Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 04-26-2010, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
I expressed this exact sentiment to Rich Smith today over the phone. Unfortunately I don't think he saw it the same way I did. I hope I am wrong.
Thank you very much for doing so, if he doesn't seem interested in listing to you, maybe try some of your other reps. I'm afraid if Rich doesn't start to listen to that message, the fallout for ABP won't be pretty. You just have to read some of the idea's on here already, from boycotting Alberta Beef, tearing off bumper stickers etc. There are a lot of us who are holding back and giving ABP a chance to recant, because we know it isn't representing their members in this issue, but if it doesn't wake up, people are going to take action anyway.

Thanks again for making that call, hopefully the more calls he gets, he might eventually wake up. I really wonder if any other ABP issue has ever had their phones ringing this much?
Old 04-26-2010, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Guys, guys, hold on for a moment. We do NOT want to make this a media issue. Think of the general public. I may be wrong on this, but I think the average uninformed member of the public would say "What? you mean you can drive around in Alberta with a rifle between your legs? Holy crap! That should be illegal!"

Better to get the members to pressure their organization to withdraw the suggestion. Second best is to pressure SRD through our other organizations (Like AFGA) to not accept the proposal.
I agree with not getting the media involved just yet, as it could backfire. Most people out there that don't know much about firearms or hunting tend to err on the side of gun control if they don't know much about an issue. We need to pressure the thugs who are coming up with this stuff, and let them know that we are out there and a force to be reckoned with. We as hunters in this province are facing new threats to our sport every time we turn around. To sit around and do nothing about these threats will eventually cost us a lot of freedoms. Junk like this gets passed when good people sit around and do nothing to stop it. HFH just about got crammed down our throats, but fortunately the general hunting community got together and let the gov. know that we weren't bloody well gonna take it. We may disagree on a lot of things on this forum but as a general hunting community we need to agree to stand up and fight. One or two people sending emails or phone calls won't cut it. I am encouraged by the number of people participating in this thread who are taking active measures to shut this thing down. Keep it up........please!