Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 04-06-2017, 06:20 PM

Default Nice bow

... one quest comes to an end and another begins. Have you shot it much yet? Are you happy with the results?
Old 04-07-2017, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
I know they will order in whatever you need if you want something they don't carry.

Curious which product you wanted that they didn't have on the shelf?

LC
I wanted to order in the Fast Eddie, but he was pushing the MBG. Just saying how much better sight it was etc.. then I go online and read forums here and on AT and it seems like the spot hogg is equally as good? Then it's just awkward cause who wants to be like "no man you don't know what your talking about I am going to go with the spothogg" or "that's okay I want to go with the crappier sight anyway". You know, just felt that sales pressure.

Last edited by doughgoat; 04-07-2017 at 08:29 AM.
Old 04-07-2017, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughgoat View Post
I wanted to order in the Fast Eddie, but he was pushing the MBG. Just saying how much better sight it was etc.. then I go online and read forums here and on AT and it seems like the spot hogg is equally as good? Then it's just awkward cause who wants to be like "no man you don't know what your talking about I am going to go with the spothogg" or "that's okay I want to go with the crappier sight anyway". You know, just felt that sales pressure.
I shoot a Fast Eddie, great sight. I actually have 2 of them.

The problem is with exchange...Spot Hogg get pricier and add shipping...then it goes higher.

Might be trying to pursuade to consider something they regularly stock, that being said... If you told them order in a Fast Eddie they will do it as I know they have ordered in Hogg Fathers and other Spot Hogg sights for customers in the past.

LC
Old 04-11-2017, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbius131 View Post
I didn't get that feeling when I was in JimBows, actually it was ridiculously friendly and relaxed. With that said, I think promoting certain brands is common place regardless where you shop or who you ask. If you ask Trophy Book Archery they will sway you towards Mathews. I personally know this as fact. If you ask any pro-staff archer or any in archer in general what their opinion is, they are going to promote their sponsor or the equipment they use because they think it is the best. At the end of the day if a company or person promotes a product and stands behind that product because they think it is the best, then I don't think anyone can fault them for it.

Morb

X2. Well said

Elkster
Old 04-11-2017, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knotter View Post
... one quest comes to an end and another begins. Have you shot it much yet? Are you happy with the results?

Been shooting it quite a bit. Very happy with it. Haven't flipped it over to performance yet but curious as to difference.

Elkster