Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-20-2020, 09:08 AM

Why does anyone want a card?
Old 10-20-2020, 02:14 PM

Exclamation Stop having blind faith in the technology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNP View Post
Why does anyone want a card?
Why? Because when they eventually have a complete failure of their electronic records, it won't affect the card in your wallet.
Same as having a printed copy of your license with you when hunting or fishing; no concern about network connections or a dead phone battery when getting checked.

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 10-20-2020, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban rednek View Post
Why? Because when they eventually have a complete failure of their electronic records, it won't affect the card in your wallet.
Same as having a printed copy of your license with you when hunting or fishing; no concern about network connections or a dead phone battery when getting checked.
A card does nothing. Knowing your WIN, which is printed or listed on every license you have, is all that is necessary. If there is a "complete failure of their electronic records" a piece of plastic isn't going to fix anything. Yes you'll still have a card lol........taking up space in your wallet........that is all it is good for.
Old 10-21-2020, 06:57 AM

They are great for removing frost on your winshield in a pinch when you don't have a scraper.

My blog - casting on the waters

fishing regulations and facts on fish handling
Fishing Regulations
Old 11-10-2020, 09:23 AM

Default I paid for the card and I expect a card

In my opinion People should get what they ordered. That means if they paid for a card they should receive the card. You still have to prove that your WIN is valid in the meantime and that you paid the one time fee. Which you can do on your cellphone through an app but...... What if you forgot your cell in the truck???? And fish game are asking for it in the bush a mile or two away. They'll ask for your Pal/R-Pal and Drivers License anyway. Guess where that all will be???? In your wallet. It sure would be nice to have an alternative back up. That being said who wants to remember a bunch more numbers. You remember your bank numbers, credit card numbers, address numbers, box numbers, birthday's, Anniversary's dates, pin numbers, license plate numbers and every other password that a person has to remember online. I don't know about you but...I'm getting sick of having remember all these numbers and it's a lot of work. I'm not a number crunching accountant nor getting paid to remember all these numbers. That's why I paid for the damn card.

Last edited by Shannon576; 11-10-2020 at 09:29 AM.