Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-07-2011, 12:03 PM

Default Nhl

Last canadian team left anybody not cheering for the knuckleheads. Just steamed at an article in the Sun today from the ever famed idoit Terry Jones. Any comments
Old 05-07-2011, 12:06 PM

go nashville , I cant stand Vancouver ...
Old 05-07-2011, 01:07 PM

I am actually neutral on which side I want to see win this series. Kind of leaning towards supporting the 'nucks. However, I agree with pretty much that entire article. The guy says whats on his mind and makes some great comments about why the canucks (and vancouver) are not really getting much support from the rest of canada. Yeah, it may hurt the feelings of some canucks fans, but honestly, they should be used to it. The only other reason not to like the nucks or their fans that was not mentioned is those retarded LOOOUUU chants. Okay people, use the cheer, but not for every freakin save. If he robs someone, for sure do the cheer but too much of a good thing is a bad thing.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:16 PM

Go PREDS !!!!! Can't stand Canucks either !!!!
Old 05-07-2011, 01:55 PM

Lets face the nucks are just to good for the preds and will wrap up the 2nd round tonight. I could care less if I was the only Canuck fan in Canada, this year has been incredible for them and Ive enjoyed the ride. Lots of grumpy Canadian hockey fans out there that had a horrible/tough time cheering for their crappy teams this year and will feel better knowing the Canucks didn't get the cup. I believe its Vancouver's time and I cant wait for the 3rd round.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:00 PM

I can't stand Luongo, greasy bugger. I have faith he will crap the bed soon enough....Go whoever is playing Vancouver.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:13 PM

I am standing by my original prediction of a SJ vs BOS final. I am not picking my favorites with that, just the ones I think that have what it takes. In the eastern final I would love to see good canadian boys like Stamkos, Vinny, St louis, Brewer go to the final, but I think that boston has much better defense and goaltending than washington had. In the west, I see the many weapons that SJ has in good canadian boys like Marleau, Heatly, Thornton, Setoguchi, and Boyle. If Niemi steps up and plays like last spring then they will beat the nucks in 6. The tipping point in that series for sure is which louongo shows up. If he gets rattled or shelled in gm 1 then it is lights out for the nucks. But, as inconsistent as he is, he can still be unreal in surges.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:20 PM

ABV baby....ABV!!!
Old 05-07-2011, 02:30 PM
Banned

i didnt have much faith in nashville....but san jose will light them boys up. luongo is going to look silly by the end of that series.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:59 PM

I don't want a bunch of bandwagon Oiler and Flames fans cheering for my team anyways. Your hockey season is over! Hopefully the Nucks close it out tonight so they can rest up to take on SJ.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:13 PM

No worries we dont hate your team per se just the fans thereof....
Old 05-07-2011, 03:21 PM

Can't stand the Canucks. A team comprised of two sisters, Kesler, Ehrhoff and whiner Burrows cannot win the Stanley Cup. If one of the sisters gets injured, they're done.

What has Torres contributed so far this post season? Nada.

Heatley, White, Thornton, Clowe, Boyle, Marleau, Setoguchi, Couture, Wellwood and Pavelski... Do you Canucks fans really think you stand a chance against the Sharks? The whales are going to be Shark bait.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:47 PM

Go canucks go!!!!!!!
Old 05-07-2011, 04:18 PM

I fully intended to cheer on the 'Nucks this playoffs. We're ten games in so far, and other than Kesler's efforts, the rest of them make me wanna puke. Bunch of diving, whiney @#$%'s.

At this point, you're better off spending your cash on a Guns 'n Roses concert because there's a much better chance that Axel will show up before the Sedins do.
Old 05-07-2011, 04:28 PM

[QUOTE= If one of the sisters gets injured, they're done.

QUOTE]

Ya I remember last year when Daniel got hurt and Henrik went on to lead the league in scoring winning the art Ross as well as the hart trophy god forbid one of them gets hurt.............. Torres is playing great lowering the boom on a few key players this post season, hes not going to be a top scorer thats not whats expected of him.
On paper we are a way stronger team offensively then the sharks they will choke mark my words
Old 05-07-2011, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanonfodder View Post
No worries we dont hate your team per se just the fans thereof....
Seems allot of band wagon oiler and flamer fans are extremely uneducated and really don't know much about hockey except when their team is done its time to cry and talk about how good they used to be and how bad the teams that made it suck so I can see why you wouldn't really like canucks fans.
Old 05-07-2011, 04:46 PM

[QUOTE=fluxcore;933393]
Quote:
Originally Posted by If one of the sisters gets injured, they're done.

Ya I remember last year when Daniel got hurt and Henrik went on to lead the league in scoring winning the art Ross as well as the hart trophy god forbid one of them gets hurt.............. Torres is playing great lowering the boom on a few key players this post season, hes not going to be a top scorer thats not whats expected of him.
On paper we are a way stronger team offensively then the sharks they will choke mark my words
On paper, you are actually very close with the scale of balanced scoring going in favour of the sharks. In the regular season the sharks had 7 players with 50 or more points, and 7 20 goal scorers. the nucks had only 5 players reach the 50 point plateau, and only 3 20 goal guys. In total, the canucks scored only 14 more goals in the regular season. Those numbers to me translate into a team that is fairly even in offensive talent. IMO when you spread out the scoring and don't rely totally on your top line you chances of success are greatly improved. Over the course of a 7 game series teams have time to figure out how to shut down the top players. It will be a great series, with two top end teams, there is no doubt about it.

cheers,
Old 05-07-2011, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CabinFever View Post
I don't want a bunch of bandwagon Oiler and Flames fans cheering for my team anyways. Your hockey season is over! Hopefully the Nucks close it out tonight so they can rest up to take on SJ.
don't worry we won't canucks SUCK SUCK SUCK go preds
Old 05-07-2011, 04:57 PM

[QUOTE=mulecrazy;933400]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxcore View Post

On paper, you are actually very close with the scale of balanced scoring going in favour of the sharks. In the regular season the sharks had 7 players with 50 or more points, and 7 20 goal scorers. the nucks had only 5 players reach the 50 point plateau, and only 3 20 goal guys. In total, the canucks scored only 14 more goals in the regular season. Those numbers to me translate into a team that is fairly even in offensive talent. IMO when you spread out the scoring and don't rely totally on your top line you chances of success are greatly improved. Over the course of a 7 game series teams have time to figure out how to shut down the top players. It will be a great series, with two top end teams, there is no doubt about it.

cheers,
Your right, Its going to be one he!! of a series. Seems like allot of people picked sharks at the beginning of the regular season to come out of the west so I'm a little nervous but excited. Good post.
Old 05-07-2011, 05:03 PM

Since SJ and Van are BOTH notorious for choking in the playoffs, I predict that inevitable series will be sponsored by the number......69.
Old 05-07-2011, 05:05 PM

I have to cheer for Van, drew them in the pool. Come on 120 bucks.
Old 05-07-2011, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxcore View Post
Seems allot of band wagon oiler and flamer fans are extremely uneducated and really don't know much about hockey except when their team is done its time to cry and talk about how good they used to be and how bad the teams that made it suck so I can see why you wouldn't really like canucks fans.
I know YOUR team has never won anything..I know YOUR team has choked everytime it has gotten in the playoffs in recent memory..I know your fans whine YOUR GM whines and YOUR players whine...wake me when YOUR team accomplishes something....

And your arrogance in your post illustrates exactly what I meant...

Last edited by Kanonfodder; 05-07-2011 at 05:25 PM.
Old 05-07-2011, 05:27 PM

Quote:
I know YOUR team has never won anything..I know Your team has chocked everytime it has gotten in the playoffs in recent memory..I know your fans whine YOUR GM whines and YOUR players whine...wake me when YOUR team accomplishes something....
I'd say that a presidents trophy is a decent little accomplishment. Looks like their on the verge of the semi finals as well. So wake up. Who is your team anyways? I could be wrong but you sound like an Oilers man to me....
Old 05-07-2011, 05:32 PM

Yep I am an Oiler fan..guess who I am cheering for besides the Preds? Yup Tampa, because they have won a cup before...more teams have made it to the semis and won the presidents trophy than just the Nucks...like I said when YOUR team accomplishes something significant wake me up. I may be impressed, but probably not..
Old 05-07-2011, 05:37 PM

Canucks can have all the president trophies they want and as many art ross winners as they want too , but untill they raise a cup they are still 1 behind the Flames and 5 behind the Oilers ...

Go nashville!!!
Old 05-07-2011, 05:50 PM

Sittin' here waitin' on a deer, drinkin' beer and wastin' bullets, Aimin' at the empties, missin' hittin' pine trees, It ain't my fault them cans keep movin', My baby's on the phone sayin' baby come home, Where you been and What you've been doin', We'll I've been, sittin' here, waitin' on a deer
Drinkin' beer and wastin' bullets
Old 05-07-2011, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Yep I am an Oiler fan..guess who I am cheering for besides the Preds? Yup Tampa, because they have won a cup before...more teams have made it to the semis and won the presidents trophy than just the Nucks...like I said when YOUR team accomplishes something significant wake me up. I may be impressed, but probably not..
Umm go Tampa because they have previously won a cup........ I'm guessing your an oilers fan because of their previous accomplishments I'm surprised you can stand up and walk to your computer with your bad shins from all the bandwagon jumping you must do
Old 05-07-2011, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fisherman Guy View Post
Your Boy Torres just scored a nice goal
Old 05-07-2011, 06:27 PM

Aww, Flux, we're just razzin' ya. Sincerly, I would love to have the cup back to it's rightful home in Canada. 'Nucks have been around a while, have a great team on paper, and likely deserve it based on their play in the regular season.

So.......I will wish you luck.

However, unless the Sedins can get going and Bobby Lou proves he can stop something smaller than a basketball when it truely matters......I'm not that optimistic at this point.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:17 PM

I am a long time Canucks fan since coming to this country in 1980. I weathered through the not so good seasons and always supported the likes of the Oilers and Flames during their runs. When the season gets going again, I usually hope it would be better than the last one and I can watch my Canucks battle their way out of the NW division and contend for the cup. I usually root for the classy guys like Babych, Smyl, Snepts, Rota, Brodeur, Hlinka, and my all time Canuck Linden. I understand that there are many Canucks fans out there that are obnoxious and retarded, but they are usually the ones that immediately hop off the wagon once the party stops. I will be quite happy if my Canucks do win the cup and would celebrate graciously like any true fan. It would be a good summer, but everything starts all over again in the fall. I am a Canucks fan and always will be. I'm not going to rub it in your face or tell you that they are Canada's team. They are simply my team.