Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-07-2011, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxcore View Post
Umm go Tampa because they have previously won a cup........ I'm guessing your an oilers fan because of their previous accomplishments I'm surprised you can stand up and walk to your computer with your bad shins from all the bandwagon jumping you must do
No need to guess I am an Oiler fan I stated so quite clearly...I dont bandwagon Jump I support my team..they aint in it..but I have a soft spot for Roli..so GO TAMPA !!!
Old 05-07-2011, 07:54 PM

Greatest quote of the year so far was Dutchie on TSN:

"Hey, didya notice that baby looks a lot more like Henrik!!!!"

I peed myself laughing so hard.....PRICELESS.

Ya....I can't stand the canucks.....so anyone who's playin' against em' is good in my books!!!!

tm
Old 05-07-2011, 09:08 PM

Man you gotta admit these Nucks are clutch when in a position to end a series...
Old 05-07-2011, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freespiritlabradors View Post
Last canadian team left anybody not cheering for the knuckleheads. Just steamed at an article in the Sun today from the ever famed idoit Terry Jones. Any comments
Terry Jones is an idiot!
Old 05-07-2011, 09:14 PM

Not that I disagree but the article is quoting a reporter that lives in Vancouver so how exactly does this make TJ an idiot? Are Nucks fans that thin skinned?
Old 05-07-2011, 09:25 PM

Go Canucks!!!!!
Old 05-07-2011, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanonfodder View Post
Are Nucks fans that thin skinned?
Websters uses this exact quote to define a "Rhetorical Question"

tm
Old 05-07-2011, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra Monkey View Post
Websters uses this exact quote to define a "Rhetorical Question"

tm
BAZINGA
Old 05-07-2011, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanonfodder View Post
Not that I disagree but the article is quoting a reporter that lives in Vancouver so how exactly does this make TJ an idiot? Are Nucks fans that thin skinned?
I'm the furthest thing from a Canucks fan. I can't stand their players, managers, and fans. They are rude, cocky and clearly think they are gods gift to the NHL.

And my opinion of Terry Jones comes from an article that he wrote last year when the Oilers had to call up a goalie from the U of C. Since then I have yet to read an article from him.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:48 AM

wow turned into a great thread. Terry Jones is a dork dirt manipulating idiot. I'm a through and through OILER fan short of Kevin he's an idiot as well. But will cheer for ANY canadian team left in the playoffs. If that makes me a wagon jumper then I'm a dam proud Canadian wagon faller offer!!!!boooyaaaa

Old 05-08-2011, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionel View Post
I'm the furthest thing from a Canucks fan. I can't stand their players, managers, and fans. They are rude, cocky and clearly think they are gods gift to the NHL.

And my opinion of Terry Jones comes from an article that he wrote last year when the Oilers had to call up a goalie from the U of C. Since then I have yet to read an article from him.
Gods gift????? Wrong We are the Gods!!!!
Old 05-08-2011, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanmc View Post
your twin gods skated their way to a combined -7 last night.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanmc View Post
just the sense of entitlement Canucks fans have. thats why nobody likes the Canucks.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:20 AM

I was cheering for the Canucks at first, but since all the whining about penalties not being called against them, and all the garbage that don't get called against them... and none are worse than Kesler. And I'm sick of the hype about Luongo, who isn't good enough to win a cup... and the choke sisters who can't play in a big game.

Go Pred's!... but as an Oiler fan, I'm hoping that Tampa goes all the way so Roloson can win the cup he should have had in '06.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionel View Post
just the sense of entitlement canucks fans have. Thats why nobody likes the canucks.
go canucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulecrazy View Post
your twin gods skated their way to a combined -7 last night.
Thats Gods favorite number.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:23 PM

GO HAWKS!!!!!!......(next year... you just wait like I have to...)

ABV!!!
Old 05-08-2011, 01:19 PM

Go anyone but the knucks !!!

Mostly cause I can't stand their fans.....worst hockey fans in the world !

on a side note, this has been the worst playoffs ever for teams that are winning.

I don't want to see Van (there fans) or SJ ( cause Heatley don't deserve cup ) win, TB ( they got one by a bad call in 04) So maybe Boston or Detroit can win and make it better.
Old 05-08-2011, 03:52 PM

that wasn't ever worth responding to
Old 05-08-2011, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybert View Post
I am a long time Canucks fan since coming to this country in 1980. I weathered through the not so good seasons and always supported the likes of the Oilers and Flames during their runs. When the season gets going again, I usually hope it would be better than the last one and I can watch my Canucks battle their way out of the NW division and contend for the cup. I usually root for the classy guys like Babych, Smyl, Snepts, Rota, Brodeur, Hlinka, and my all time Canuck Linden. I understand that there are many Canucks fans out there that are obnoxious and retarded, but they are usually the ones that immediately hop off the wagon once the party stops. I will be quite happy if my Canucks do win the cup and would celebrate graciously like any true fan. It would be a good summer, but everything starts all over again in the fall. I am a Canucks fan and always will be. I'm not going to rub it in your face or tell you that they are Canada's team. They are simply my team.
X2 Heybert. You state my position exactly. And don't forget Tiger Williams - my hero for his body slam on Billy Smith. Awesome attitude. As for the Canucks today...am I happy that the pair of Art Ross trophy winners we have can't seem to understand that there is hockey after the regular season?!? No!! I'm not. But I am still going to cheer my team to the end.

GO NUCKS

And you Kesler slammers - get real. That guy has played an awesome year. I don't see any player out hustling him. He really has come into his game this year. As for whining, every player out there b!tches at the ref when they feel wronged. Why wouldn't they? They might get a call go their way next time. Kesler is not innocent, he has as many infractions as the next guy, but he's playing to win. Get over it.

And as for relying on the Sedins to carry us through? Are you kidding? We fans are more aware of their disappearance than anyone. Fact is we could lose one of them and not even notice it. It is the rest of the team that is coming through. And if the Sedins man up and start to play Canadian hockey, nothing can stop us from taking the cup.

GO NUCKS
Old 05-08-2011, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybuster View Post
X2 Heybert. You state my position exactly. And don't forget Tiger Williams - my hero for his body slam on Billy Smith. Awesome attitude. As for the Canucks today...am I happy that the pair of Art Ross trophy winners we have can't seem to understand that there is hockey after the regular season?!? No!! I'm not. But I am still going to cheer my team to the end.

GO NUCKS

And you Kesler slammers - get real. That guy has played an awesome year. I don't see any player out hustling him. He really has come into his game this year. As for whining, every player out there b!tches at the ref when they feel wronged. Why wouldn't they? They might get a call go their way next time. Kesler is not innocent, he has as many infractions as the next guy, but he's playing to win. Get over it.

And as for relying on the Sedins to carry us through? Are you kidding? We fans are more aware of their disappearance than anyone. Fact is we could lose one of them and not even notice it. It is the rest of the team that is coming through. And if the Sedins man up and start to play Canadian hockey, nothing can stop us from taking the cup.

GO NUCKS
Old 05-08-2011, 09:34 PM

thats better Go Canadian ummmm team(even though nuks) bettman go to double hockey sticks
Old 05-09-2011, 05:13 PM

1. Canada's Team wears red and white and has a maple leaf on the front

2. the NHL has lost most of its lustre/credibility in my opinion by selling its soul for the almighty U.S. T.V. dollar/contract

3. I like to watch players compete with honour and respect... I see precious little of that in todays NHL... and I see NONE of that in the majority of 'Nuck roster...especially the honour part... the amount of diving/embelishing that goes on is nauseating ...ie.. Kesler, Burrows (the hair puller)
Old 05-09-2011, 05:16 PM

Go Vanouver Go
Old 05-09-2011, 06:33 PM

yeeuupp vancouver has the 2 goal lead haha
Old 05-09-2011, 07:23 PM

go canucks go!!!!!!
Old 05-09-2011, 08:47 PM

The Canadian team without the flag off to another series Go Canadian Hockey Go bettman bite me boooyaaaaaaa
Old 05-09-2011, 08:48 PM

WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Old 05-09-2011, 08:59 PM

[QUOTE 3. I like to watch players compete with honour and respect... I see precious little of that in todays NHL... and I see NONE of that in the majority of 'Nuck roster...especially the honour part... the amount of diving/embelishing that goes on is nauseating ...ie.. Kesler, Burrows (the hair puller)[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately in todays game a bad call can win a game, Ive seen Crosby take dive after dive and wine out his ass more then any Canuck in history however I still think he's great. Honor part? I really don't see Kesler or Burrows as that bad when you compair them to todays elite, unless you want to give me some names or your living in the past. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!
Old 05-09-2011, 10:17 PM

Go canucks go
Old 05-09-2011, 10:41 PM

Congrats to the Vancouver Kesler's. Good luck in the third round.