Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-04-2020, 12:05 AM

Default George Floyd’s arrest

The body cam footage of the George Floyd arrest leaked video. Seems to me he would have been alive today if he just did as he was asked. A lot of Americans would be alive today if he had just cooperated https://anthonyblogan.com/george-flo...-leaked-video/
Old 08-04-2020, 01:18 AM

Cops doing a tough job in a tough neighbourhood, Floyd acting very ‘twiggy’ as well. Still didn’t need to die with a cops knee on his neck. Period.
Old 08-04-2020, 06:02 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Everything went south in this....hopefully now we will have better results with people in general....remember all lives matter and equality for all but we bark the guberment has to listen as they I,present systems that creat racism or support that sick culture....equality for all....wake up, go to work, contribute to society and have the same opportunities as others....no race, Color or religion plays a factor I to it...if we are going to erase the slate and start fresh then let's do it right but I got a feeling this too will be screwed up...

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 08-04-2020, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Everything went south in this....hopefully now we will have better results with people in general....remember all lives matter and equality for all but we bark the guberment has to listen as they I,present systems that creat racism or support that sick culture....equality for all....wake up, go to work, contribute to society and have the same opportunities as others....no race, Color or religion plays a factor I to it...if we are going to erase the slate and start fresh then let's do it right but I got a feeling this too will be screwed up...
Yes it will be screwed up, because that’s not what this is about at all. Loud voices often give cover to the truth. Note who is saying nothing.

Osky
Old 08-04-2020, 08:15 AM

Somebody will probably take this the wrong way and I hope they dont. When my daughter shot her first deer I told her to pose with it so I could take her picture. My daughter who has grown up working with cows got on the deer like they did George Floyd. With baby calves you have to tag,needle ,spray belly buttons and band. 1 to 3 day old calves are pretty strong. You use your body weight to pin them with one knee on their neck. If you let off just a little bit it makes a big difference and you will go flying.
That George guy was huge. To me he was acting crazy? Drugs??
I'm thinking if I was on the jury I would not convict. They will go crazy down there rioting if the police are not sent to jail. I wouldnt want to be a police officer down there.
What say you?
Old 08-04-2020, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W921 View Post
Somebody will probably take this the wrong way and I hope they dont. When my daughter shot her first deer I told her to pose with it so I could take her picture. My daughter who has grown up working with cows got on the deer like they did George Floyd. With baby calves you have to tag,needle ,spray belly buttons and band. 1 to 3 day old calves are pretty strong. You use your body weight to pin them with one knee on their neck. If you let off just a little bit it makes a big difference and you will go flying.
That George guy was huge. To me he was acting crazy? Drugs??
I'm thinking if I was on the jury I would not convict. They will go crazy down there rioting if the police are not sent to jail. I wouldnt want to be a police officer down there.
What say you?
I think there is a certain element of society there that is looking for any excuse to protest / riot / loot. Mob mentality. Race just happens to be the catalyst that got things started, This time.
Old 08-04-2020, 08:24 AM

There's a video out there of Floyd on Judge Judy, supposedly been debunked, but entertaining.

Grizz
Old 08-04-2020, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attilathecanuk View Post
Still didn’t need to die with a cops knee on his neck. Period.
If my mom had this POS do his little home invasion & then pistol whipped,
for me, it's karmic payback = Good riddance from the Earth !!

Last edited by tri777; 08-04-2020 at 09:53 AM.
Old 08-04-2020, 11:54 AM

I am siding with the cops on this one. It’s a common theme that if you act goofy when the cops are giving orders, it’s gonna go bad. Maybe people need to learn that.

If a jury convicts these cops for the reason of not causing riots, why even have a justice system?
Old 08-04-2020, 12:03 PM
Banned

I don’t know, he was in cuffs and really not that much of a danger to society. In my opinion the drunken Kung fu chief was way more out of control and lived to tell his bs story about it. On the same note, I saw nothing racist in what the police did in the body cam footage either.
Old 08-10-2020, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
I don’t know, he was in cuffs and really not that much of a danger to society. In my opinion the drunken Kung fu chief was way more out of control and lived to tell his bs story about it. On the same note, I saw nothing racist in what the police did in the body cam footage either.
Yeah, that's hardly compelling evidence.

Usually resisting arrest where those actions lead to an officer discharging a firearm to stop the assailant from injuring the police look much differently.

They didn't even pepper spray or taze him or even strike him once - is that the type of resisting that warrants deadly force?

Sure he's was being uncooperative and twitchy, but he presents no significant danger to the police at any time here - otherwise the police would have taken action at that time and probably taken action at that moment wouldn't they?

The issue occurs after he's down and he was already in cuffs, on his face, and not struggling at all. Long minutes passed while the cop knelt on his neck and killed him.

This video will prove NOTHING to the people who will see this for what it was.

Which is what was described.

You can try and package this one hundred ways to show how Floyd "deserved it" and how the cops were "justified in self defense to take lethal action" - but that's not going to fly here with the vast majority of people.

Sorry.
Old 08-10-2020, 07:16 PM

We never punched or kicked a downed opponent...................( which George Floyd was) much less knelt on their neck while hog-tied for 8 minutes until they could no longer complain about being out of breath, mind-boggling how anyone justifies the cop's actions.
Old 08-10-2020, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
The body cam footage of the George Floyd arrest leaked video. Seems to me he would have been alive today if he just did as he was asked. A lot of Americans would be alive today if he had just cooperated https://anthonyblogan.com/george-flo...-leaked-video/
Oh right! "Do as you're told by the authorities". Everybody here is so supportive of that.

Marshall McLuhan
Old 08-11-2020, 06:18 PM

If BLM truly cared about black lives they would be teaching compliance and 90% of these cop shootings would stop.

But they just can't figure that out.

Just easier to blame someone else
Old 08-11-2020, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by does it ALL outdoors View Post
If BLM truly cared about black lives they would be teaching compliance and 90% of these cop shootings would stop.

BLM is operated by three women who are self proclaimed Marxists. Short and sweet of it is that according to fact-check.org 71% of the money donated to BLM goes to Salaries, benefits, and consulting fees..
Nice gig if you can get it. I guess somewhere in the last 29% is all the true care for black lives eh?

Osky
Old 08-12-2020, 06:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by does it ALL outdoors View Post

If BLM really cared about black lives they’d be teaching each other not to kill each other. They’re the leading cause of their own death.