Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-24-2014, 09:57 PM

Default What to do with coyotes

I've got plans to thin out the local coyotes in my area this winter and was wondering what to do with them? I'm not interested in skinning them myself. Does anyone in the edmonton north area buy them or I will even donate them to someone who will use them. I'd rather not leave them to waste ( I'm on private land so spare me the " wasting pelts" speech). I am using a fur friendly caliber and would gladly take any advice on how to handle them so as to make things easy. Let me know, thx
Old 11-24-2014, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boonedocks View Post
I've got plans to thin out the local coyotes in my area this winter and was wondering what to do with them? I'm not interested in skinning them myself. Does anyone in the edmonton north area buy them or I will even donate them to someone who will use them. I'd rather not leave them to waste ( I'm on private land so spare me the " wasting pelts" speech). I am using a fur friendly caliber and would gladly take any advice on how to handle them so as to make things easy. Let me know, thx
PM hunter Dave, I'm sure he will take them!
He lives in Morinville.
Cat
Old 11-24-2014, 10:06 PM

"CHOOT EM!!"

Yeah x2 check with HunterDave.

Also, I'd have a supply of garbage bags and RAID. Place coyote in bag, spray with raid, tie up and keep out of the passenger compartment of your vehicle. Ticks an fleas are unpleasant companions, but easily dealt with in this manner. No, freezing doesn't kill them.
Old 11-24-2014, 11:21 PM
Banned

Hey, thanks for the plug guys......PM sent.

Boonedooks, I've helped one local Rancher out that had a problem that he had with a pack of coyotes that came right into his corral and killed a calf....they're gone. I have to check my snares everyday so if you are within reasonable driving distance from me I'd be happy to put a bunch of snares on your property. It ought to do the trick and save you on time and ammo.

Last edited by HunterDave; 11-24-2014 at 11:27 PM.
Old 11-25-2014, 09:45 AM

Default Coyotes

Pm incoming hunter Dave! I appreciate your offer with the snares but I need the " field condition target practice". I will contact you soon!
Old 11-25-2014, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boonedocks View Post
If you have any extras at any point this year I'd be happy to take them. I'm getting into trapping with my grandpa and could use the practice skinning and sewing holes up! Thanks in advance