Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-03-2013, 08:45 PM
Banned

Default Custom hearthpad builders

Looking for someone who custom builds hearthpads . Ardent Energy HF85-R is the stove looking to get one built for. Edmonton area preferred, if anyone knows someone or has had someone build a pad for them info is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 08-03-2013, 08:53 PM

For a thermal conductivity barrier that's fire proof use some Micore 300 board, but that will need to be covered with something that's durable, as Micore sure isn't. My hearth is two layers of Micore topped with a layer of hardi-backer and then slate over top of that. The Micore can be sourced at Upper Canada Forest Products; it has to be carried on edge as it won't support its own weight when carried flat.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:24 PM

I cant help with someone to do it but I used 1" thick slate slab for mine. It came in a 4x8 sheet cut it with dimond blade on skill saw. 4x8 slab is 4-500.00. Hard to transport and unload but easy to cut. Blanchette slate in Edmonton has slabs. And can custom cut as well.