Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-17-2020, 10:05 PM

Default The obscure “I don’t know that thread”

If there is an obscure question...may be funny...may be serious...

Maybe someone knows

I’ll start

I was just grocery shopping.

I have no clue what the difference is between Polish style garlic sausage and Ukrainian Style garlic. Both were on sale and bought one of each.

Soooo. What’s the difference?
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 10-17-2020, 10:08 PM

Most ladies jeans don’t have front pockets. Looks like they’re there but they’re not. I’m part of the three daughters club and I’m always bugging them about poor footwear decisions. Where the heck are they supposed to carry a pocket knife with no front pockets. Lol
Old 10-17-2020, 10:18 PM

Default The obscure “I don’t know that thread”

To the best of my Ukrainian knowledge, there is no difference between Polish vs Ukrainian sausage other than name.
Old 10-17-2020, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post

Maybe someone knows

I’ll start

I have no clue what the difference is between Polish style garlic sausage and Ukrainian Style garlic. Both were on sale and bought one of each.

What does the ingredient list say?
Old 10-17-2020, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post

Maybe someone knows

I’ll start

Only the label.
Old 10-17-2020, 11:38 PM

If you eat it while drinking 'horilka' - it's Ukrainian sausage.
If you eat it while drinking vodka, - it's Polish sausage.
Old 10-18-2020, 12:21 AM

My wife is 2nd generation Ukrainian, she considers herself an expert on Ukrainian food and in fact just put up a 15 litre pail of Borscht ( I can't stand the smell of beets). Anyway, I asked her the question and her learned response was " there isn't any difference, the Ukrainian sausage just tastes better"
So that should clear things up for you....
Old 10-18-2020, 09:17 AM

Obscure question.

1.) Why does my wife's physical strength and skill level change based on if I'm home or not???

I mean, if I'm away she can carry boxes to the basement, open jars, mow the lawn, hang pictures, haul firewood etc. The moment I'm home she becomes helpless with these things...

2.)What is the optimum amount of scissors to have in a household? No matter how many extra pairs I buy, I can never find a pair when I need them. (on a side note why do they wrap them in plastic that you need scissors to safely remove?)

3.) What can I build with all of the 1'-3' long pieces of wood or metal that I save after projects? Can't bring my self to toss them and only need so much kindling/blocking.

4.) Why did I plant so many potatoes this year?
Old 10-18-2020, 09:59 AM

What if the whole world farted at once? Would the Greenland glaciers all disappear? Would the planet warm enough that I wouldn't have to move to skip winter? Would everyone's eyebrows fall off?

I was going to ask what would happen if our PM wore blackface but.....

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 10-18-2020, 11:22 AM

Why do cars no longer have those little side vent windows..or...why did cars ever have those little side vent windows other than to make it easier to get in when you locked your keys in the car.
Old 10-18-2020, 11:26 AM

What exactly is "martinizing" and why does it only take an hour ?
Old 10-18-2020, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyn View Post
Why do cars no longer have those little side vent windows..or...why did cars ever have those little side vent windows other than to make it easier to get in when you locked your keys in the car.
I have to say I miss those vent windows. I used to have a nice little '95 Ford 4x4, plain jane with nothing power, steel doors and headliner. Great little truck that I wish I had never got rid of. I sold it for a song to my apprentice at the time who was without a ride and had a pregnant girlfriend. He flipped it a few months later and made more than double what he paid me for it.
Old 10-18-2020, 12:05 PM

Quote:
The side vent windows and floor vents used to give you air flow in vehicles with no air conditioning. You also used to be able to stash a lot of beers in the floor vents so the cops wouldn't find them.
Old 10-18-2020, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Steve is in the back in a tiled room with a floor drain, he puts on the clothes and is blasted with a fire hose. Sometimes he wears the fake arrow-through-his-head and/or does the King Tut dance.
Old 10-18-2020, 12:08 PM

I don't know where that one size of Allen key that is missing from my 11 set of Allen keys is. I also don't know where many of my right hand work gloves are, whenever I find just one, its invariably the left glove.
Old 10-18-2020, 12:09 PM

Wink Martianizing? Ack! Ack! Accck!

Quote:
Fairly sure it took more than an hour.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mars attacks.jpg (63.6 KB, 159 views)

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 10-18-2020, 12:42 PM

Quote:
And for Pete's sake, WHY did they stop putting doors locks on all the outside doors.. and further, remember
when you could just use the windshield washer pump independent of the wipers, to kind of pre soak
a bugged up window? Now stupid wipers kick in immediately & wasting washer fluid. I used to de-ice my
windshield in the old days in the morning by just spraying the washer fluid and letting it sit..
Old 10-18-2020, 12:49 PM

Why can't electric window controls just be the same on all vehicles, forward for down and back for up and that's it, none of this auto open or auto anything and pull or press to stop the window where u want it. Some are a real nuisance in my view, obviously. LOL

Protect the oppressed even if an enemy, never forgive the traitor especially if he is your friend
Old 10-18-2020, 12:51 PM

I don't really understand why "you can have your cake and eat it too"

what are some people doing with their cake ...... as opposed to eating it ??..........

Cake is for eating ......... that's what I do with my cake. Can't think of any good reason to simply "have it" and not eat it.

That has to be the stupidest saying ever - not sure why people say it - is it because this confusing riddle makes them seem wiser (like they know a big secret) compared to the rest of us, who just eat their cake like fools?
Old 10-18-2020, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teledogs View Post
Why can't electric window controls just be the same on all vehicles, forward for down and back for up and that's it, none of this auto open or auto anything and pull or press to stop the window where u want it. Some are a real nuisance in my view, obviously. LOL
My new Chev is horrible. The window goes all the way down or up. To stop it in a set spot takes concentration and luck.
Old 10-18-2020, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
I don't really understand why "you can have your cake and eat it too"

what are some people doing with their cake ...... as opposed to eating it ??..........

Cake is for eating ......... that's what I do with my cake. Can't think of any good reason to simply "have it" and not eat it.

That has to be the stupidest saying ever - not sure why people say it - is it because this confusing riddle makes them seem wiser (like they know a big secret) compared to the rest of us, who just eat their cake like fools?
That's like the "If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it does it make a sound?" question. I friggin hate that one. Stuff crashes to the ground it's going to make noise
Old 10-18-2020, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbrush View Post
My new Chev is horrible. The window goes all the way down or up. To stop it in a set spot takes concentration and luck.
^^ this did take getting used to. When you want it down just a crack, it goes all the way down, blows air everywhere, then up past where you wanted it, then down, then up. Frustration!!

I learned to have a very soft touch that works most of the time lol.
Old 10-18-2020, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Bacon View Post
^^ this did take getting used to. When you want it down just a crack, it goes all the way down, blows air everywhere, then up past where you wanted it, then down, then up. Frustration!!

I learned to have a very soft touch that works most of the time lol.
Yep my f150 same thing. Drives me right bananas. You want it all the way open you get an inch and vise versa
Old 10-18-2020, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbrush View Post
Switch probably has 2 detents. Pushing all the way goes to auto just a light half push will operate it as non-auto function.
Old 10-18-2020, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghfalls View Post
Most ladies jeans don’t have front pockets. Looks like they’re there but they’re not. I’m part of the three daughters club and I’m always bugging them about poor footwear decisions. Where the heck are they supposed to carry a pocket knife with no front pockets. Lol
That’s why fixed blades hand nice flat kidex sheaths, for inside the pants on the belt line.
Old 10-18-2020, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMOA View Post
Switch probably has 2 detents. Pushing all the way goes to auto just a light half push will operate it as non-auto function.
Thats how my last few trucks and our Yukon are. This one has a mind of its own.
Old 10-18-2020, 04:34 PM

How big of a clown do I have to be to be PM and My wife couldn’t live with me but could I live with myself.
Old 10-18-2020, 07:58 PM

I don't know who designed the dam pickle jar with the narrow little top....
Old 10-18-2020, 10:37 PM

When i’m driving, why can’t I be allowed to see the road behind me on my “backup” camera?
Old 10-18-2020, 10:51 PM

The obscure word of the week is ... The Donald