Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-03-2011, 03:41 PM
Banned

Default Dinli Quads - New Kids on the Block?

I went out to the lake last Friday and a buddy of mine was all excited to get me to show him some trails to get his brand new Dinli 800 quad dirty on. I'd never heard of them before so obviously there was a bit of checking out to do. I don't know anything about them but I'm thinking that it is European because it has signal lights, horn, license plate light, etc that you'd need to drive it on the roadway. My Brother in law is German and he owns a few driving schools which include atv's. He was telling me that you CANNOT drive quads in the fields or bush and you can only drive them on roadways.

This quad doesn't look like one of those cheap Japanese knock-offs and looks fairly well built. He said that he paid about $9K for the 800. Has anyone ever heard of them or own one? I'd have my concerns about buying one simply because it's not an established make in North America (that I'm aware of anyway) and maintenance/parts might be a problem. Your thoughts?
Old 08-03-2011, 04:03 PM

Not too sure about the Dinli but I own an Odes 400. Same basic design as the honda foreman 400.the only parts I required so far have been a plug and 2 oil filters which I got from honda! i have over 1200km's on mine a she purrs like my wife's rancher 350!Mine was built in china and some bad cheapo stuff does come from there but this one has held up and I know of 1 other that the only issue it had was it had a faulty battery which was replaced !
Old 08-03-2011, 04:35 PM

Quote:
This quad doesn't look like one of those cheap Japanese knock-offs
The cheap knock offs are usually made in China or Taiwan. It would cost too much to make them in Japan.

Dinli is made in Taiwan.

Quote:
Dinli Metal Industrial Co., Ltd. All right reserved. 118, Industrial 9th Rd, Tali, Taichung, Taiwan,