Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-06-2016, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntsfurfish View Post
As an Albertan I dont want to and will not leave Canada!

62 years old. And think we have had it pretty good in all that time, regardless of who was running things!
I'm with you. I'd vote to stay and if the West did decide to leave I'd be moving to remain in Canada.

Independence truly means renegotiating every single trade deal Canada has with other countries. Developing a new currency in order to maintain monetary policy independence, since the BoC has already made it clear that isn't going to happen when Quebec pitched having a rep on the board after they separated. Losing federal money that is spent on infrastructure and health care. Not to mention losing an army, navy, and air force overnight. Probably the next day we would be a couple of additional insular areas owned by the U.S. without U.S. citizenship or voting rights.
Old 11-06-2016, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3blade View Post
If pretty good means FNs slaughtering our wildlife, paying 50-60% of our incomes in tax, fed jackboots kicking in doors and stealing private property, paying endless fees while kbeckers get university for free, watching our natural spaces get degraded for almost no benefit to the average citizen, immigrants with violent ideologies being imported while vets die in the street....you and I have very different versions of pretty good.

Yeah, it's better than Africa...most days. That's about all
Since when did it just become OUR country??!!
I would say there is a pretty good chance it was not always your ancestors country either
Cat
Old 11-06-2016, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3blade View Post
If pretty good means FNs slaughtering our wildlife, paying 50-60% of our incomes in tax, fed jackboots kicking in doors and stealing private property, paying endless fees while kbeckers get university for free, watching our natural spaces get degraded for almost no benefit to the average citizen, immigrants with violent ideologies being imported while vets die in the street....you and I have very different versions of pretty good.

Yeah, it's better than Africa...most days. That's about all
Lol. Not even worth a comment!

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 11-06-2016, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
Canada is absolutely an amazing country to live in. But it could be so much better if we didn't have to support an elite ruling class who see their citizens as nothing more than another resource to be drained. Canada has become an "Ineptocracy".
You probably know what the First (Conservative) PM said about having an appointed Senate... Canada has always been as you described.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro

Last edited by Wild&Free; 11-06-2016 at 09:47 PM. Reason: mistake in tense
Old 11-06-2016, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntsfurfish View Post
Lol. Not even worth a comment!
Then why did you post?
Old 11-07-2016, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
There wouldn't be much point in taking Manitoba with us, they have nothing to offer.
They have an ocean port, and a history that includes resisting Canadian colonisation. Alberta has neither and could use both.