Old 06-17-2018, 02:01 PM
Banned

I don't believe in lottery
Old 06-17-2018, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pare View Post
I don't believe in lottery
You would if suddenly $1 million was gifted to you if you
walked into a store being the millionth customer awarded prize..
Old 06-18-2018, 07:26 AM

Rigged so that most wins are in Ontario and Quebec. The odd win in other provinces just to make it look good. Call it transfer payments if you will.

Gonna get me a 16" perch.
Old 06-18-2018, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim473 View Post
Rigged so that most wins are in Ontario and Quebec. The odd win in other provinces just to make it look good. Call it transfer payments if you will.
One might think that based on seeing more wins from those provinces, but it averages out quite evenly by population/ tickets sold. Quebec and Ontario have such higher populations that it’s going to happen and give off that impression . I think Quebec also tends to buy more tickets per capita.

The lottery takes great measures to ensure fairness, they employ a team of investigators (mostly former police) to check into things. Common cheat scenarios are with ticket vendors who might tell someone that they won a smaller amount than they really did, pay that person a modest $100 or so and then claim the full prize through a proxy (spouse, relative, etc). They keep a close eye on the vendors.

Another common tactic is a person who has a legitimate win but decides it’s a good time to leave their spouse and not let them know of the win, making the claim months after the break up close to the 1 year window for the claim. This will also generally be found out, but if it is not noted prior to payout the other spouse will generally get their half through the courts. For larger wins the claimant has to sign a release which states details about their marital or common law status, or if anyone else might have a claim to a share of the winnings (group buy with friends or family, office pool, etc) if their statement was a lie then it will work against them in court and they’d wind up with less than had they simply paid those other parties their shares, because now they’ll also be out legal fees for their own defense and the others will still receive their fair share.

People claiming larger prizes may also be asked if they recall which store they bought the ticket at, sometimes these things can have relevance. On occasion for unclaimed prizes they might even find out who the winner was by teaming up with the store that sold the winning ticket and cross checking till reciepts and security camera footage to match the time the ticket was sold. This might tie to a debit or credit card or even a store loyalty program. I will often buy lottery when fuelling up at co-op, they’d be able to match that winning ticket to the till purchase time and my co-op # and award me a prize even if I had lost the ticket. It could be muddied up if numerous tickets were printed for people lined up at both tills, but it would be narrowed down from the population of Canada to perhaps 4 people max. That could be cross checked with security video though, if it’s retained that long.
Old 06-18-2018, 03:50 PM

[QUOTE=zabbo;3772000]Not actually 6/49. They are western lotto max and regular lotto max. [/QUOTE

I have two here now just like those ones
we you play both & pick your numbers
the quick picks below are the same sets of numbers
I thought it was weird at first but happens every time I get them

Orv
Old 06-18-2018, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
One might think that based on seeing more wins from those provinces, but it averages out quite evenly by population/ tickets sold. Quebec and Ontario have such higher populations that it’s going to happen and give off that impression . I think Quebec also tends to buy more tickets per capita.

The lottery takes great measures to ensure fairness, they employ a team of investigators (mostly former police) to check into things. Common cheat scenarios are with ticket vendors who might tell someone that they won a smaller amount than they really did, pay that person a modest $100 or so and then claim the full prize through a proxy (spouse, relative, etc). They keep a close eye on the vendors.

Another common tactic is a person who has a legitimate win but decides it’s a good time to leave their spouse and not let them know of the win, making the claim months after the break up close to the 1 year window for the claim. This will also generally be found out, but if it is not noted prior to payout the other spouse will generally get their half through the courts. For larger wins the claimant has to sign a release which states details about their marital or common law status, or if anyone else might have a claim to a share of the winnings (group buy with friends or family, office pool, etc) if their statement was a lie then it will work against them in court and they’d wind up with less than had they simply paid those other parties their shares, because now they’ll also be out legal fees for their own defense and the others will still receive their fair share.

People claiming larger prizes may also be asked if they recall which store they bought the ticket at, sometimes these things can have relevance. On occasion for unclaimed prizes they might even find out who the winner was by teaming up with the store that sold the winning ticket and cross checking till reciepts and security camera footage to match the time the ticket was sold. This might tie to a debit or credit card or even a store loyalty program. I will often buy lottery when fuelling up at co-op, they’d be able to match that winning ticket to the till purchase time and my co-op # and award me a prize even if I had lost the ticket. It could be muddied up if numerous tickets were printed for people lined up at both tills, but it would be narrowed down from the population of Canada to perhaps 4 people max. That could be cross checked with security video though, if it’s retained that long.
And that's why I came home last Sunday morning and told the wife "I just won the lottery, $12! Here's $6 - get out!"

Ha ha ha.... 😂

J.
Old 06-19-2018, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post

Do you believe everything the Gov tells you ? Just kidding.

Gonna get me a 16" perch.