Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-11-2010, 11:26 PM
Banned

Default Official 2010/2011 NHL thread

Ok, it's been a while.. Lets talk some hockey!!!

Oil still suck. Think they will tank 2 years in a row to get another draft pick?
Chicago is yesterdays news.
Flames seem to have lost their minds. What the heck did they bring back Olli for? And now they are thinking of getting rid of Regehr. PUKE!!!!!!!!

Just got my 1/4 share of Flames tickets this year and I must tell you that I didn't want to pick any games in the last month. I was thinking they would be well out of a playoff spot by then and I couldn't give them away.
But lets see what happens, Sutter will be gone by X-mas if he is wrong. And I cant disagree with that way of thinking. He has to be on a very short leash and I cant see these moves being of any help to him.
I am very disappointed in them so far. But I will be there watching and wearing Red. Some good games in my package, Oilers, Vancouver Avs x2 (including the new years eve game), Yotes, Wild, Sabers, Preds, Kings, Hawks and the big bad BRUINS!!!!
Kipper will be a God again this year because he has to be. Man I love seeing him play.

Vancouver.. HMMMM perhaps no more captain between the pipes? I wonder if it is time for the other Sedin Sister to win a MVP.

Let the fun begin.

Jamie
Old 09-11-2010, 11:46 PM

Go FLYERS
Old 09-11-2010, 11:53 PM

Ahhhhh...let the trash talking begin,lol

First off calgary sucks... I beleive the oilers will do a little better this year, just enough to be better than calgary. Which in alberta is all that matters,lol
Old 09-11-2010, 11:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmag View Post
Ahhhhh...let the trash talking begin,lol

First off calgary sucks... I beleive the oilers will do a little better this year, just enough to be better than calgary. Which in alberta is all that matters,lol
Shmag, for as much as I am down on my Flames.. You must be Drunk to think they will finish behind the Oil this year....

Jamie
Old 09-12-2010, 12:05 AM

Ahhhh. It feels good to return from an entire year of self imposed exile!

Jamie, your Shames should be better this year, and would wager that they'll make the playoffs.

My Oil will be better if the injury bug finally decides to find another home. Kindda hoping for another missed berth and high draft pick and go the Pens/Hawks route for a run in the next couple of years.

Watch for LA this year.......
Old 09-12-2010, 12:25 AM

I think I'd be happy if the Oilers come in around 25th this year. A little better then last year and still in the lottery for a good draft pick.
I don't think the flamers will do well this year, even they said jokeinen was a cancer in that dressing room and they brought him back anyways!
Aside from the Oilers I wouldn't mind seeing the Aves do something this year.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Shmag, for as much as I am down on my Flames.. You must be Drunk to think they will finish behind the Oil this year....

Jamie
lmao...yep...Crown Royal is a wonderful drink
Old 09-12-2010, 06:05 AM

Calgary has set the bar for worst off season moves ever. And that includes keeping Sutter! Also heard of the Regher rumors. That is just stupid.

Edmonton....c'mon, they are all going to stand around and watch with us and let their savior Hall try and do everything himself. Even put extra pressure by giving him #4 to wear.

Chicago...where did everyone go? No loyalty to a team anymore. They couldn't afford to keep their winning team together so they traded in for a little cheaper model.

Vancouver... I am afraid to say they are gonna go a long way this year.

Toronto...Gonna be the surprise underdog.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:31 AM

Default Flyers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger1022 View Post
Go FLYERS

You POOR Disillusioned FOOLS!!!
Are Rug1022 and myself the only ones that can see the LIGHT.
The FLYER Light!!!

MANNN, we have a Defense that will KICK AZZ this year. Lost the Gagg and one of my Fav players ( Asham ) but found a few Interesting pics.

I am thinking Guerin will be ONe of them, TONS of experience and a HELL of a play maker. Last year when he teamed up with the ***** Cindy they performed pretty well.

Going down to Philly on Oct 16th, watch them KICK the CRAP out of Cindy, tyr a few Cheese Steaks, check out the Bell and go from there.

Not sure if there is any Fishing there, BUT if there is I am sure I will check it out
Old 09-29-2010, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigg dogg View Post
You POOR Disillusioned FOOLS!!!
Are Rug1022 and myself the only ones that can see the LIGHT.
The FLYER Light!!!

MANNN, we have a Defense that will KICK AZZ this year. Lost the Gagg and one of my Fav players ( Asham ) but found a few Interesting pics.

I am thinking Guerin will be ONe of them, TONS of experience and a HELL of a play maker. Last year when he teamed up with the ***** Cindy they performed pretty well.

Going down to Philly on Oct 16th, watch them KICK the CRAP out of Cindy, tyr a few Cheese Steaks, check out the Bell and go from there.

Not sure if there is any Fishing there, BUT if there is I am sure I will check it out
And your goaltending as always will come up short costing you....Philly hasn't a chance
Old 10-01-2010, 09:26 PM

Flames take it to the Oil tonight!!! Looked like the Oil threw in the towel after 1.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:38 AM

Just some food for thought....

PRESEASON / THROUGH GAMES OF SUNDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2010

Eastern Conference

Northeast Division
Team (RK) GP W L OT GF GA PTS
Toronto ( 2) 9 5 3 1 27 31 11
Buffalo ( 6) 6 4 2 0 24 16 8
Montreal ( 8) 7 4 3 0 28 24 8
Ottawa (10) 8 3 4 1 30 26 7
Boston (13) 5 1 3 1 11 15 3

Southeast Division
Washington ( 3) 6 5 1 0 20 12 10
Tampa Bay ( 5) 6 4 1 1 20 16 9
Florida ( 9) 6 3 2 1 14 17 7
Carolina (12) 5 3 2 0 8 8 6
Atlanta (15) 6 0 5 1 10 18 1

Atlantic Division
Philadelphia ( 1) 8 5 2 1 24 25 11
Pittsburgh ( 3) 6 5 1 0 24 14 10
N.Y. Rangers ( 6) 6 4 2 0 27 25 8
New Jersey (11) 6 2 1 3 18 20 7
N.Y. Islanders (14) 5 1 4 0 10 18 2

Western Conference

Central Division
St. Louis ( 2) 8 5 3 0 26 17 10
Nashville ( 4) 6 4 2 0 13 10 8
Columbus ( 6) 8 4 4 0 26 28 8
Chicago ( 9) 7 3 4 0 19 22 6
Detroit (11) 8 3 5 0 23 31 6

Pacific Division
Phoenix ( 3) 7 4 2 1 16 14 9
Los Angeles ( 7) 6 3 1 2 19 15 8
Dallas ( 8) 6 3 2 1 15 14 7
Anaheim ( 9) 7 3 4 0 20 28 6
San Jose (13) 6 2 4 0 17 18 4

Northwest Division
Calgary ( 1) 7 7 0 0 23 11 14
Edmonton ( 4) 6 4 2 0 21 15 8
Vancouver (11) 8 3 5 0 20 27 6
Colorado (14) 7 2 5 0 11 15 4
Minnesota (15) 6 0 4 2 10 24 2
Old 12-02-2010, 07:52 PM

Man even the most die hard Flamer couldn't help but be impressed with the Kids tonite..especially the the 2 goals by Hall....geez are we tied with the Powerhouse Flames now??????
Old 12-02-2010, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanonfodder View Post
Man even the most die hard Flamer couldn't help but be impressed with the Kids tonite..especially the the 2 goals by Hall....geez are we tied with the Powerhouse Flames now??????
haha. I would not be proud to be tied with my flames right now. sweet jeebus its gonna be a long winter.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulecrazy View Post
haha. I would not be proud to be tied with my flames right now. sweet jeebus its gonna be a long winter.
It's gonna be a long FEW winters!
Old 12-02-2010, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGuy View Post
It's gonna be a long FEW winters!
It may have to be in order to get out of this mess.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:44 PM

Quote:
It may have to be in order to get out of this mess.
Watch for something to happen next week after the Hawks get done with 'em. Darryl has made ed stelmach look highly competant over the past couple of seasons. In fact, I believe our old friend ~Highoctane~ would have done a better job.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:14 PM

Quote:
There's no debating that there are some young kids there with real potential. The Oil still have some pretty big gaps to fill in my opinion (a big center and another top pairing D to start) but that team is sure a lot more enjoyable to watch this year. Plus, they're probably going to get a decent draft pick nest summer. Maybe not a top 5 though. Lots to look forward to, that's for sure.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:04 PM

so the CBC was all excited about featuring a 3D game this weekend. That is until the flames went and upped them. Their 5D powerplay was sure something else..........
Old 12-03-2010, 08:06 PM

Quote:
so the CBC was all excited about featuring a 3D game this weekend. That is until the flames went and upped them. Their 5D powerplay was sure something else..........
Good to see you have kept your sense of humor through it all!!!!
Old 12-03-2010, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
Good to see you have kept your sense of humor through it all!!!!
LOL. I have given up on being serious about them. might as well have fun with it now.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:55 PM

24.2 Procedure - The Referee shall ask to have announced over the public address system the name of the player designated by him or selected by the team entitled to take the shot (as appropriate). He shall then place the puck on the center face-off spot and the player taking the shot will, on the instruction of the Referee (by blowing his whistle), play the puck from there and shall attempt to score on the goalkeeper. The puck must be kept in motion towards the opponent’s goal line and once it is shot, the play shall be considered complete. No goal can be scored on a rebound of any kind (an exception being the puck off the goal post or crossbar, then the goalkeeper and then directly into the goal), and any time the puck crosses the goal line or comes to a complete stop, the shot shall be considered complete.

This is from the NHL web page. In reading this rule that goal should have been dis allowed.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramps73 View Post
24.2 Procedure - The Referee shall ask to have announced over the public address system the name of the player designated by him or selected by the team entitled to take the shot (as appropriate). He shall then place the puck on the center face-off spot and the player taking the shot will, on the instruction of the Referee (by blowing his whistle), play the puck from there and shall attempt to score on the goalkeeper. The puck must be kept in motion towards the opponent’s goal line and once it is shot, the play shall be considered complete. No goal can be scored on a rebound of any kind (an exception being the puck off the goal post or crossbar, then the goalkeeper and then directly into the goal), and any time the puck crosses the goal line or comes to a complete stop, the shot shall be considered complete.

This is from the NHL web page. In reading this rule that goal should have been dis allowed.
Why? By your logic a deke pulled to a backhand would be in violation of this. In Omarks case he does a spin so the puck is simply a pivot point...
Old 12-12-2010, 01:29 AM

Anyone else think Omark actually 'whiffed' on the shot?
Old 12-12-2010, 01:32 AM

Quote:
I thought it looked like fake slapper to me ??
Old 12-12-2010, 07:16 AM

Quote:
nope definetly a fake slapper
Old 12-12-2010, 08:36 AM

We often forget that hockey is a business. Revenue is made from ticket sales, advertising, TV ratings, merchandise, etc, etc. This kind of action sells. Sure there are some big name GMs complaining. They wouldn’t say anything with one of these guys on their team, revenues up and the seats all full.

People talk about the history of winning in Edmonton. Since Messier left there has been a history of losing. Faced with the slightest adversity the team would fall apart like a cheap suit. Now regardless of the score these guys are giving 100% until the final buzzer. They have a history winning at all levels and are determined to bring it here.

I know I am looking forward to the next game, win or lose, as they are exciting to watch. Last year I would be surfing the net during the game and only take notice of the replays.

I am most impressed with the play of Khabibulin. Good goalies have good stats, great goalies make timely saves. The Oilers lead the league in turnovers and this guy is bailing them out time after time. I would have traded him for a bag of pucks in the off season
Old 12-12-2010, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Why? By your logic a deke pulled to a backhand would be in violation of this. In Omarks case he does a spin so the puck is simply a pivot point...
This is not my logic this rule was taken from the NHL rule book.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramps73 View Post
This is not my logic this rule was taken from the NHL rule book.
On any deke, or stick handling before the shot, the puck gets pulled "backwards", so technically the rule would disallow that. The spirit of the rule is to not allow a player to skate down, come back, skate over to the corner...back around the net, down to the other end, etc etc.
In Omark's case, the puck itself never traveled in the opposite direction..it was always moving forward. (Look at the replay in slow-mo..you'll see clearly it was always moving forward) I really don't know how there can be any controversy over the goal.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:27 AM

I don't think there is anything wrong with the goal, just quoting the rule.

The shoot out is alway going to be in question. Over the last month it seems that every game is in a shot out..

Tags
ducks