Old 12-11-2018, 12:18 PM

"the haters will eventually jump to the next outrage"

This seems relevant - https://www.outsideonline.com/237288...oods-gun-sales
Old 12-11-2018, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickakooKookoo View Post
"the haters will eventually jump to the next outrage"

This seems relevant - https://www.outsideonline.com/237288...oods-gun-sales
Good article, for me it highlights the danger of mindless partisan politics.

Thomas Sowell
Old 12-11-2018, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
Good article, for me it highlights the danger of mindless partisan politics.
It's scary to me how much of this seems to be based on hate. It seems like it's less and less about finding a common ground and more about making sure the other side doesn't get what they want. It's sad that so much of this seems to be driven be a deep hatred.

Remember when you used to be able to have a conversation about these things? Now everything is just a yelling match, facts don't matter, win at all costs, make sure you smear everyone who doesn't agree with you along the way.

The world is becoming a sad place no matter what side of the spectrum you're on.
Old 12-11-2018, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
If you are thinking FOX isn't propaganda (on the opposite side of the spectrum) you might as well add Breitbart, Infowars and the Rebel to your "must watch" list as well .....lol.

Wall Street Journal, AP, BBC, Reuters are pretty much the only news I'd even consider somewhat neutral and worth watching these days.
Saw this a while back somewhere:

Old 12-11-2018, 07:38 PM

If this was just a partial list then when the complete list comes out, I won't be able to shop anywhere but a gun store.
Old 12-12-2018, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
I hate bandwagons.
You know what the biggest bandwagon of all is? The middle of the road, wishy-washy, non-committal, if it doesn't immediately and directly effect me I don't care, afraid to take a stand because I don't want to stick out in a crowd, bandwagon.

Old 12-12-2018, 03:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
Wall Street Journal, AP, BBC, Reuters are pretty much the only news I'd even consider somewhat neutral and worth watching these days.
I'd have to respectfully disagree with your statement. I listen to BBC daily as an act of masochism. BBC is what CBC is modeled after. They are the quintessential liberals.
Old 12-12-2018, 04:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by grouse_hunter View Post
I'd have to respectfully disagree with your statement. I listen to BBC daily as an act of masochism. BBC is what CBC is modeled after. They are the quintessential liberals.
Agreed CBC/BBC/CNN are all gas lighting all day everyday!

Their is no dissent in main stream media, it's all controlled no matter which channel you saw it on., it's all owned and operated by a small group of politically motivated psychopaths.
Old 12-12-2018, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSteel View Post
You know what the biggest bandwagon of all is? The middle of the road, wishy-washy, non-committal, if it doesn't immediately and directly effect me I don't care, afraid to take a stand because I don't want to stick out in a crowd, bandwagon.

Applause.....
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 12-13-2018, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickakooKookoo View Post
It's scary to me how much of this seems to be based on hate. It seems like it's less and less about finding a common ground and more about making sure the other side doesn't get what they want. It's sad that so much of this seems to be driven be a deep hatred.

Remember when you used to be able to have a conversation about these things? Now everything is just a yelling match, facts don't matter, win at all costs, make sure you smear everyone who doesn't agree with you along the way.

The world is becoming a sad place no matter what side of the spectrum you're on.

Totally agree. There seems to be no middle or center allowed. You're either far right or far left.
Socially, or even in the workplace, you are judged for your views with real-world consequences. You have to be really careful about what you say about what topic.
Casually making a comment at lunch about whether so and so's sentence was too light or too harsh, your labeled either a Nazi or an sjw.

And god forbid (can I say that?)...don't ever put anything in an email that might tip off your worldview.
Old 12-13-2018, 09:58 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSteel View Post

Cute but completely false.

Refusing to take sides is not joining the crowd intentionally which is what jumping on the bandwagon is all about.
It is about refusing to make uninformed decisions based on words of someone I do not know personally.

And for that reason it is also not non committal. I'll commit to causes I understand. What I won't do it take things written on internet forums by anonymous people hiding behind usernames, as established fact.

In fact I am one of the least liked people on this site because I do take a stand on issues I do understand.

No doubt you would say it is something else. So be it, you have your opinion, I have mine.
Just know this, trying to shame me into joining your crowd is not going to work with me.

I know I'm not liked by many here and I could care less. There is a lot of freedom in not caring what others think.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 12-13-2018, 11:03 AM

Default we like you just fine Keg

we just cant communicate with you until you clean up your inbox which has exceeded your storage space!!!!
Old 12-13-2018, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Hardin View Post
If this was just a partial list then when the complete list comes out, I won't be able to shop anywhere but a gun store.
That is exactly right. No different than an oil protester not living in a grass hut LMAO....
Old 12-13-2018, 01:28 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwbirds View Post
we just cant communicate with you until you clean up your inbox which has exceeded your storage space!!!!
LOL Opps, wasn't paying attention.

Hey I know I have freinds here, some that many would find surprising.

But I also know I have enamies and plenty of them.
It makes me chuckle actually. I wonder how many have stopped by my table at a show somewhere, had a chat and went on their way thinking, "nice guy that".

There is no way there is only a hand full of AO members who go to shows in places like Fort MacMurray or Grande Prairie yet I have only had a few AO members at such places who introduce themselves as AO members and fewer still that had any idea who I am on here.

I'll clean out my inbox now.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 12-14-2018, 12:57 AM

Keg

I don't always agree with what you post and you sometimes have kind of an abrasive way of expressing yourself. I have been told I am guilty of the same things. Doesn't mean we don't like you. There would be very little point to this forum if we all thought exactly the same on every subject. Sure wouldn't be very interesting.

At least you and quite a few others on here can have a reasonable discussion without coming totally unglued. You recognise not everyone will see the same issues the same way but you respect their right to think differently. To me, one of the biggest problems now a days is people no longer tolerate any view that is not 100% aligned with theirs. Anyone who disagrees is fair game for total nuclear decimation. The internet has NOT foster a more open and constructive dialogue among people, it has hardened lines into a straight win and lose proposition on every topic.

Keep posting your thoughts in a respectful manner, that is what gives people something to think about if they will just open their minds to other possible points of view.
Old 12-14-2018, 07:05 AM

You forgot PayPal........
Rob
Old 12-14-2018, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I would like to see some actual information confirming each companies stance on firearms, before condemning them as anti firearm. I did a search on Costco, and the issue with them is from the USA where they don't allow citizens to carry firearms into their stores. I see nothing where they are campaigning against firearms, or for more restrictions.
On paper maybe but I see numerous people open carry in Costco every time I go to costco. (Not to mention I ccw there).More so than Walmart which says something!