Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-14-2017, 04:03 PM

Default Lock It Or Loose It

Just like it says my friends,,, lock it or Loose It.

Looks like a clown(s) attempted to try to hawk a chunk of junk ATV with out any luck what so ever.

They managed to get the tie down straps off the quad and the extra thick lock and chain off at the back of the unit,,, but the off loading didn't work since they couldn't get the 2 front locks and chains off at the front.

I bet they were wondering how the 4@!! any one could even reach up in there to get it lock.

Their next idea was to grab the 2 gas cans, but the quad had them jammed into place
Ha. Looks like they tried every thing they could trying to wiggle them out of there. No luck since they smoked way to much crack.

Looks like I'll need to step up my game plan if they or the next fecker head(s) show up.

The trick for me is to make it not worth there while,,, and put some challanges to it.

Next Clown(s) will get a chance to try the Orange paint poofer gag.

Pull to hard and they will hear the pin drop with a small BANG.

Nothing like walking or driving around in someone's stolen truck while dripping of paint.

I hope I'm the first to try this out since practic makes perfect. LOL.

Halloween to some folks is a short season, but my plan is to extend it to a all year thing.

No better gift then the gift of giving my dad said.

Hope they have safety glasses on when the paint cans go off.

Hope to find the all season stuff so it flys ever where.
Might be hard to remove from the truck box, but that's ok since the rewards will out weigh the good feelings knowing that kin-ship of sharing is what its all about.

Don

PS: if others know of fun pranks we can share with sticky finger clowns, please feel free to chime in,,, they need to be wize and safe since we want them to try their luck a few times at different locations.

Kinda like spreading the gifts out to fecker heads that aren't very sharp. LOL
Old 10-14-2017, 05:15 PM

Cool

x2 Whould like to see if others know of pranks we can share with sticky finger clowns, please feel free to chime in.
Old 10-14-2017, 07:33 PM
Banned

Careful with your booby traps info today's day and age you're just as liable to get charged with a crime as you are to have a few good laughs at a scumbags expense.
Old 10-14-2017, 07:36 PM
Banned

Lose*
Old 10-14-2017, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerThomson View Post
Careful with your booby traps info today's day and age you're just as liable to get charged with a crime as you are to have a few good laughs at a scumbags expense.
Exactly, if a thief gets paint in his eyes, you could face charges. This is how stupid our legal system has become.
Old 10-14-2017, 08:00 PM

Some funny vids out there on gags on bike thieves.
A bit of pain for the losers too, but it comes with the territory.

TBark
Old 10-14-2017, 09:12 PM

Wouldn't start a battle at your place of residence with nut jobs trying to steal your junk. Insure it, lock it up do your due diligence and let them break the laws. Next thing you know the guy with the paint in his eyes is burning down your house with you in it or makes a game out of making your life pure hell. Guys that are dumb enough to steal are dumb enough to do other things aswell.
Old 10-14-2017, 09:30 PM

Claymore. Poof game over. If only.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 10-14-2017, 09:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Claymore. Poof game over. If only.
X2
Old 10-15-2017, 06:19 AM

Yes, totally agree, one needs to be careful into day of age.

Who would of thought that the booster cables laying on the floor of the truck box would of snagged the quad when the clowns were pulling it back and the cans of survey paint arched out and went off. Ha.

That's only one of 1000's of things that could go side ways when the clowns show up.

This week the truck gets a few of those Loud Screening Alarms that work off the tug cords and disconcerting switch.
They could fall off the box side and get hurt, but like our cops said,,, "they wouldn't of got hurt had they not been trying to steal something at 2 am in the morning.
Guess I will need to get a few warning signs to attach to my old beater claiming that it is unsafe to work around the truck at night,,, and all personal need to fill out s JSA and BBO cards before the work shift begins.

Must be safe for sure.
Insurance for the """unexpected""" liabilities that happens in life is a wize idea.

Don
Old 10-15-2017, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 243 wild cat View Post
x2 Whould like to see if others know of pranks we can share with sticky finger clowns, please feel free to chime in.
Sugar in a small Gerry can of gas marked do not steal.

Or this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7U4ZYOBzEEs
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 10-15-2017, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Sugar in a small Gerry can of gas marked do not steal.

Or this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7U4ZYOBzEEs
Sugar does nothing, unless it is 1/2 sugar. Old wives tail. If you are going to purposely destroy a thief's engine you need to have something like battery acid in it or in the hose of an overhead fuel tank which is where most fuel is stolen from. People now just drill holes in vehicle fuel tanks, they are nylon so they can do it without even a drill. Few wraps of hockey tape on a 3/8" drill bit and silent fuel loss.

I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 10-15-2017, 11:03 AM

Good old Oh-kite 8.

4 drops in 5 gallons would most likely do the piston rings in with in a few miles on their stolen set of wheels. LOL might add a little extra for good measure.
The gift of giving I'm thinking.

How was I to know they were going to smoke it or get it or get in their eyes. Ha.

Don

Oh boy,
Old 10-15-2017, 12:45 PM

I read somewhere that one farmer on his outside locked marked fuel tanks, always had diesel in the gas tank and orange gas in the diesel tank. Only he new which had what but, the thief wouldn't know that.
Old 10-15-2017, 08:39 PM

Just talked to my security guy, he has those pull cord Screeming Alarms. Couple of those to get started.

Got the gas cans partly emptied, a little mix of the 8, and the do not steal logo. Ha.

Going to figure out something for the bear bangers to.
Nothing like getting those crack heads to poop their pants. LOL.

Don
Old 10-15-2017, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Hardin View Post
I read somewhere that one farmer on his outside locked marked fuel tanks, always had diesel in the gas tank and orange gas in the diesel tank. Only he new which had what but, the thief wouldn't know that.
Now that is the way to do it
Old 10-16-2017, 07:03 AM

fill one or two 20litre jugs with water, pour a litre of old gas on the top, will stop the thieves about a mile down the road, be a walkin. lol. always did that while working up north. usually saw an old war wagon on the way to jobsite. winter , add some antifreeze or windshield washer fluid.
Old 10-16-2017, 08:39 AM

Just saying...

http://icebearalarm.com/index.html
Old 10-16-2017, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guysmiley View Post
Now if that actually expelled shot, say 3-5 big pellets, and was a double barrell, and a nice wooden stock and selectible triggers it would be worth having!

Old 10-16-2017, 09:09 AM

I was thinking of putting a couple of those at my farm gate, I figure we might get a DNA sample from the perpetrator when they poop in their pants.

In an ideal world, it would be how Ken describes it.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:12 AM

Quote:
I was thinking of putting a couple of those at my farm gate, I figure we might get a DNA sample from the perpetrator when they poop in their pants.

In an ideal world, it would be how Ken describes it.
I prefer a Claymore. POOF pink mist, plant another bait vehicle.

Old 10-16-2017, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
I prefer a Claymore. POOF pink mist, plant another bait vehicle.
Yup .... lol ..... easy clean up.

It's not that tough to rake up the tattered bits of cloth, hair, larger bone fragments and teeth and stuff ......... the bird and rodents will clean up the rest.
Old 10-17-2017, 05:52 AM

Salt water in the bottom of the jerry can does a lot of corrosion damage and doesnt burn in the motor.
Old 10-17-2017, 07:16 AM

Quote:
^^^ I see something like this coming in handy
LOL.

Its getting harder and harder for for everyone to keep things buckled down, the clowns are going great lengths to get at what they can get there sticky fingers on.

I never thought we'd see this in our areas, but there is no safe places left on this planet as human nature isn't what it once was.

These clowns are pretty brazen my friend, keep the eyes open and expect the unexpected as things can happen pretty fast.

Being wize to this will "hopefully" put us a few steps ahead of their plans.

Don
Old 10-17-2017, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Hardin View Post
A friend of mine did this because of issues with fuel being stolen. First he bought a guard dog, but it was shot right in his yard. After switching the fuel tank labels, he did find a vehicle abandoned on his property, but when the RCMP contacted the registered owner of the vehicle, his response was that the vehicle was stolen.Everyone in the area suspected who the thieves were, and the vehicle being found confirmed they were correct, but nobody was able to prove it.