Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-17-2020, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott h View Post
Nope. Rampant disease spreading rapidly until protection used.
Well none of the dates correlating to changes in transmission frequency line up. I have been looking for proof of what measures resulted in what changes, and could not find anything solid. Do you have any leads on this?
Old 10-17-2020, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergerboy View Post
Well none of the dates correlating to changes in transmission frequency line up. I have been looking for proof of what measures resulted in what changes, and could not find anything solid. Do you have any leads on this?
Where are you getting your "transmission frequency" data from ???
Old 10-17-2020, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Where are you getting your "transmission frequency" data from ???
Look at the dates of implementation of masks and Alberta going to phase 2, school starting etc and compare it to the infection rates. Not lining up.
Old 10-17-2020, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergerboy View Post
Look at the dates of implementation of masks and Alberta going to phase 2, school starting etc and compare it to the infection rates. Not lining up.
Alberta is much too small of a sample size and zero consistency in mask usage to base that on.
Old 10-17-2020, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Alberta is much too small of a sample size and zero consistency in mask usage to base that on.
4,421,876 people is not a small sample size.
Old 10-18-2020, 12:45 AM

I look at one big stat 2 cities with mandatoy mask bylaws. Have the highest number of cases in the province. Tell me again how masks protect us please. Here is another stat very very few cases of homeless people getting Covid. That must be because they are always washing and living a clean sanitary life style. It might also mean that we are so clean now we don't have immunity like the homeless people.
Old 10-18-2020, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillG View Post
I look at one big stat 2 cities with mandatoy mask bylaws. Have the highest number of cases in the province. Tell me again how masks protect us please. Here is another stat very very few cases of homeless people getting Covid. That must be because they are always washing and living a clean sanitary life style. It might also mean that we are so clean now we don't have immunity like the homeless people.
Do you think we have the largest numbers, because we have the highest population...?

Homeless people, what percentage of them are getting tested for anything, never mind Covid....?
Old 10-18-2020, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Peru vs Brazil then or yes Sweden with 14% mask compliance or the US with 59% of people saying they wear masks everytime they leave the house. Since you love to point out how bad the US has done also note it has one of the highest rates of mask wearing in the world.
Old 10-18-2020, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glion View Post
Peru vs Brazil then or yes Sweden with 14% mask compliance or the US with 59% of people saying they wear masks everytime they leave the house. Since you love to point out how bad the US has done also note it has one of the highest rates of mask wearing in the world.
You are not helping Scotts fear driving agenda.
Old 10-18-2020, 09:31 AM

Freedom Rally in Toronto....yesterday. Thousands.

https://youtu.be/tiOwqF-CqyU
Old 10-18-2020, 10:20 AM

Yes Calgary and Edmonton have more people but not so many more to make their numbers as high as they are. The homeless should be wiped out if this virus is as bad as claimed. They have no had sanitiser and no masks to wear. They gather together and live on the dirty streets where who knows what gets thrown. That to me sounds like a recipe for disaster among them but it is not. Another interesting stat a US man got Covid a second time. Meaning we can not become immune to it. What good will a vaccine do then. Could also mean though that he got a false positive test. Another stat that is not mentioned. They only seem to worry about false negative test why. If it is false one way it sure can be the other way. Maybe we should second guess the fake news we get on TV every day or at least think a little harder about what we are being fed.
Old 10-18-2020, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Reduced spread outside the home...people are indoors more so more spread in the home.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 10-18-2020, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glion View Post
It’s the superspreading events driving it in the US and they are not wearing masks predominantly.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 10-18-2020, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
It’s the superspreading events driving it in the US and they are not wearing masks predominantly.
Please geographically and chronologically associate your "super spreader event" with an acute increase in Covid19.
Old 10-18-2020, 03:56 PM

Sundancefisher where are the people getting Covid when they are at home. Please use your head the masks are next to useless. If people being at home more is increasing the spread it must be in their homes waiting to attack them. When and if an actual real increase in number started it was still warm out and people not indoors that much. As Bergerboy has stated numbers and stats don't line up. This will be hard for some to remember but there was going to be a huge spike because of all the people at Sylvan Lake. There was a spike but it was in business for the towns store owners not in Covid numbers. Best of all people there were not following scandemic guide lines. I am going to throw a number out there I believe 60% of Covid tests are showing a false positive result.
Old 10-18-2020, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Yes Calgary and Edmonton have more people but not so many more to make their numbers as high as they are. The homeless should be wiped out if this virus is as bad as claimed. They have no had sanitiser and no masks to wear. They gather together and live on the dirty streets where who knows what gets thrown. That to me sounds like a recipe for disaster among them but it is not. Another interesting stat a US man got Covid a second time. Meaning we can not become immune to it. What good will a vaccine do then. Could also mean though that he got a false positive test. Another stat that is not mentioned. They only seem to worry about false negative test why. If it is false one way it sure can be the other way. Maybe we should second guess the fake news we get on TV every day or at least think a little harder about what we are being fed.
Bill where do you live?
i am in edmonton, most of my life. I'd say I have several thousand friends in various walks of life. I don't know anyone who has contracted Covid, I don't know anyone who knows any one who caught Covid in Edmonton, or in Calgary. I was just in medicine Hat for 3 days, very few people in this city are wearing masks, it was hugely refreshing not to have to wear a mask in every single public place I visited.....
Old 10-18-2020, 05:34 PM

The mask will save everyone. Lmfao.
Old 10-18-2020, 09:38 PM

Faststeel I hear what you are saying. I live in a small town between Edmonton and Calgary I don't know any one that has caught Covid either. All we hear though on the daily fake news is that every one has and will die or end up in the Icu. It is sickening to watch the news every story has to mention Covid or pandemic. Yet here we are and we can't find any body who has had it. I wonder if it was like that during the Spanish Flu some thing tells me no.
Old 10-18-2020, 10:10 PM

Divide the number of cases in Edmonton of Calgary by their respective populations and you’ll understand why you don’t know anyone that has had it.

However that’s rather irrelevant.

What is relevant is an understanding of how geometric growth works.
Old 10-18-2020, 10:48 PM

Sorry should have said: exponential growth.
Old 10-18-2020, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KinAlberta View Post
Divide the number of cases in Edmonton of Calgary by their respective populations and you’ll understand why you don’t know anyone that has had it.

However that’s rather irrelevant.

What is relevant is an understanding of how geometric growth works.
I know what you are saying. I agree for the most part; but is that the same exponential growth we saw in March/April that wiped us out?
Old 10-19-2020, 07:48 AM

All this talk of a second wave....anyone see the second wave in China?

from Worldometers site
Old 10-19-2020, 08:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMichaud View Post

from Worldometers site

The “second wave” is when we wave good bye to corona next June.
Old 10-19-2020, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
The “second wave” is when we wave good bye to corona next June.
No, no... They're busy manufacturing another one for us as we speak...
Old 10-19-2020, 01:55 PM

Quote:

from Worldometers site
https://www.worldometers.info/corona...ountry/france/

Look at the data for France...Great Britain. Just to get you thinking.

Funny how some refuse to believe data from western countries yet consider data from China to be arguable.

If you assume it is correct...and you like it...then you are in favour similar methods China used to halt the virus?
Old 10-19-2020, 02:02 PM
Banned

Hey Sundance, I’ve given up searching any credible information source because you seem to be the only true information.

Is this real? Did the Canadian government make a deal to set up internment camps, then the very next day order a shtload of riot control tear gas? It’s probably fake news right?

https://youtu.be/oMBFoMevCXM
Old 10-19-2020, 02:10 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Unhappy

we are in it now....and will continue to be in it....good luck to all involved in public service etc....where you are in closed quarters with people for extended period of time....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 10-19-2020, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Hey Sundance, I’ve given up searching any credible information source because you seem to be the only true information.

Is this real? Did the Canadian government make a deal to set up internment camps, then the very next day order a shtload of riot control tear gas? It’s probably fake news right?

https://youtu.be/oMBFoMevCXM
Good question. If the liberals are setting up camps for no purpose then that is totally wrong. If they are asking for “internment” camps for Covid then that doesn’t make any sense.

Many countries have 14 day quarantine rules in place for Covid. Under current liberals law you must quarantine in Canada with a plan in place. However some idiots have violated that and taken it for granted that failure to comply has no penalty.

I am for allowing for people to self quarantine according to their plan. Failure to comply I have no problem with people caught flaunting the law to then be placed in a monitored facility for the term of their quarantine. Makes sense to have clear pandemic plans covering a variety of issues.

In some countries you are automatically sent to a quarantine facility...hotel or army base depending upon the country.

In Canada...trust shouldnt be broken. If it is their should be consequences.
Old 10-19-2020, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
https://www.worldometers.info/corona...ountry/france/

Look at the data for France...Great Britain. Just to get you thinking.

Funny how some refuse to believe data from western countries yet consider data from China to be arguable.

If you assume it is correct...and you like it...then you are in favour similar methods China used to halt the virus?
Funny how some people don't understand the sarcastic lol emoticon...
Old 10-19-2020, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Funny how some people don't understand the sarcastic lol emoticon...
You got me.