Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-28-2009, 02:27 PM

Well its not going to happen in this life.....
Old 11-28-2009, 03:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanonfodder View Post
Well its not going to happen in this life.....
ah well, I guess thats good...will have no time to ice fish and hunt otherwise
Old 11-29-2009, 03:40 AM
Banned

This was posted on the Oilers web site in regards to this question

"Are the Oil worse than the leafs"

Who cares about this season?

Last Oilers cup - 1990
Last Oilers cup appearance - 2006

Last Leaf cup - 1967
Last Leaf cup appearance - 1967

Clearly we are not worst than the leafs.

It struck me as really funny. Talk about getting lost in the past.

Yet another beat down tonight. This must be driving Quinn NUTS.

Nice comeback for the Flames. What a heck of a road record so far this year.
9-1-3 Is very impressive. if they can bring that record back home, they would be well on top of the NHL.
Still lots of room for improvement. But if they could get it all together they would be one very scary team.

Jamie
Old 11-29-2009, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post

Last Oilers cup - 1990

Last Leaf cup - 1967

9-1-3 Is very impressive. if they can bring that record back home, they would be well on top of the NHL.
Still lots of room for improvement. But if they could get it all together they would be one very scary team.

Jamie
yeah, that seems about right for an oiler fans response. If there team sucks, all they can bring up is the '80s. The hockey news has the oilers ranked 30th. Which is about right for how they are playing right now. It looks like a totally different team than the one that started. They were very hard working and fast, now they are lazy and slow. Injuries do play in to it a bit though.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulecrazy View Post
If there team sucks, all they can bring up is the '80s.
Thats funny...cuz every time the debate comes up about Vancouver vs Calgary as to "the better" team...every Flame fan I know comes back with "oh yeah?....well we won a cup...how many have YOU won"?

Regardless....Vancouver was on fire last night. Sedin's got their magic back.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post

Last Oilers cup - 1990

Last Leaf cup - 1967

Jamie
Unlike the Flames we actually have a history to be proud of...of course the losses are driving Quinn nuts we have two AHL goalies, and 6 Ahl forwards why would that bother him lol
Old 11-29-2009, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Unlike the Flames we actually have a history to be proud of...of course the losses are driving Quinn nuts we have two AHL goalies, and 6 Ahl forwards why would that bother him lol
What a bunch of BULL, as an avid Flames fan since 1980 I can say that we have alot to be proud, it's the same old tired story that some Oiler fans trot out every year its all about history with you fellers never about the future and therein lies the problem with your squad, the FUTURE looks pretty bleak so lets talk about the history instead.... what a joke, it's no wonder Coil Town can't sign any signifcant players...
Old 11-29-2009, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpheasant View Post
What a bunch of BULL, as an avid Flames fan since 1980 I can say that we have alot to be proud, it's the same old tired story that some Oiler fans trot out every year its all about history with you fellers never about the future and therein lies the problem with your squad, the FUTURE looks pretty bleak so lets talk about the history instead.... what a joke, it's no wonder Coil Town can't sign any signifcant players...
Lots of rhetoric and wayyyy short on facts......how many cups have Iggy Frankengoof and Kipper brought home? C'mon BP Calgary will always be a poor relation when it comes to the NHL and CFL just get used to it
Old 11-29-2009, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Lots of rhetoric and wayyyy short on facts......how many cups have Iggy Frankengoof and Kipper brought home? C'mon BP Calgary will always be a poor relation when it comes to the NHL and CFL just get used to it
not taking the bait today to tired.....
Old 11-29-2009, 07:09 PM

Love 'em or Hate 'em......ya gotta envy a dressing room like this:

Canucks dressing room: Pics

Video
Old 11-29-2009, 07:12 PM

the Oilers are going to give the Flickers a cup so that they twice as many as them
Old 11-29-2009, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyflyfish View Post
the Oilers are going to give the Flickers a cup so that they twice as many as them
Hey Tony I hope your fly fishing skills are better than your failed attempt at comedy.....
Old 11-29-2009, 08:30 PM

i am a lousy fisherman but I do have pics of 5 cups
Old 11-29-2009, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyflyfish View Post
i am a lousy fisherman but I do have pics of 5 cups
Must be pretty old pictures eh, I'm surprised there still good.....
Old 11-29-2009, 08:51 PM

Whats Calgary won lately again? Oil have won a cup since Calgary won their ONE! And have returned to the big game since the Flamers so what exactly beside your teams constant inability to do anything that make you superior to the Oil?
Old 11-29-2009, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Whats Calgary won lately again? Oil have won a cup since Calgary won their ONE! And have returned to the big game since the Flamers so what exactly beside your teams constant inability to do anything that make you superior to the Oil?
we had 88 games to your 82 last year, and the year before, and the year before that. We did that and still under achieved.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:16 PM
Banned

Guys..Guys..Guys

Give Kanon a break. If you had constant losing seasons you also would be bitter.

Let him run up the old flag about things that happened last century.
(It`s all he has..Give the guy a break)

Kinda like that football star who made it big 20 some odd years ago. Now he just sits around a bar and speaks of the good old days. He sits there and nurses a warm bear, groans as he gets off his Bar stool and tells everyone who will listen (and some who don't know what he talking about) just how great things USED to be. We owe it to him as sports fans to listen about the the way things USED to be.

Go ahead Kanon.. I am listening. Tell me again how Gretzky was so good, How Pocklington screwed the city of Edmonton, tell me how they owned the battle of a Alberta for a few years. Please share how much it hurt when Steve Smith put the puck in his own net.

Go ahead kanon.. I am listening.

Jamie
Old 11-30-2009, 09:23 AM

The way I see it , is the Flame fans also are referring to the past; just that there memory is shorter. The biggest difference between the "good" oilers and the "good" flames is that when the oil were good they made the most of their talent , Cowgary has pizzed it away. If you want to gloat about your teams dominance over the oil while you win 0 cups go ahead, but that is all you can brag about. As was posted before, the oil have been to the finals the same amount of times as the flames this decade, and won a cup since the flames won theirs. If you really want to impress yourselves, try googling the playoff records of the oil and the flames, the oil could miss the playoffs for the next 20 years; at the rate the flames are putting up playoff wins, the oil would still have more playoff wins.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by droptine View Post
The way I see it , is the Flame fans also are referring to the past; just that there memory is shorter. The biggest difference between the "good" oilers and the "good" flames is that when the oil were good they made the most of their talent , Cowgary has pizzed it away. If you want to gloat about your teams dominance over the oil while you win 0 cups go ahead, but that is all you can brag about. As was posted before, the oil have been to the finals the same amount of times as the flames this decade, and won a cup since the flames won theirs. If you really want to impress yourselves, try googling the playoff records of the oil and the flames, the oil could miss the playoffs for the next 20 years; at the rate the flames are putting up playoff wins, the oil would still have more playoff wins.
Your wrong the Flames are better than the Oilers, na na na na na na...
Old 11-30-2009, 09:44 AM

Quote:
"TODAY" the Flames are Superior to the Coil in everyway, better team, better coaches, better building, better ownership and of course the BEST fans in hockey, nuff said.....
Old 11-30-2009, 02:03 PM

Man...it's like a playground full of 8 year olds...
Old 11-30-2009, 03:13 PM

The ONLY thing that matters is the CURRENT season!

YEAH BABY! You can put it it the WIN column!!!!
Old 11-30-2009, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpheasant View Post
"TODAY" the Flames are Superior to the Coil in everyway, better team, better coaches, better building, better ownership and of course the BEST fans in hockey, nuff said.....
Better team..ok right now. Better ownership how do you figure? Iv got 1 owner who is one of the wealthiest men in the world...not a group that needs to get along...better coaches bahahhahaha what 3 coaches in 5yrs and your building may be newer but major acts avoid it because it isn't a user friendly venue and as a result you have to head north to see any act worth seeing.....and BP you never have 'nuff said because your always losing the argument and James wasn't it you in another thread that was reminiscing about your memories of playing in that toilet of a football stadium?
Old 11-30-2009, 08:18 PM

Man the Flames are on a roll on the road this year 10-1, If they can play this road game style at home they should be able to rack up some good points....Go Flames Go....
Old 11-30-2009, 11:33 PM
Banned

My god, Yet ANOTHER impressive win by the Flames. Maybe we should ship some players to Edm to give the fans something to Cheer about lol Millions of $$ couldn't even keep Chris Prongers wife in edmonton Hahah
Old 12-01-2009, 01:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
James wasn't it you in another thread that was reminiscing about your memories of playing in that toilet of a football stadium?
Yes.. Thats why it was so easy to write that paragraph

Jamie
Old 12-01-2009, 11:43 AM

ok i have been watching this ballard clip a few dozen times..and it just amazes me...i know he is supposedly trying to break his stick on the goal pots...but i am not so sure..the angle of his head..imho...has him looking right at the goalie...so he may have though he was swinging for the post but really was aiming for his goalie.....either way it hink it is terrible...accident or subconciously on purpose it is disgusting...
Old 12-01-2009, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClash View Post
ok i have been watching this ballard clip a few dozen times..and it just amazes me...i know he is supposedly trying to break his stick on the goal pots...but i am not so sure..the angle of his head..imho...has him looking right at the goalie...so he may have though he was swinging for the post but really was aiming for his goalie.....either way it hink it is terrible...accident or subconciously on purpose it is disgusting...
I think it's totally accidental but I agree that it is hard to watch. Hopefully this will reduce some of that breaking the stick crap. I understand players get angry after blown plays but it sure seems childish to break their sticks. Then you add this type of occurrence to the mix, just makes that type of temper tantrum seem ridiculous.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:33 PM
Banned

WOW!!!!!!!
What a great game. 2 of the best teams in the NHL faced off and what a SHOW!
Kipper's save might go down as one of the all time best.

Jamie
Old 12-06-2009, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunt_and_fish View Post
I think it's totally accidental but I agree that it is hard to watch. Hopefully this will reduce some of that breaking the stick crap. I understand players get angry after blown plays but it sure seems childish to break their sticks. Then you add this type of occurrence to the mix, just makes that type of temper tantrum seem ridiculous.
i still think he should have been suspended.....i don't care if it was his own player..you are supposed to remain in control of your stick....it shouldn't matter who you hurt.