Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-24-2011, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglyelk View Post

How do these work?

Standard drama involves a forum member claiming foul and announces they are leaving.

Other members are suposed to beg the member not to leave.

Then all the wantabe moderators contribute their two cents.

I'm not playing. Never been interested in acting in anyones little drama.

Son if you don't want to be the butt end of the joke stop posting stupid stuff on the internet.

Saving bears, Vanishing rivers, and Edmonton suck threads make you an easy target.

If your going to play on the internet you will definetly need to develop some thicker skin. You've not been treated poorly, I shutter to think of the emotional trama you'll suffer if you ever are.

If you can't take folks hacking on you a wee bit you might consider not posting the stupid stuff. Blanket statements like everyone attacked by a bear was feeding them will elicit a response from many.

Anyway thanks for the entertainment!
Talk about stupid stuff wasting bandwidth. For someone not going to play that is one long post about not playing.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:32 AM

What you pay for the bandwith
Old 05-24-2011, 10:34 AM
Gone Hunting

How about we just give everyone a ribbon and call it good.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 05-24-2011, 10:37 AM

Default Violence.

I don't think Edmonton is much more violent than a lot of other places. There are parts of the world that are sure a lot worse. Like all cities they are place you can be targeted and need to be aware of how not to become a victim.

I rather like Edmonton. I've got lots of friends in Edmonton, non of them have been violently murdered. I can't say the same about Banff. Bottom line if you can run into problems just about anywhere. Life doesn't come with a guarantee.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
How about we just give everyone a ribbon and call it good.
Cool, but I wanted a trophy.

Old 05-24-2011, 11:13 AM

Quote:
What you pay for the bandwith
Did you forget you weren't playing?
Old 05-24-2011, 12:35 PM

hmmmm I got my own personal troll....that's it I'm quiting this forum!
Old 05-24-2011, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by best guide shawn homeniuk View Post
not to mention nothing to do in edmonton.
LOL Sounds like my kids when they were young. And what would you like to do in Edmonton that you can't do (which you could do in other cities)?
Old 05-24-2011, 12:58 PM
Gone Hunting

Well for one thing there's no nude beaches like on the coast. Wreck beach. UBC

Old 05-24-2011, 01:00 PM

go to the lake for a swim, catch some nice wild fish, take a nice walk without worrying if im gonna be the 23rd murder of the year, i really think edmonton could be a great city, Edmonton is getting worst over the years maby more cops will help with the crime, but have to admit that the river valley is cool with all the senery and wildlife, and this city has way to much photo radar, its on every cornor of 50th street no joke.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
hmmmm I got my own personal troll....that's it I'm quiting this forum!
You will be sorrily missed Uglyelk..................
Old 05-24-2011, 02:58 PM

Speaking of scum baggery in cities, my uncle's friend had their 20hp motor on their boat ripped off just this weekend. They live in Winnipeg.

People can mess with life, but people can't mess with time.

Old 05-24-2011, 03:16 PM

interesting
http://www.globaltvedmonton.com/Camp...740/story.html
Old 05-24-2011, 03:17 PM

Just thought of this, 'Edmonton GETTING bad'???

In 1986 when I was in Edmonton working at Denny Andrew's Bar, my Uncle was working at the Cromdale. They framed the bullet hole in the wall just over his head. He broke the mans spine, neck, back, and the police patted him on the back. If anyone was around at that time in the Cromdale you would remember 'Bob', 6'4 450+ lbs. He is HUGE. I am a paltry 6'5 and 340 compared to Bob.

Edmonton has been had for a long time.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 05-24-2011, 03:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
go to the lake for a swim, catch some nice wild fish, take a nice walk without worrying if im gonna be the 23rd murder of the year, i really think edmonton could be a great city, Edmonton is getting worst over the years maby more cops will help with the crime, but have to admit that the river valley is cool with all the senery and wildlife, and this city has way to much photo radar, its on every cornor of 50th street no joke.
tell me what major cities in the world you can do any of these things, you can catch and release fish in hermitage park in the city, I walk around the city without fear of being murdered like I have said before it's almost always people that know each other and gang related that are getting murdered,if you keep yor nose clean it won't happen to you, mix with the wrong crowd and it could happen no matter where you live, I would hate to see you walking on east hastings,or young street or in times square edmonton is nice compared to these places,and as far as photo radars go don't speed and you won't get any,I haven't gotten any in 3 years so I don't worry about them, photo radar isn't an edmonton problem it's an alberta problem.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:36 PM

You guys defending Edmonton, do you own stock in Edmonton? Were your ancestors founding fathers? I know you are not blind when it comes to current events, you are very knowledgeable on a lot of topics, but excuse or dismiss the fact that there is a seedy part of Edmonton, as is of course any major area.

Why stand up for 'A city' so strongly? Many have said Edmonton is a wreck, and you see it when you drive through it, when you look in the papers, on the evening news, it is not all parks and butterfiles and buttercups.

Just trying to understand.

I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 05-24-2011, 03:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
You guys defending Edmonton, do you own stock in Edmonton? Were your ancestors founding fathers? I know you are not blind when it comes to current events, you are very knowledgeable on a lot of topics, but excuse or dismiss the fact that there is a seedy part of Edmonton, as is of course any major area.

Why stand up for 'A city' so strongly? Many have said Edmonton is a wreck, and you see it when you drive through it, when you look in the papers, on the evening news, it is not all parks and butterfiles and buttercups.

ken I live in edmonton and have noticed no increase in crime in almost 12 years of being here,sure the murder rate is up and in other years it is down it's a cyclical thing that goes up and down every year,and the fact that you don't live here means alot,if you watched the news and read the papers everyday you would never leave your house in fear of everything, ever notice how much good news makes it to the media?

when I first moved here in 2000 I lived on stony plain road one of the worst places in the city and now Ilive in the east end not that far from 118th avenue,both areas have been cleaned up since I have been here and look alot better than they did in 2000,are there bad areas ? sure there are even been to forest lawn in calgary,the lower east end of vancouver,young street in toronto they are no different and sometimes worse,when I was in vancouver a few years ago driving down east hastings I seen guys lying on the sidewalk on cardboard boxes with needles in their arms,in toronto years ago I seen people sleeping on sub way grates I have never seen either in edmonton.

I volunteer in a place downtown rith in one of the worst neighbourhood in the city and have for the past 5 years right on 95th street behind commonwealth stadium,I have never seen crime there or had my vehicle touched while I have been there so either I am the luckiest person in edmonton or maybe the crime rate isn't that bad.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:14 PM

well stats don't lie, they may lean pull and swing, but they don't lie. I am sure I can find a statistic to support that, but statistically speaking it will be wrong lol

If you look hard enough you can find dirt in a hospital, just because the media sweeps the dirt under the carpet doesnt mean it does not exist.

If you like it there, that is super. Many do. I just do not.

Old 05-24-2011, 04:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post

Ken i have lived in Ottawa, Toronto, Hamilton and a short time in Montreal now in Edmonton since 2007. I do property management so meet and deal with all kinds i still love it here and find most not all but most of the people that have trouble are looking for trouble. No it's not all parks and butterflies but would walk down the street here before I walked down the street in Toronto.........SO YA I LIKE EDMONTON....call me crazy .....
Old 05-24-2011, 04:27 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwood 456 View Post
Speaking of scum baggery in cities, my uncle's friend had their 20hp motor on their boat ripped off just this weekend. They live in Winnipeg.
Thieves were probably from Edmonton.

Old 05-24-2011, 04:29 PM

Its City pride
Cowtown and the chuck have it...we both have bad hockey teams but we still cheer our azzes off and brag up whenever we can.
Pride is a positive that leads to improvements...complete negativity leads to complete distruction, with a why bother additude.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbdarter View Post
Its City pride
Cowtown and the chuck have it...we both have bad hockey teams but we still cheer our azzes off and brag up whenever we can.
Pride is a positive that leads to improvements...complete negativity leads to complete distruction, with a why bother additude.
That says it all Chubb..........
Old 05-24-2011, 05:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsetrader View Post
Ken i have lived in Ottawa, Toronto, Hamilton and a short time in Montreal now in Edmonton since 2007. I do property management so meet and deal with all kinds i still love it here and find most not all but most of the people that have trouble are looking for trouble. No it's not all parks and butterflies but would walk down the street here before I walked down the street in Toronto.........SO YA I LIKE EDMONTON....call me crazy .....
exactly

I guess more people are around looking for trouble,when I moved to edmonton in 2000 millwoods was a very dangerous place to be, there were driveby's frequently and guys getting killed on their front lawns in broad daylight,my buddy got jumped on stony plain road and I know of a handful of other instances since I have been here but most of the instances were because people were looking for trouble or associated with the wrong crowd and were in the wrong place at the wrong time with the crowd,crime is everywhere big city and small town, hell the biggest tragedy in alberta's history happened in rochford bridge not edmonton or calgary or lethbridge or red deer etc.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:01 PM

Edmonton.....pffft,,,
Old 05-24-2011, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by podman View Post
Ya that murder rate is high for Canada but by American Standards it is low. Be glad you live in such a wonderful country as Canada. I have lived in multiple cities where the murder rate is close to 1 a day.
Guess again.. we already beat out not only canada but alot of major cities such as new york this year... Huzzah...
Old 05-24-2011, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpietrzak1979 View Post
Guess again.. we already beat out not only canada but alot of major cities such as new york this year... Huzzah...
yea thats true, just looked into it, maby a gang drug war goin go
Old 05-24-2011, 11:20 PM

You just wait until there done rebuilding and have a new arena

Seriously, Want to see a S$!T Hole? I Grew up in Forest Lawn, Calgary . I knew people whose houses were victims of "Drivebys" by grade 6. I worked at a restaurant in Marlboro mall, I was the go to guy to stash Knives, stolen stuff, And even a pistol once. I had some pretty sweet clothes in junior high. All great cities have a story behind the scenes Edmonton is no worse than Calgary IMHO, (And I hate Calgary)
Old 05-25-2011, 01:17 PM

Quote:
edmonton Cops murder people too
Old 05-25-2011, 01:37 PM

could be worse, could be LA

http://projects.latimes.com/homicide/map/
Old 05-25-2011, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquil View Post
edmonton Cops murder people too
i dont trust city police at all, very rude people for sure