Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-16-2017, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Ah, I wondered when AK's brother-in-arms was going to show up.

Just kidding. I love you two.
And dont forger, these two Russkie saved the world from Nazis........

Note: this is a historical fact and not propaganda. ......
Old 10-16-2017, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostianych View Post
And dont forger, these two Russkie saved the world from Nazis........

Note: this is a historical fact and not propaganda. ......
I would sit and drink vodka with those dudes. They look cool.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 10-16-2017, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
http://www.newsweek.com/nolan-peters...nt-line-555141

Russian Troops Man Ukraine Rebels' Front Line

Interviews with Ukrainian military stating Russian soldiers man the front lines. Strong support from Russian military.

Caught Russians state they were there on their own and not supported by Russia. There on "holiday" helping out. Thousands of them. LOL.

This isn't US telling people amount WMD...this is about absolutely everything pointing to the fact Russia is in Ukraine...except Russian state media saying otherwise.

Even Russia is giving war medals to the dead in the Ukrainian war.

You can't honestly believe that there is no plan by Russia to support annexation of Ukraine via this conflict and that Russia has not been piling on the propaganda and helping out with troops and munitions. That Russia is doing nothing to support their war efforts.

Please. Don't make me chuckle while drinking coffee in the morning.
I am sorry, Sundance, I honestly tried to read the article, but saw Turchynov's face and gave up before I started. Anything from this dude, just like Poroshenko about Russians is just a predictable as ABV3's opinion on Green Energy, it's their bread and butter after all.
I'm kind of getting bored with the whole topic, don't think we can change each other's point of view anyway.
Just to summarize my point of view:

1. If there was an invasion (as Kiev claims to siphon more money from the West) - there would be ~50 000 troops in form of regular moto-rifle units with all regular heavy equipment in a very confined and constantly patrolled area (at least it was couple years ago) - and that just doesn't make sense to me it's like missing military parade in Moscow, with only FB pictures for evidence.

2. Sending 50 000 people without proper equipment and, more important structure, just doesn't make sense because you would get exactly the same result as giving AK-74s to locals who served their mandatory service. (I know 2 families from Donetsk, believe me, they just plain hate current government and many of their friends fight against it).

3. Simply put - dudes with rifles is not how modern army works and why it is effective, it's just dudes with rifles and many modern conflicts show that they can be effective too if motivated and fight for idea.

4. Pictures of old shaggy dudes, just don't resemble any 18-20 y/o guys one would usually expect to see in Russian Armed Forces - look at "green men" of Crimea - that's what I expect to see.

5. Usual argument is for some reason is that Putin is a bad dude, I do agree, but even if he is the worst monster ever and tortures fluffy puppies for sexual pleasure -it may very well be true, but it's irrelevant, it just doesn't make story of Russian invasion in Ukrainian any more believable.

Anyhow, I think we covered all Russia related possible topics, have a nice week.

PS. Don't forget to vote today, and if you don't like the results - you know whom to blame

Last edited by ak-71; 10-16-2017 at 12:46 PM.
Old 10-16-2017, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak-71 View Post
I am sorry, Sundance, I honestly tried to read the article, but saw Turchynov's face and gave up before I started. Anything from this dude, just like Poroshenko about Russians is just a predictable as ABV3's opinion on Green Energy, it's their bread and butter after all.
I'm kind of getting bored with the whole topic, don't think we can change each other's point of view anyway.
Just to summarize my point of view:

1. If there was an invasion (as Kiev claims to siphon more money from the West) - there would be ~50 000 troops in form of regular moto-rifle units with all regular heavy equipment in a very confined and constantly patrolled area (at least it was couple years ago) - and that just doesn't make sense to me it's like missing military parade in Moscow, with only FB pictures for evidence.

2. Sending 50 000 people without proper equipment and, more important structure, just doesn't make sense because you would get exactly the same result as giving AK-74s to locals who served their mandatory service. (I know 2 families from Donetsk, believe me, they just plain hate current government and many of their friends fight against it).

3. Simply put - dudes with rifles is not how modern army works and why it is effective, it's just dudes with rifles and many modern conflicts show that they can be effective too if motivated and fight for idea.

4. Pictures of old shaggy dudes, just don't resemble any 18-20 y/o guys one would usually expect to see in Russian Armed Forces - look at "green men" of Crimea - that's what I expect to see.

5. Usual argument is for some reason is that Putin is a bad dude, I do agree, but even if he is the worst monster ever and tortures fluffy puppies for sexual pleasure -it may very well be true, but it's irrelevant, it just doesn't make story of Russian invasion in Ukrainian any more believable.

Anyhow, I think we covered all Russia related possible topics, have a nice week.

PS. Don't forget to vote today, and if you don't like the results - you know whom to blame
You are missing the point.

Russia can't be in a war with Ukraine as it would be a war with the western world.

So instead he creates a proxy war between "elements" in Ukraine his propaganda machine created to make fearful argument that Russian Ukraines are in dire jeopardy.

Then he disproves of the "conflict" and calls it a civil war...however what a civil war is defined as is a battle between conflicting groups within the same country...

In this instance it is a conflict within Ukraine...exaggerated by Russia...fueled by Russian money, political backroom support and tons of weapons and troops...who are from Russia and just holidaying on their days off.

You can type out the Russian news version of events...however the entire western world does not believe Russian news and are all in alignment to the facts. So while you are aligned with Russian propaganda...I am not.

So who is Putin supporting for Calgary mayor?

Imagine what would happen if France sent holidaying soldiers to Canada to fight for Quebec independence and sent over weapons and started a propaganda war?

Yes...I know... Most in western Canada would let Quebec take Lower Canada back with their share of the debt in an instance...however...you get my point.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin