Lot you guys seem to want and try and call me out when, if fact, "Y'all" are just looking for an excuse to justify this cops actions. He murdered Floyd - there was no reason to keep kneeling on his neck - get over it.

I can assure you all - I am not a liberal, nor a bleeding heart.

READ MY PREVIOUS POSTS on DIFFERENT INCIDENTS .......

I do not make excuses or condone people like the KungFu Chief who got his well deserved beat down.

Or that other guy who was wrestling with the cops, took a tazer and was shot dead - that was his own actions that lead to that.

Go ahead - look at my posts.

I'm objective

I am not a bleeding heart liberal looking to "find" bigotry and racism in everything we do or say - but I'm calling it out when I see it. Period.

I am not blinded by bigotry.

ALL of these incidents are different and Floyd's situation was incomparable.

But if you are blinded ........ then you will try and demonize this guy and condone the actions of a murderer.

Dd that offend any of you? Want to guess why?

THIS IS NOT THE SAME. Get over it.
Old 08-11-2020, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBintheNorth View Post
Silly me.
Get a grip - systemic racism exists in the police force and some cops do racists things - and that creates this issue.

I wasn't commenting on this specific cop. And, it doesn't matter how you or I see it anyways, it's how the masses feel about it.

I am commenting on why society see it that way - go back and read my posts.
Old 08-11-2020, 12:13 PM

I’m not sure but can you actually stop someone from breathing with a knee on your neck? You’d have to push pretty hard wouldn’t ya. If that’s the case then yes the cop is at fault. No need to do that when a man is on his face and in cuffs.
Old 08-11-2020, 12:26 PM

Quote:

No that is what BLM is doing and doing a good job
Old 08-11-2020, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Get a grip - systemic racism exists in the police force and some cops do racists things - and that creates this issue.

I wasn't commenting on this specific cop. And, it doesn't matter how you or I see it anyways, it's how the masses feel about it.

I am commenting on why society see it that way - go back and read my posts.
You believe every division ('systemic' was your word) of the police force is racist and then tell me that I need to get a grip?
That's not very objective at all.

Society can see whatever distorted truth it wants. When we follow the masses we are just as guilty.

I for one cannot see how this turned into a racial issue at all.
A police officer killed a man during an arrest and charges were laid. That's all anyone knows and that's all that should be in the news.
Trying to sympathize or understand the masses for their blood-lust and desire for race-based rioting does nothing to help.