Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-12-2020, 09:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott h View Post
I can tell you don't really understand the difference either. It seems you picked up on the bullet points given on a one day course on using safety equipment, but in truth you really don't understand how H2S kills vs how SAR-COV-2 kills . It doesn't matter either because if you follow the rules taught, you will be safe. Just like the current infection.
By the way I do know people that have had H2S exposures.

You want to see something real?

This is a text I got from a friend stateside. Said he’s suffered more from a hangover.

Exact same kind of frightening result from my neighbors wife who had covid.
Old 10-12-2020, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
People that rub up against strangers in wally world concern me a whole lot more than the vid
It’s their right though.... fight the man who says to keep a few feet apart.
Old 10-12-2020, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
https://www.wnd.com/2020/10/4859570/...Sy0VRK-8h-V574

It seems the damage has been done and the truth is finally starting to come out.
Oh crap, you likely just invoked Bloop..
Old 10-12-2020, 09:45 AM

This Irishman nails it. Little bit long (1hour), best reporting I have witnessed.
https://youtu.be/2gkUJk4dvaM
Old 10-12-2020, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
So you're saying if you mask up properly you will be safe from the corona virus?
You have a handful listening....small handful
That's the essence of it. If you don't let the virus into your body you won't get infected. If you use your PPE incorrectly, or not at all, then you shouldn't be surprised if you get infected if it's in the general area.
Do you use you protective equipment in situations where there MIGHT be H2S, or only when you KNOW its present?

You seem to take H2S seriously (with good reason), but a lot of the same injury can occur with covid. Both can cause serious, but not fatal, injuries. Both can kill you. Would you minimize someone inhaling H2S and ending up in hospital for a few days as "no big deal"? Or would you look at why he got exposed in the first place? Your companies lawyers and safety people would be taking it pretty seriously I would bet.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2850187/
Old 10-12-2020, 10:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri777 View Post
Oh crap, you likely just invoked Bloop..
It’s not just a common flu!!!!!

Oh wait.....

Maybe it is???

Never mind, carry on.
Old 10-12-2020, 10:08 AM

Quote:
"..If you don't let the virus into your body you won't get infected. If you use your
PPE incorrectly, or not at all, then you shouldn't be surprised if you get infected.."
Ok, I have great massive fears, sky falling like, need to know where does
one get PPE flatulence masks..i don't want any surprise infections, lol.

(@1:57)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKwQsNATMu4
Old 10-12-2020, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
https://www.wnd.com/2020/10/4859570/...Sy0VRK-8h-V574

It seems the damage has been done and the truth is finally starting to come out.

In a quick search, I couldn't find any direct data from WHO stating the 0.13% death rate.

It seems that this number comes from reporters calculating the death rate from a WHO announcement that they estimate 760 million people have been infected with covid.
WHO doesn't seem to want to give the new death rate estimate, as it doesn't fit the narrative....

This estimate from partial WHO statements fits right in with the numbers (with links to the CDC sources) I provided a couple days ago that show Covid is now not much worse than Influenza....
which unsurprisingly was ignored by those here that want to continue fear mongering.

------

It's time to go back to the OLD Normal.

If "you" want to continue to be overly cautious, go ahead.
Stop expecting everyone else cower to "your" lowest denominator.

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."
Old 10-12-2020, 10:47 AM

I remember when AIDS broke out when I was in Jr. High, I was in fear mode & then Dwayne got the Aids on
Degrassi jr. high & I was bitten & stressfully concerned/chicken little'd about my fatality, as I thought it
was contagious, lol.. Oh how history repeats and shows there is nothing new under this sun..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0UTqngnsuY
Old 10-12-2020, 10:49 AM

Quote:
That's the essence of it. If you don't let the virus into your body you won't get infected. If you use your PPE incorrectly, or not at all, then you shouldn't be surprised if you get infected if it's in the general area.
Do you use you protective equipment in situations where there MIGHT be H2S, or only when you KNOW its present?

You seem to take H2S seriously (with good reason), but a lot of the same injury can occur with covid. Both can cause serious, but not fatal, injuries. Both can kill you. Would you minimize someone inhaling H2S and ending up in hospital for a few days as "no big deal"? Or would you look at why he got exposed in the first place? Your companies lawyers and safety people would be taking it pretty seriously I would bet.

Problem is that this is societies first foray into trying to control something like this globally. And they are finding out A:they can’t and B: the evidence is now pointing to the fact the things they have tried aren't working.
Ok so comparison of H2S and Covid is a touch off. One kills the young and healthy as well as elderly. The other basically kills people at deaths door. IE 74% of those who have passed away in US had at least 3 comorbidities. As well as all the deaths reported are reported dieing with covid not from, massive difference.
Scott honest question have you been following up on the links I have provided. I usually follow up on the stuff you put on as I like to get a full picture before deciding.
Finally did you wear ppe for influenza wherever you went before covid?
Because it also can be fatal and if you didn't then you were being selfish by not protecting others.
Reality is that it will run it's course, like every other flu season. It was already found in septic waste from 2019 in multiple countries so it has been around before.
We are showing the same numbers for deaths as any other flu season, slightly higher than 2018 but lower than 2000. 2019 was an extremely soft flu season that was historically low for deaths.
Use of masks is making zero difference as seen now by data and as backed up by over 20 years of science before covid. I have provided multiple links with piles of pages of data included as backup in the videos that show this all to be true.
Old 10-12-2020, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post
In a quick search, I couldn't find any direct data from WHO stating the 0.13% death rate.

It seems that this number comes from reporters calculating the death rate from a WHO announcement that they estimate 760 million people have been infected with covid.
WHO doesn't seem to want to give the new death rate estimate, as it doesn't fit the narrative....

This estimate from partial WHO statements fits right in with the numbers (with links to the CDC sources) I provided a couple days ago that show Covid is now not much worse than Influenza....
which unsurprisingly was ignored by those here that want to continue fear mongering.

------

It's time to go back to the OLD Normal.

If "you" want to continue to be overly cautious, go ahead.
Stop expecting everyone else cower to "your" lowest denominator.
The world death rate should come down. Remembering the death rate has impacted seniors far higher. In a country like India with surging infections, their population and health demographics will impact the count. Fewer older seniors. Also poverty is so pervasive that many can’t afford the trip to the hospital and continue with their rural traditions of funeral fires.

I am also hoping death rate declines due to better health care safety processes around seniors. Also better treatment protocols. High risk groups seem to be smarter in preventing outbreaks.

None of these necessarily protect Canada’s healthcare system from being flooded beyond capacity due to surging hospitalization. So we can’t open the flood gates. Higher uptake of flu shots would help reduce hospitalizations.

I have heard positive and validated information on improved reduced Covid death risks. Great news but expected as more is learned about how to treat.

I also see some real good learnings for future pandemic responses.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 10-12-2020, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
The world death rate should come down. Remembering the death rate has impacted seniors far higher. In a country like India with surging infections, their population and health demographics will impact the count. Fewer older seniors. Also poverty is so pervasive that many can’t afford the trip to the hospital and continue with their rural traditions of funeral fires.

I am also hoping death rate declines due to better health care safety processes around seniors. Also better treatment protocols. High risk groups seem to be smarter in preventing outbreaks.

None of these necessarily protect Canada’s healthcare system from being flooded beyond capacity due to surging hospitalization. So we can’t open the flood gates. Higher uptake of flu shots would help reduce hospitalizations.

I have heard positive and validated information on improved reduced Covid death risks. Great news but expected as more is learned about how to treat.

I also see some real good learnings for future pandemic responses.

The main reasons for the lowering mortality rate is previously unavailable data that allows for estimating whole populations infection rates and
Reduced lethality of the virus.
Better medical intervention practices is also helping....

Regardless, the newly known reality is that the virus is basically no more lethal than the Flu, except perhaps for the elderly (70+).

If those in the risk group are concerned, they can take precautions as they individually desire.

The current desire to reduce hospital visitations is KILLING people!
More people than are dying from Covid!

How many people 70+ really want everyone else to suffer and even die so that they can feel safer?

How about if those that are worried, take precautions as they desire?
Those that aren't worried, can also carry on as they desire.

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."
Old 10-12-2020, 11:45 AM

Quote:

As I type there is an SCBA about 3' away from me. 10' away are a stack of made in china single use masks that nobody touches.
I know which mask I place greater importance on.
H2S concerns me, the vid...I have a far greater chance living thru that. Far far greater. With or without a mask
Old 10-12-2020, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbrush View Post
I’m in a very low risk category but my existence isn’t only focused on me. I also don’t think anyone is gaining any control of me by not wanting me to get to close to strangers in Walmart or getting me to use hand sanitizer. If you think that’s control or fear mongering, try sitting in on a safety meeting for a critical sour well fishing job. Statistics show that the risk of death is extremely low....it’s all about “The Man” trying to control me. I’m going to refuse to wear a mask if we take a kick....it’s my right.
Lol that is quite the comparison. Comparing H2S to Covid lol.
I’ve been a consultant for a longgg time, sat in plenty of long drawn out safety meetings, and chaired them.
In my opinion this is not worth shutting down our whole economy/world.
Old 10-12-2020, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7mmremmag View Post
I’ve been a consultant for a longgg time, sat in plenty of long drawn out safety meetings, and chaired them.
I agree 1000%. Everything need to know Right here. Excellent report.

Old 10-12-2020, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7mmremmag View Post
You’re right and it’s not worth shutting the economy down over. That’s why I am perfectly fine with washing my hands and wearing a mask if I need to.

Also, it’s not a comparison on severity. It’s more a show how with a few simple precautions something (even as deadly as H2S) can reduce the risks substantially.
Old 10-12-2020, 01:45 PM

I wonder what the conversations around the campfire were when FN people's using their new blankets infected with small pox started killing their children.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg smallpox-blankets.jpg (36.8 KB, 38 views)
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 10-12-2020, 01:59 PM

Quote:
The main reasons for the lowering mortality rate is previously unavailable data that allows for estimating whole populations infection rates and
Reduced lethality of the virus.
Better medical intervention practices is also helping....

Regardless, the newly known reality is that the virus is basically no more lethal than the Flu, except perhaps for the elderly (70+).

If those in the risk group are concerned, they can take precautions as they individually desire.

The current desire to reduce hospital visitations is KILLING people!
More people than are dying from Covid!

How many people 70+ really want everyone else to suffer and even die so that they can feel safer?

How about if those that are worried, take precautions as they desire?
Those that aren't worried, can also carry on as they desire.
We both agree it is getting better than it started off

However your opinion Covid is no worse than the flu is make believe.

FLU mortality is 0.1%
Covid ranges from 3-5%

Now who is being exaggerated about Covid. Fact is it is worse than the flu. You can sacrifice seniors because you feel they are old and should understand they have the option to hide?

Wear a make. Practice social distancing. Don’t spread Covid.

Seems simple.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 10-12-2020, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Wear a mask. Practice social distancing. Don’t spread Covid.

Seems simple.
Everyone I watch with a mask is not masking correctly !!
They are constantly touching the nose area where droplets of covid would be, adjusting mask,
then back to touching store items..self righteous flock.
Go watch for yourself Sun.
Old 10-12-2020, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmtada View Post
This Irishman nails it. Little bit long (1hour), best reporting I have witnessed.
Explains everything ive suspected recently. In fact probably what a lot of us have come to realize. Not that theres a whole lot any of us can do about it. Its way to big to turn it around i think.

I wont give it all away here but WOW! Worth a listen.

Makes me wonder if i should even get a flu shot this year. My Cardiologist wont see me if i dont. I never had one as long as i can remember till i had my heart attack. And ive never had the flu that i can remember either with or without Vaccine that i can remember.
Old 10-12-2020, 03:50 PM

https://www.theblaze.com/op-ed/horow...dy-covid-masks
Old 10-12-2020, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri777 View Post
Everyone I watch with a mask is not masking correctly !!
They are constantly touching the nose area where droplets of covid would be, adjusting mask,
then back to touching store items..self righteous flock.
Go watch for yourself Sun.
Some wear it wrong. Some touch their mask. Some wear it fine. People will improve.

Think about this also. Does the mask filter out virus you breath out? Then is there virus on the outside of the mask?

If you touch something virusey and then touch the outside of your mask..does it swim through your mask and get breathed in?

Or if your mask is clean on the outside and you adjust it...then touch something...it should remain virus free.

If your mask is dirty with virus on the outside and touch something...you would spread it? Potentially.

So from a risk perspective...the main concern is touching virus on surfaces...touching your mask...then touching your mask and spreading virus to surfaces..

In the end...if you don’t touch your nose or mouth before washing your hands...should you be safe? Or at least safer than having no mask in crowded places?

It seems so far...there has been very little...if any transmission of virus in a place like a hardware or grocery store due to mask related...behaviour problems.

Again...looking at the reports... transmission remains primarily in home private parties sharing drinks and food and at religious gatherings and between employees.

Bars have been an issue in places. Gyms some also. Restaurants not too bad with proper hygiene.
Old 10-12-2020, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmtada View Post
I agree 1000%. Everything need to know Right here. Excellent report.

It’s amazing how a charming speaker can make anything a political spectrum argument.

Democrats like masks and are anti human.

Mask wearers have succumbed to globalization.

We now need some people here to really understand social media and how in and by itself it is an amazing and strong persuasive tool to bend peoples opinion to what they want.

This guy doesn’t believe Covid is a thing to be concerned about. So if you desperately are looking for self approval and approval of others on your hope for normalcy, then you are ripe fodder for these sorts of social media orators.

The nice, calming voice of reassurance is what most people want. And many people neither like change nor cope with change well.

So please...give us more random YouTube links to guys telling us everything is okay.

I for one am not scared nor are most people. Most realize the elderly are at most risk. Most find it inconvenient but hardly debilitating to wear a mask and social distance.

Some are selfish and have gatherings without trying to be careful, or shout at clerks making minimum wage because they hate masks.

Trump says a vaccine is coming.

Therefore..chill, be happy, don’t worry. Dream of Kokomo.
Old 10-12-2020, 04:35 PM

Quote:
We both agree it is getting better than it started off

However your opinion Covid is no worse than the flu is make believe.

FLU mortality is 0.1%
Covid ranges from 3-5%

Now who is being exaggerated about Covid. Fact is it is worse than the flu. You can sacrifice seniors because you feel they are old and should understand they have the option to hide?

Wear a make. Practice social distancing. Don’t spread Covid.

Seems simple.
3 to 5 percent was March data. Its October, and Alberta's website was stating .25. And if the Guess WHO is correct about there 10 percent has been infected, we are talking like .13.
Old 10-12-2020, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
3 to 5 percent was March data. Its October, and Alberta's website was stating .25. And if the Guess WHO is correct about there 10 percent has been infected, we are talking like .13.
Unless you close Alberta’s borders you need to look national.

However just for Alberta Data today.
19,995 cases

282 deaths

Alberta death rate is 1.41%.

Flu is 0.1%.

So definitely looking better but still starkly worse than the Flu.

https://www.alberta.ca/covid-19-alberta-data.aspx#toc-2
Old 10-12-2020, 06:56 PM

Quote:

19,995 cases

282 deaths

Flu is 0.1%.

Alberta conducted a seriological study that estimated 80k had covid in July. You got the wtong data.
Old 10-12-2020, 07:03 PM

Quote:

19,995 cases

282 deaths

Flu is 0.1%.

Ugh.... what happened to Sundance the scientist?

Throw in serology testing (82,458 cases estimated) and the Sept. 21 mortality rate estimate is 0.26%

Why do you refuse to accept new data from the Alberta government, the CDC and WHO, which are ALL providing information showing that the mortality rate is now FAR below your claims?

Old 10-12-2020, 07:33 PM

Quote:

Throw in serology testing (82,458 cases estimated) and the Sept. 21 mortality rate estimate is 0.26%

Why do you refuse to accept new data from the Alberta government, the CDC and WHO, which are ALL providing information showing that the mortality rate is now FAR below your claims?
Because in his mind he likes saving the world one person at a time by wearing his mask
Old 10-12-2020, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
Alberta conducted a seriological study that estimated 80k had covid in July. You got the wtong data.
If you want to compare Flu to Covid you would need serology for the flu also.

So to compare apples to apples, my number is correct.

With serology, likely the flu is even far more less severe than Covid.

To really look at possible persons at risk of dying.

In 2020, there were 325,795 females and 179,285 males 65 years of age and over in Alberta. https://www.statista.com/statistics/...y-age-and-sex/

Quote:

What do you as the risk in this age category?

Last edited by Sundancefisher; 10-12-2020 at 08:15 PM.
Old 10-12-2020, 08:48 PM

Quote:

19,995 cases

282 deaths

Flu is 0.1%.

Death rate based on deaths with covid? Not From Covid. Keep in mind that is how Alberta is calculating just like the rest of Canada.