Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-01-2013, 09:51 PM
Banned

Default Septic field install

Finally getting around to doing my rebuild on an acreage just out of town. For the forseeable future a septic system is a requirement. I realize that ground conditions is of prime importance. the few others that are building in the area, are having to go the mound route, which is where I would prob have to go as well. However, I am interested in the system that basically processes all the waste and expels water that the "makers" will drink. Am looking for any info and possible installers of either system...Thx.....
Old 08-02-2013, 09:44 AM

I think you are taslking something like this.
http://www.polywest.ca/zoeller-fusio...atment-system/
We just had our 33 year old 650 gallon septic tank replaced. The property is on its 3rd septic field. We looked at options other than puttting in the "old-style" concrete tank, and just couldn't justify them.
1500 gallon septic tank = $9600 installed
1500 gallon fiberglass digester = $13,000 installed
2000 gallon fiberglass 3 or 4 stage digester/aerator producing virtually drinking water quality water = $20,000 installed.

We can highly recommend talking to the people who did our work and spec'ed our options. PM me if you want their contanct info.

Vic
Old 08-02-2013, 07:57 PM

JC. 1500 gal fiberglass tank from claresolm, 2500, backhoe to dig and set it in,1100, load of pea gravel 450. Field done separately, infiltrator system, 160 feet of run, 2800. Done.

PS. This is west of didsbury.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:30 PM

Just make sure your field, mound or treatment plant is done right. We moved into a three year old home and our field failed on our second year. We are now putting in a mound at a cost of $15k; a treatment plant would have been $30k.

The guy (old home owners dad) that put in the old system did it all wrong (field too small and lines too deep). He also didn't pull a permit. A person has to be certified to do septic system in the county of GP now; but not 5 years ago. My wife and I have learnt a lot about septic systems since this happened.

Good luck.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:29 PM

Guys that put mine in screwed up big time and are no longer in business. So only 3 year old house and I'm getting mine totally redone at my expense..... Yaaaay