Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-19-2018, 12:59 PM

Default Looking for a left handed Machinist (Calgary Area)

Hello:
Grasping at straws here, but here goes nothing!
I met a man who shot at the homestead range just outside of Calgary. He was full of energy and only guessing him to be in his late 60’s early 70’s. This was just before they closed the public site-in 100 m range about two years ago.
I was lead to believe he was a machinist and left handed as we spent a few some time talking about a left-handed action he had tooled up. He was full of life and excited about it. I would really like to get a hold of him to see if he would be interested in helping me with a left handed project.

The only thing I have to go off is his vigor for life and his quest for things to work better than how they came. (like any Machinist) I can only guess he’s left handed as he had a left handed 700 clone that worked better than anything at the range that day including my savage....lol. He was wearing the classic bright orange safety helmet with attached hearing protection no visor. I have included a link to what they looked like.(https://www.indiamart.com/proddetail...137309148.html)

If anyone has an idea of who he is. Please have him contact me here
ljpring@shaw.ca

Thank you everyone!

Lindsay
Old 06-19-2018, 09:40 PM

Probably the guy from cactus machining.? If so he passed away an few years ago