Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-12-2017, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 260 Rem View Post
LazyBoy "service" just called to say that they would replace the leather on the recliner back for $350 ... which they reduced to $300 when I declined.

The LazyBoy position is that the dye washout is due to oil in my hair and my failure to properly maintain the leather.

In declining the "offer" I made clear that I did not believe that any oil in my hair should result in the observed dye washout if the leather had been properly processed. Furthermore, that I believed that a reputable manufacturer should provide a product that is serviceable over a reasonable period when used as intended. Also, that the recliner was kept clean and properly maintained.

Given this experience with LazyBoy, I am skeptical about their product support. No more LazyBoy purchases for me.
Just out of curiosity did you threaten them with small claims court. I think they get away with this crap because no one can be bothered to push the issue. A 2000 recliner that looks that bad in less than a year that they won't fix you should get all of your money back.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by altex View Post
Working for them?
Um no. Just common sense. Deal with them directly first prior to bashing them on line. Usually gets results alot faster.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 260 Rem View Post
JB - Relax a bit, nothing slanderous, no bitching about the defect, not asking for anything...just an accurate accounting of my experience. You will note in post #4 that my only "complaint" was that the item could not be returned to the place of purchase for inspection. In that regard, I have now called "service" and they have requested a picture which I have sent. Seems like a reasonable request on the part of Lazy Boy, and certainly less onerous than requiring me to transport the chair to the west end which would take close to 1.5 hrs driving time.
Oh I'm relaxed. I just don't understand people that go to the internet first to bitch about a product before the situation is resolved.

Do u think this thread is helping your situation? Not likely..
Old 04-12-2017, 03:56 PM

Not worth the bother of small claims as I cannot prove that I made contact within the warranty period...and they say they have no record so it didn't happen.
Guess the only "satisfaction" I will get in this matter is the knowledge that I may help others from getting similarly burned. I thought I purchased a good quality product and never imagined that it would show signs of failure so soon. Nor did I anticipate that LB would take the position they did.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB_AOL View Post
Oh I'm relaxed. I just don't understand people that go to the internet first to bitch about a product before the situation is resolved.

Do u think this thread is helping your situation? Not likely..
Well, it is now resolved ...obviously to the satisfaction of Lazy Boy...other than they didn't get another $300.
I will be happy to bump the thread every month to share my experience.

Last edited by 260 Rem; 04-12-2017 at 04:04 PM.