Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-14-2014, 06:34 PM

Default Is Prentice falling on his own sword?

Even mentioning the bringing of Steven Mandel into his cabinet smells of Political suicide. The man with silver balls, useless bike lanes, potholes, no snow removal, this man was liberal through and through.
Didn't he bring all the countries police chiefs together to fight against, Harper's plan to abolish the long gun registry.
He's always smelt liberal to me.
This maybe the death knell for this conservative government. Hopefully wildrose will form our next conservative government.
Old 09-14-2014, 07:52 PM

Yeah, not clearing snow is the definition of liberal...
Mandel won every election he ran in.
I don't think bringing him on is "political suicide."
Probably the opposite.
Old 09-14-2014, 08:28 PM

Mandel will be the leader of the Alberta PC party some day.

The PC party is a mess. One can only hope that the next election will purge the party of the old boys club members. It's the only way it will happen.

Mandel is going to win a seat in this election and will ride the storm out to someday become the leader and attempt to straighten things out.

If Mandel was running in my riding I would consider voting for him regardless of which party he ran for. Honest and hard working guy who sticks to his guns. Seems like a guy who is genuine and in politics to make a difference, not for his own benefit.

Looking forward to the next election......
Old 09-14-2014, 08:34 PM

Prentice is busy loading the offices up with oil and gas people.... You just need edmonton and calgary, mandy to get edmonton and the oil hats for calgary. Prentice is harper koolaid for the other voters they need in alberta.

Nothing is changing. Always falls back to the best government money can buy here in alberta.
Old 09-14-2014, 08:42 PM
Banned

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2013/06/2...r-is-installed

Mandel made me miss Bill Smith. (but not Jan Reimer)
Old 09-14-2014, 09:35 PM

IMO Mandel is as red as they come. Never cared for him and that is likely why. What is it with Prentice appointing all these liberals to work for him?
Old 09-14-2014, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashi View Post
Even mentioning the bringing of Steven Mandel into his cabinet smells of Political suicide. The man with silver balls, useless bike lanes, potholes, no snow removal, this man was liberal through and through.
Didn't he bring all the countries police chiefs together to fight against, Harper's plan to abolish the long gun registry.
He's always smelt liberal to me.
This maybe the death knell for this conservative government. Hopefully wildrose will form our next conservative government.
I think getting Mandel on board appeals to his Liberal base. He has to swing to the left enough to get enough votes. Edmonton is crucial to Prentice, and Mandel has cache.
Old 09-14-2014, 09:49 PM

Don't know the stripes but every time he opened his moth he was asking for more money. Who knows, Alberta tax, higher taxes, he would be the guy. Certainly never spent it fixing potholes.
Old 09-14-2014, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidderman View Post
Don't know the stripes but every time he opened his moth he was asking for more money. Who knows, Alberta tax, higher taxes, he would be the guy. Certainly never spent it fixing potholes.
I just read that property tax went up 50% in ten years he was mayor.

During his reign the debt of Edmonton went up 700% to nearly 3 billion!!!!

I'm going to take back my previous statement about supporting him (and feel shame)
Old 09-14-2014, 10:35 PM

A voter enlightened by research is the bane of the liberals.

Conversely an ignorant voter is a liberals best ally. I truly believe if liberal supporters actually bothered to research anything there'd be no liberal voters.
Old 09-14-2014, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAlta View Post
I just read that property tax went up 50% in ten years he was mayor.

During his reign the debt of Edmonton went up 700% to nearly 3 billion!!!!

I'm going to take back my previous statement about supporting him (and feel shame)
HAHAHA I was about to quote your first response. You should see what kind of real estate deals he was in on during his reign of terror. It was all for his benefit, never the citizens of Edmonton.
Old 09-14-2014, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMOA View Post
HAHAHA I was about to quote your first response. You should see what kind of real estate deals he was in on during his reign of terror. It was all for his benefit, never the citizens of Edmonton.
Agree he was about as slimy a politican as they come. Any small bit of Conservative blue I had remaining left as soon as a heard Mandel's name
Old 09-14-2014, 11:10 PM

I'm hoping he takes His Purpleness Nenshi into his flock of Hammerheads...
I think all of Alberta should share in Calgary's pain...Food Trucks anyone?
Old 09-14-2014, 11:19 PM
Banned

Default post#11

What you have expressed is true in my view.
The city will pay for his legacy.

He is a good lobbyist but in my view wasn’t balanced.

Money is honey and I believe he was always first .
Old 09-15-2014, 07:33 AM

With all the hurtin the P C as done ,,,i bet P C ,,they get in again next election,
Old 09-15-2014, 12:59 PM

Just maybe Jim Prentice is planning on using Steven Mandel as a reverse barometer.
Old 09-15-2014, 05:20 PM
Banned

I would like to go back to Sashi's OP and ask some questions.

Is "No Mandate Mandell" going to turn half of the QE2 turned into a bike lane?

Are silver balls going to be hanging from the Red Deer overpass on QE 2 like Christmas decorations?

And who needs to have those roads plowed in the winter. Ride your bicycle to town? High Level is a great place for bicycles in January.

Mayor Mandy is now the Health Minister. Will a bicycle in every hospital solve our health care problems?

A person with no mandate being a gun banner? Strike Five Prentice.

I did not vote for you.
Old 09-15-2014, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greylynx View Post

Are silver balls going to be hanging from the Red Deer overpass on QE 2 like Christmas decorations?

And who needs to have those roads plowed in the winter. Ride your bicycle to town? High Level is a great place for bicycles in January.

Mayor Mandy is now the Health Minister. Will a bicycle in every hospital solve our health care problems?

I did not vote for you.
health minister eh... maybe he will give out exclusive coupons for Rexall pharmacy's .. ...
Old 09-15-2014, 07:05 PM

Default Mandel

How do you trust a man who wears a bowtie like a clown? I mean, honestly, If I walked into my favorite watering hole one night and saw a dude wearing a bowtie I'd be a might bit sketchy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg images.jpg (13.2 KB, 4 views)
Old 09-16-2014, 01:30 PM

More like taking a belly flop high dive on to it.

His Cheif of staff is another old liberal.

He should have veered sharply to the right.....instead he has turned farther left than Redford was. Maybe it's all about election strategy to acquire the left votes from Edmonton. But we can see how that well that worked in the end for Redford......you appeal to the left, you then have to govern like a liberal.....and alienate all of the right.

I think Prentice has spent too much time in Ottawa.

No party with Mandel in it, is getting my vote.
Old 09-16-2014, 01:50 PM
Banned

My greatest fear is that he's reading the "new" Alberta electorate more accurately than many Albertans are.
Old 09-16-2014, 02:27 PM

Anybody here realize the demographic here isn't the one that needs appeased? Rug is on to something
Old 09-16-2014, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
My greatest fear is that he's reading the "new" Alberta electorate more accurately than many Albertans are.
I fear you may be right.

Apparently in the recent federal by-election here the ( ) libs came in first in the city itself, the rural regions saved our butts! That may show up when this riding gets split into 2 for the next election.

There is becoming a greater and greater divide between city and rural, city folks being more and more lib / ndp and rural being more conservative. Unfortunately the cities are becoming more 'vote' powerful and the politicians know it so that's who they pander to.
Old 09-16-2014, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
Yeah, not clearing snow is the definition of liberal...
Mandel won every election he ran in.
I don't think bringing him on is "political suicide."
Probably the opposite.
x2
Old 09-16-2014, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMOA View Post
Yup got the city center airport shutdown. So his real estate developer buddies can go ahead and build high risers in what was the flight paths for air traffic. Check out the 36 floor Pearl and more coming. He will make nothing but money now.
Old 09-16-2014, 05:03 PM

Default Mandel in office?

I was hoping for Howie but either is good at making jokes. Unfortunately Stephens were on the City of Edmonton.
Old 09-16-2014, 05:05 PM

Default More likely?

Quote:
Originally Posted by greylynx View Post

I did not vote for you.
5% of the budget for all new hospital construction must be spent on "art". That will make all the patients feel much better about their long waits for a spot (?). Though, maybe, they can just borrow the "art" from the $88M monstrosity in Edmonton that almost no one ever enters, and that we now have to heavily subsidize for operations (?). Thanks Steve.
Old 09-16-2014, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmedlap View Post
5% of the budget for all new hospital construction must be spent on "art". That will make all the patients feel much better about their long waits for a spot (?). Though, maybe, they can just borrow the "art" from the $88M monstrosity in Edmonton that almost no one ever enters, and that we now have to heavily subsidize for operations (?). Thanks Steve.
Just cause you don't appreciate it does not mean there is not an intrinsic value to the community. Saying no one enters is a fallacy. I hate waste, and ya it don't support itself or make money. I think with that kinda arguement we should close local hockey rinks, swimming pools, museums, rec centers, provincial parks, the list could go on. Be a real nice place then.
Old 09-16-2014, 05:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmedlap View Post
You got it Schmedlap.

When you are laying on a gurney in emergency for 14 hours after a stroke that art will make you "feel so good".

When you die on that gurney an hour later, the art will not really matter.
Old 09-16-2014, 06:09 PM

Closing the City Centre airport was a mistake. I have friends who lost jobs so that Mandel's real estate buddies could make some easy cash. How foolish to close an airport like this when other cities around the world would kill to have one downtown.

Prentice just gives me a bad vibe as does the whole left-leaning PC party nowadays. I'm voting for Wildrose again.