Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 08-20-2012, 05:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slivers86 View Post
lol

same one that has junk floating in it from the tsunami in japan I might add!
so which river are you hitting up?
Old 08-20-2012, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGuy View Post
so which river are you hitting up?
Eagle River tributaries. As a kid, I had caught some nice dolly's (or maybe bulls, didn't much care back than) and would like to revisit it and see if I can catch another rod snapper!
Old 08-20-2012, 11:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Eagle River tributaries. As a kid, I had caught some nice dolly's (or maybe bulls, didn't much care back than) and would like to revisit it and see if I can catch another rod snapper!
In some watersheds, lake bullies will already be headed upstream to spawn at this time of year.

I don't bother trying to tell the difference much when Im in BC, just appreciate the fact they all look different.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacklerunner View Post
Bahahahahahah........ahhahaha. FYI BC is connected to the Pacific ocean. That's the big deep one by hawaii.
So what is your point ???? Chester is the only lake that I know holds them in alberta. were in bc that the true dollies are???? Come on smart guy were are they since you guys are all the fish gods on here that I really wonder how much you really know.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Have fun bud. Let us see all the pictures on the fish you get as i really want he to see what you get I love Bulls. By far my funnest fish to catch other than sturgeon. Good luck.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by muledeerking View Post
So what is your point ???? Chester is the only lake that I know holds them in alberta. were in bc that the true dollies are???? Come on smart guy were are they since you guys are all the fish gods on here that I really wonder how much you really know.
Dude, I posted all of the relevant info in the non-derailment bull/dolly thread.

Zee horse is dead mate.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muledeerking View Post
Have fun bud. Let us see all the pictures on the fish you get as i really want he to see what you get I love Bulls. By far my funnest fish to catch other than sturgeon. Good luck.
I'll try and photograph, if I'm near shore and able to do it. I am bringing a dry bag, so perhaps I will have an opportunity. The GF will be close by as well!
Old 08-21-2012, 12:04 AM
Banned

[QUOTE=BeeGuy;1569332]Dude, I posted all of the relevant info in the non-derailment bull/dolly thread.
Thanks coach but no derailing anything. I was responding to TR. not you so go back down to the river.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
I'll try and photograph, if I'm near shore and able to do it. I am bringing a dry bag, so perhaps I will have an opportunity. The GF will be close by as well!
sweet. I will post up pics as this is when I start hammering them. I normally dont even try till the 15th but been way to busy.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:09 AM
Banned

I was gonna say bring one back and we'll conduct an analysis on the bbq, but Eagle is all C&R
Old 08-21-2012, 08:17 AM

yes sir, along with most major rivers that flow into it thats the only hint I'll give on the water im fishing tonight possibly
Old 08-22-2012, 02:03 PM

The bull trout, Salvelinus confluentus, is a char of the family Salmonidae native to northwestern North America. Historically, S. confluentus has been known as the "Dolly Varden" (S. malma), but was reclassified as a separate species in 1980.

The Dolly Varden trout, Salvelinus malma malma, is a subspecies of anadromous fish in the salmon family, and is technically a char. Although many populations are anadromous, the fish also exists in landlocked waters.