Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-18-2024, 07:45 PM

Thank you all for the replies and responses. My choice of 7-08 was never in doubt, having used it since the early '80s on everything up to and including elk. It was good, however, to see how many felt the same way about this amazing round. There was only one lone dissenter, and I appreciate his view as well.

My interest in starting the thread was more to get a feel for what others' experiences were with the 3 loads that I listed. I was very happy
to see that so many had positive results with the 139 Interlocks, but especially, the 120 TTSXs. Your experiences and opinions have greatly helped in my decision as to to firearm/load combo. My thanks and appreciation to all.

So, my primary rifle will be the aforementioned Montana in 7-08. In case I should have a problem with that rifle, my back up, will be a Kimber Classic Select, also in 7-08. Both shoot the 139 Interlocks and the 120 TTSXs inside an inch.

As far as the meat, it looks like whatever my buddy can't fit in his truck, I'll have to pay for as extra baggage on my flight.

Again, thank you all.

Last edited by eaglemountainman; 03-18-2024 at 08:08 PM.