Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 12-04-2016, 09:41 AM

So going to kind of lay it out on the line here,so I do apologize. After a few brutally failed hunting buddy's, I am looking for a new buddy.

Bit about myself first. I am 35/male living in deep s.e calgary and married. Incase of old buddy's on here I will leave it at that for the time being.

I am looking for a buddy around same age, and lives somewhat close. Can be a seasoned hunter or a newbie, does not matter. I am looking for someone to get out soon with coyote hunting and get some door knocking done to find some permission and get into great for next year season as I have had 3 bad seasons in a row now. I would like to hunt deer, elk and anything else possible as well as game birds. I would love to explore camping and hunting as well, as I hope to get outfitters tent soon. I would also love the idea of horseback hunting and I do have access to a couple horses.

A buddy that ice fish's in the winter would also be ideal.

I'm looking for someone to go for beers with, and wing nights during the year. And just an all around good friend.

Let me know if you are interested!
Old 12-05-2016, 04:37 AM

New to the Canmore area and keen to get out this winter/spring after an uneventful fall. I'm 33, family, meat hunter, don't hunt anything I wouldnt eat. Spot/ stalk, blinds, long range, whatever. I have guns, gear, a beat up 4x4 that goes anywhere, and some experience. I'd be up for some foothills hunting this spring, pm me.
Old 12-05-2016, 02:46 PM

Hi my name's Dee,

I should be getting my PAL in early January 2017 and want to be ahead of the game looking for a Hunting partner for the 2017 season, who is willing to show me the ropes. I'm a 45 year old first time female hunter. I've been in Canada 8 years arriving from the UK that many years ago on Christmas Eve. If you want to know more about me or feel that you'd like to help a newby out please Private message me. I live near Edmonton.

Thanks

Last edited by dwyldethang; 12-05-2016 at 02:53 PM.
Old 12-26-2016, 02:38 PM

Looking for someone in my age bracket 55-60 to take an experienced hunter inexperienced at coyote/wolf hunting. Willing to learn. Have all my own equipment. Tika243 or my Tika7mm08. Looking for someone that's willing to get out of their or my truck , do some walking, calling etc. mostly hunt in the Rocky area. Very safety orintated, have advanced first aid. Reasonably fit non smoker.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 12-30-2016, 07:44 PM

Hey Guys my name is Wes, I'm 28, a welder and have had my PAL/RPAL for a few years and just got my Hunting License so I'm looking for a mentor. I'm located in Edmonton Alberta.
I am interested in hunting coyotes, black bear, mule and white tail deer, all upland birds and waterfowl, hare, pretty much anything. I would also love to learn how to fish properly as I was never any good at it, and I've never tried ice fishing.
I currently own a Winchester '94 .30-30 and reload my own ammo for it, and I have a Ruger SR10-22. I'd like to eventually get a .300WSM so I could expand into bigger game once I have some skills.
I'd even love to just go gopher hunting if you want someone to shoot with.
Thanks

-Wes
Old 01-01-2017, 10:08 PM

Default I'm looking

Hi,

The thread asks to give a description, so here it is:

I've been hunting my whole life. I have had successful experiences hunting deer, bear, elk, antelope, moose, waterfowl, and upland birds. I don't claim to know a lot. To tell you the truth I learn so much every time I go out that I know I have a long way to go until I get to where I want to be.

I'm 54 and I live in the States in Washington state. I'm moving back home to Montana soon. I've never hunted in Alberta yet, but I've wanted to my whole life. I think it's time to get started. I'm fit and have no problem with a good hike. I have a good retriever.

I'm an engineer with a happy home life. I don't do any drugs and although I don't smoke or drink, I'm not the type who cares if my hunting partner drinks (just not with guns involved of course . I don't have a preference for age or gender, and I have no problem mentoring new hunters if they would like to be mentored.

Message me if you'd like to chat about hunting for some elk, moose, deer, and other critters in Alberta.

Thank you
Old 01-09-2017, 09:37 PM

Default Looking for someone that wants to take me hunting

Hi guys,

I'm a 29 year old dutch guy, gonna be around banff for a few months.
Would love to go hunting with someone that has the gear and experience.
I'm a laidback guy, loves a beer and share experiences.
Hope that anyone would like to go out hunting for a day and have a good time!
Send me a message if you're interested.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:35 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm a 26 year old male living in central Alberta looking to get into bow hunting. I've been practicing with my compound bow for a few months and seeking a hunting buddy nearby me, preferably another archer.
While I'm not new to adventuring in the wilderness, I'm pretty green when it comes to hunting animals.
If you've got some experience or looking for a partner, please let me know!
Thanks,
Ryan

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 01-17-2017, 05:03 PM

Default Hunting Partner

Hello Fowlmisser,
My name is Burhan Kadri. I am an Engineer and an Industrial Electrician by trade. I work in a Manufacturing Plant.I live in Calgary Alberta. I do not smoke or drink. I am a family guy , proud father of 2 girls 12 and 9. I have been a Hiker all my life.
Started hunting in 2016 , thoroughly enjoy the experience! Still waiting to harvest my first deer :-(
Would love to have a mentor and really eager to learn!
You are welcome to come to Alberta anytime :-).
Hope to hear from you soon.

Burhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlmisser View Post
Hi,

The thread asks to give a description, so here it is:

I've been hunting my whole life. I have had successful experiences hunting deer, bear, elk, antelope, moose, waterfowl, and upland birds. I don't claim to know a lot. To tell you the truth I learn so much every time I go out that I know I have a long way to go until I get to where I want to be.

I'm 54 and I live in the States in Washington state. I'm moving back home to Montana soon. I've never hunted in Alberta yet, but I've wanted to my whole life. I think it's time to get started. I'm fit and have no problem with a good hike. I have a good retriever.

I'm an engineer with a happy home life. I don't do any drugs and although I don't smoke or drink, I'm not the type who cares if my hunting partner drinks (just not with guns involved of course . I don't have a preference for age or gender, and I have no problem mentoring new hunters if they would like to be mentored.

Message me if you'd like to chat about hunting for some elk, moose, deer, and other critters in Alberta.

Thank you
Old 01-23-2017, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco0bell View Post
Hi guys,

I'm a 29 year old dutch guy, gonna be around banff for a few months.
Would love to go hunting with someone that has the gear and experience.
I'm a laidback guy, loves a beer and share experiences.
Hope that anyone would like to go out hunting for a day and have a good time!
Send me a message if you're interested.
You are aware Banff is a national park and they frown on day hunting
Old 01-31-2017, 03:57 PM
Banned

Default winter camp

I would like some company. I have all the light gear for comfortable winter camping and hiking. Like to hunt small game.
Old 02-01-2017, 01:00 PM

Hi there.

My name is Chris. I'm 45, a teacher, married with 4 children (two grown, two still at home 16 and 9). I live in Strathmore (East of Calgary). I enjoy relaxing with a beer at the end of the day, I don't smoke, but I don't mind a hunting partner that does. Looking for a mature and knowledgeable hunting partner to be a mentor. I am willing to do some legwork getting landowner/lessee permission, etc. But I am open to unoccupied public land hunting as well. I don't mind hiking/rough terrain, but I do need to get my fitness back to where it used to be.

I just passed my AHEIA course and hope to try hunting in the fall. I am interested in hunting for meat, rather than trophies/fur, and interested in hunting deer, elk, moose, and Merriam's turkey if I ever get drawn. I am into in bow hunting, and want to hunt with my recurve bow (I have no problem hunting with a compound archer) rather than a rifle. Looking to learn spot and stalk, treestand, blind, whatever. Shoot me a pm, or reply on here and I'd love to chat.
Old 02-01-2017, 09:29 PM

Default Newbie to hunting

Hey all,

Seeking experienced hunting mentor/partner.
Ex -Military @ 37 years young , new to hunting, not new to the outdoors. Went out last fall with an experienced hunter just for the experience. Ended up not getting anything but the experience was more than worth it. I own my own rifles (1943 Russian Mosin Nagant 91/30, Russian SKS, and .22 magnum) Sorry but I love old Military stuff. Not hunters certified yet but planning on it when I can. (just was recently laid off due to downturn in Construction, but now just started a new job). Living in the extreme south Calgary area. Looking to hunt white tail and Rufted grouse. Looking to hunt areas west of Black Diamond or west of Cochrane when I do become certified. For now looking to gaining as much experience as I can learning how to butcher and skinning the deer. Not afraid of hands on. Can and willing to be a two legged pack mule for trade for learning how butcher and skin without wasting the animal. Willing to help out on farm or ranch in exchange for learning. (must earn it to learn it).
Also not opposed to hunting the vicious gophers either in exchange for learning either.

Viking Caliber

Last edited by Viking Caliber; 02-01-2017 at 09:42 PM. Reason: need to add info
Old 02-20-2017, 12:22 AM

Default Hare partner.

Looking for someone to hunt hare or rabbit with. I normally hunt 412 and know of some high traffic spots but have yet to bag one. From the canmore area so kanaskis and other areas are fine by me. Looking for some one who knows what to do and wouldnt mind giving me some pointers of how to turn lots of tracks into game. Wouldnt turn down gopher hunting either.

Im 19, have a bolt action .22lr and i play by the rules. If you fit in the grey zone of ethical, legal, or safe hunting we probably wont mesh. If you want to meet up before fpr coffee or somthing thats fine by me.
Old 02-22-2017, 04:09 PM

Default single dad intrested in learning how to hunt.

good day every one i am a single dad from the caribbean and been in alberta 9 years i always love hunting but never could find anyone who willing to help me throught the paper work so i can hunt with out no prob. i love the out doors and looking to make friends who also into hunting i will like someone to help me get the right paper work and anyone who willing to take me out to hunt small game so i can feen my son in this tough times in alberta so far i have my WIN card and will like some one to guide me throught the other stepts so if anyone williong to teach a caribbean boy hunting and be a mentor in hunting let me know

PM ME if u willing to be my friend and show me the ropes
Old 02-22-2017, 10:12 PM

Default Mountain Hunting/Fishing

Hey everyone

I live in the Calgary area and am interested in meeting some individuals who enjoy backpack mountain hunting in the back country. I am 26 and am a working professional as an accountant in the logistics industry. I have all of my own gear etc. I am not a super experienced hunter but have been enjoying the outdoors my entire life camping, fishing salmon as well trout around Vancouver Island. Looking for like minded mature individuals who are interested in fitness and back country backpacking. My interests are mostly in fishing as well as hunting deer and elk but I am really interested to any hunting/back country opportunities. Send me a PM if your interested in meeting up to get to know each other.

Thanks!
Old 02-23-2017, 10:30 AM

Looking for a hunting and possibly fishing partner.

54 yrs, live in Edmonton area, don't smoke and have a fair bit of experience rifle and some bow hunting as well as big into fishing west coast.
Like to get out as much as possible in the fall for Deer, Moose and Elk and calling wolves in the winter. Enjoy hiking around the bush, doing spot and stalk, getting up high and glassing and have sat in a tree for days.
Keep all my gear in good working order. Pick-up, quad, rifles etc.
Will travel pretty much any where to get out.
Have never been on a guided hunt as I like doing all required myself, but have recently been considering such a hunt.
Also, as we all know these hobbies are not cheap and each of us need to be able to fund our own needs as well split any costs incurred one way or the other. Fuel, lodging, Groc. etc. No free rides and no one to expect a free ride we all pay our own way.

PM me.
Old 02-26-2017, 02:09 PM

Hi there is there any hunters in edmonton willing to mentore a newbie i want to pratice shooting b4 i get my pal anyone know where i can do for free or at a good price

Plus still looking ro make new hunting buddies have met a couple nice guys on here but yet to meet in person

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Old 03-01-2017, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadri View Post
Hello Fowlmisser,
My name is Burhan Kadri. I am an Engineer and an Industrial Electrician by trade. I work in a Manufacturing Plant.I live in Calgary Alberta. I do not smoke or drink. I am a family guy , proud father of 2 girls 12 and 9. I have been a Hiker all my life.
Started hunting in 2016 , thoroughly enjoy the experience! Still waiting to harvest my first deer :-(
Would love to have a mentor and really eager to learn!
You are welcome to come to Alberta anytime :-).
Hope to hear from you soon.

Burhan
Hi new hunter here single dad i dont own any gubs or bow but looking for a good hunter as a mentor i live in edmonton alberta and never been to usa

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Old 03-04-2017, 01:10 PM

Default Red Deer area hunting buddy.

I am a 50+ male with a few years of hunting deer under my belt. Put my guns away for 20 years and now they are ready to come out. Looking for someone in the Red Deer area that is willing to show me the ropes with coyote hunting.
Old 03-08-2017, 10:51 AM

Hello,

My name is Triffan, pretty new to hunting but looking to take down my first buck come fall. As of right now I am solely into bow hunting but that may change by the time the rifle season starts.

Looking for someone who enjoys spot and stalk as well as blind hunting. Maybe going on my first bear hunt this spring just to get a feel for it.

Pretty laid back and just go with the flow. Up for any challenge as long as I have enough time to do some research and I know what I'm getting myself into.

Oh yeah, and Im the sales manager at Wholesale sports in Calgary, so I have that going for me.

Cheers!

SUN TZU
Old 03-10-2017, 11:51 PM

30 y/o male from calgary, don't smoke, do drugs, or anything stupid. Looking for a snow goose partner/group who has decoys. I'm willing to pay the gas and setup for a few trips. I'm willing to drive for a good hunt.

did a couple goose trips this fall, and have a layout. Let me know, I'd love to get a couple good shoots in as this fall isn't looking good with a baby due in august.

Thanks
Old 03-24-2017, 01:13 PM

Hey everybody,

Name is Dan, 25 years old and grew up in beautiful Canmore. I have only been hunting a few years but it has become an all consuming passion. I am mostly self taught but have been successful with mule and whitetail deer with both bow and rifle, as well as turkeys, small game, and duck.

Growing up in the mountains, I am an avid outdoorsman. I love hiking hard and don't mind putting miles on my boots to get into game. I work hard all year to be sure I'm in shape for hunting season. If I'm not in the field I am looking at maps, researching strategy and planning my next hunt.

I have been in BC for the last two years but looking forward to getting back home this spring. I am interested in all types of game, big and small, and I'm hoping this year someone can introduce me to pheasants.

Since I began hunting I have inspired many others to do the same, as such I have many inexperienced folks to hunt with and am looking for someone with more experience that I can learn from. I like hanging out with older guys and wouldn't mind being an extra backpack on a mountain hunt in order to learn something. I have all my own gear, a solid 4x4 and the drive to do it.
Old 03-24-2017, 03:38 PM

Seeking a hunting buddy for spring bears.
29 yr old welder/farmer.
I have established bait sites 2 hours from Edmonton to the stand seat.
Must be respectful and trustworthy.
I drink and smoke respectfully.
I Like backwoods camping, whitetail and elk hunting, I usually try to camp for a week near the location.
Looking for somebody who can haul some goodies in on a few occasions when I am unable to.
And ultimately harvest yourself a black bear (or colored bear).
Will require a 4x4 truck, a rifle, and good bush skills.
Common sense and a sense of humor isn't a bad thing either.
Would like to deal with the more seasoned crowd for this reason.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Old 03-24-2017, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slivers86 View Post
30 y/o male from calgary, don't smoke, do drugs, or anything stupid. Looking for a snow goose partner/group who has decoys. I'm willing to pay the gas and setup for a few trips. I'm willing to drive for a good hunt.

did a couple goose trips this fall, and have a layout. Let me know, I'd love to get a couple good shoots in as this fall isn't looking good with a baby due in august.

Thanks
Hey buddy, also looking for a snow goose partner/group if you had room for one more. I have the same values, 28 and from YYC. Don't have any decoys to contribute unfortunately.
Old 03-24-2017, 10:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by polishprojectile View Post
Hey buddy, also looking for a snow goose partner/group if you had room for one more. I have the same values, 28 and from YYC. Don't have any decoys to contribute unfortunately.
Too bad you live in Calgary, I assume you are Polish by your username? I have a group of Polish hunters here in Edmonton that go on many hunts together.
Old 03-26-2017, 11:54 PM

Default Gopher and Coyote Hunting

Met a few good people off this site and took them gopher hunting the past weeks on the 4 quarters I have autho to shoot on.
Had a great time as the rodents just started to pop out their holes. Taking them at 40 to 90 yards. Pics are with the 17hmr.

Any good people wanting to work on their target practice and help a farmer exterminate gophers, hit me up.

There's also opportunity for Coyotes. I'm new to that and would love some help from experienced people.

Rules
-Respect each other and the land
-Adhere to the rules of your PAL - Had a few ricochets head my way too often last -year and didn't bring those guys back after repeated warnings.
-.22 and smaller caliber
- Safe fun

We split a case of beers and South African beef jerky for the farmer as a form of gratitude every 2-3 times we head out.

Last edited by threeforthree; 10-28-2019 at 05:13 PM.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqr8 View Post
Met a few good people off this site and took them gopher hunting the past weeks on the 4 quarters I have autho to shoot on.
Had a great time as the rodents just started to pop out their holes. Taking them at 40 to 90 yards. Pics are with the 17hmr.

Any good people wanting to work on their target practice and help a farmer exterminate gophers, hit me up.

There's also opportunity for Coyotes. I'm new to that and would love some help from experienced people.

Rules
-Respect each other and the land
-Adhere to the rules of your PAL - Had a few ricochets head my way too often last -year and didn't bring those guys back after repeated warnings.
-.22 and smaller caliber
- Safe fun

We split a case of beers and South African beef jerky for the farmer as a form of gratitude every 2-3 times we head out.
Hi, where abouts are you hunting? I don't have a .22 yet but I will by next year hopefully you'll still be willing to help a new hunter out. If so i'll message you when I'm all sorted with the.22.

Thanks
Old 03-29-2017, 12:25 PM

I am in edmonton and will love for some one to show me thw rops go hunring for any thing and to learn doing my pal on sunday

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
Old 03-31-2017, 04:31 AM

The quarters are in Airdrie.