Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-19-2018, 02:03 PM

Default Phone use

I wonder about some feedback..
I find phone use.
text or FB when visiting as a slight on the host? I only step in at meal times as a no electronic zone. if you see this (unless it meal time) please give some feedback.
Old 06-19-2018, 03:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottik9 View Post
I wonder about some feedback..
I find phone use.
text or FB when visiting as a slight on the host? I only step in at meal times as a no electronic zone. if you see this (unless it meal time) please give some feedback.
I agree. It's a bone of contention (that I win) with my two sons (14 & 17). We'll meet someone for coffee or dinner and they would immediately have their faces buried in a phone.
No way Jose!
They are old enough now to realize it is disrespectful. I'm amazed when I'll go to a not inexpensive restaurant and see a couple, dropping $100 for a meal and they are each engrossed 1/2 the time on an electronic device.
If you find each other that boring might be time to look for a new person to date.
Old 06-19-2018, 03:18 PM

Obviously
Old 06-19-2018, 07:38 PM

I agree, not a fan of it. The wife had her friend over and she brought her husband. For a good part of the evening me and my wife had a visit while they were oblivious to our conversation due to being on their phones the whole time.

Come dinner time the lady who was visiting said she loved pizza but hated crust. I had to watch this vial being eat just the toppings off our home made pizza's and leave the ENTIRE crust on her plate then seem frustrated that she was still hungry because we only made two large pizza's for 4 people! I'm not talking just the 'handle' part of the crust, she didn't even eat the bottom just cheese,meat and a bit of sauce.

I told my wife we were never having them over again.

It came off as rude on all levels.

How many times have you guys choked down food that wasn't good just to make the host feel better? I know I have. Like the time the wife drug me along to a Backyard BBQ having pizza BUT it was glucose/dairy/meat free pizza! I ate 3 pieces and said it was good.

Sorry for the rant, rude guests just reminded me of the things I have done to try and be a good guest. This is why I like to stay home.