Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-22-2020, 12:56 PM

Default NDP: Not what the wage subsidy was meant for.

I can't take much more of this. The Government is tossing money away like it's an Olympic event.

I do not want to pay to support a political party that I have nothing in common with but I'll have to.

I don't qualify for any of the benefits, but I will certainly qualify to get the bill in the end.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/ndp...gram-1.5580668
Old 05-22-2020, 02:00 PM

It's time Jagmeet and his merrymen, worked for their wages. If they can't afford to pay their lackie's, then they don't need them.

However king turd, will give them the funds, with out any debate in the HOC, he needs the support!

I really have no idea why Kenney hasn't called a referendum on separation yet. Everyday it gets crazier and crazier.

BW
Old 05-22-2020, 02:16 PM

Kenny is a traitor federalist and brags about him being a federalist
Old 05-22-2020, 02:25 PM

Default Just an FYI

The story has now changed to include Liberals, Conservatives and the NDP. The original story has been edited by the author/news organization since it was originally posted. The original story had singled out the NDP only.
Old 05-22-2020, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepower View Post
The story has now changed to include Liberals, Conservatives and the NDP. The original story has been edited by the author/news organization since it was originally posted. The original story had singled out the NDP only.
Thank you for pointing that out. I also don't think any political party should be applying for this subsidy. They get enough stuff for free.
Old 05-22-2020, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guysmiley View Post
Thank you for pointing that out. I also don't think any political party should be applying for this subsidy. They get enough stuff for free.
If they can't afford to pay for their own help, the parties should fold. We need a complete revamp of our constitution and parliamentary processes, right from the ground up to and including the house senate. All of it needs to go.

BW
Old 05-22-2020, 03:55 PM

All political parties are the same just like hogs at the trough, bleed the tax payers dry.

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 05-22-2020, 03:59 PM

I can't wake up from this crazy dream.
Old 05-22-2020, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cook View Post
I'm sure that applies to the rest of us as well.

Grizz
Old 05-22-2020, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cook View Post
This is how I feel. Every day something new comes out that gets me right irate. My boss's daughter came home from college and refused a job she was offered so she could collect the student benefit. Wives who are MLM "consultants" on CERB. Contractors still working but not invoicing to collect CERB. Farmers on it while still working and seeding. All of the sudden dozens of wanted adds looking for quads, bikes ect for 2K. People have no shame in this either openly admitting to taking advantage of the "free money".

I was talking to an off res FN and he was pretty happy with how stupid the gov is, giving all this money away. He pretty much said he doesn't know if he'll even need to try and go back to work once all these benefits come in.

I can't believe that we are paying some 15 year old kids 2k a month to play video games in their parents basement while seniors who have paid taxes their whole lives live on less? How does any of this fly?
Old 05-22-2020, 05:38 PM

Everyone has their handout and no body plans to pay for it
Old 05-22-2020, 06:32 PM

I was speaking with a fellow a few days ago and he mentioned that his wife had received a CERB payment by mistake. She phoned to inquire on how to return the money and told them she wasn't entitled to the money and wanted to return it. They told her they had never had a request to return money, did not have any provision to return money, and it was impossible to return money at this point in time. She was told to put the money in her saving account and there would hopefully be a way to return it during the next income tax cycle.

Sunny days.
Old 05-22-2020, 08:26 PM

I know of young adults not looking for work because of the free covid cheques from the government.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 05-22-2020, 09:10 PM

I was at a furniture store last week, the salesman told me they had gone from 30 staff to 7 because of the corona, but he said their sales had only gone down 10 %, so the remaining staff were super busy. When I asked why so busy he said that lots of people aren’t working and have got cash from the government so they are spending it. Since we will be paying for this forever with our taxes I hope more people are buying food and paying utilities with the cash rather than TVs and new couches
Old 05-22-2020, 09:20 PM

I was just talking to my wife about this whole subject. People are spending money like wildfire! Just go to home depot or lowes and watch the chaos. $1000 bikes cant be stocked. No gym equipment available anywhere. Its unreal and doesnt make sense.

I'm lucky I've got a good job still and all my disposable cash is going directly into savings. I'm not spending 3g on a fn Peloton...

As for the part paying it back I dont know what to think. The entire world is up to its elbows in debt. Everywhere so who knows how this is actually going to pan out. I've got a feeling itll either end in war or itll all just wash out.
Old 05-22-2020, 10:02 PM

Why are there more than 2 political parties in Canada? Should be simple. Left and Right. Done.

Instead we need one for every special interest group in vogue. Don't even get me going on how a party that represents only one province and speaks only one "minority" language can exist.

I may create an "over 45 grey hair pot belly hunter fisherman with a lack of tolerance party." Just as relevant as the NDP, Green, and Bloc Heads.
Old 05-22-2020, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
Why are there more than 2 political parties in Canada? Should be simple. Left and Right. Done.

Instead we need one for every special interest group in vogue. Don't even get me going on how a party that represents only one province and speaks only one "minority" language can exist.

I may create an "over 45 grey hair pot belly hunter fisherman with a lack of tolerance party." Just as relevant as the NDP, Green, and Bloc Heads.
Does a nylon bolt buffer buy a party membership? I think you described a party I might fit in. As long as there are no meetings.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 05-22-2020, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Does a nylon bolt buffer buy a party membership? I think you described a party I might fit in. As long as there are no meetings.

Nylon buffer makes you president of the party and in charge of Porsche rentals and pizza ordering.
Old 05-22-2020, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
Nylon buffer makes you president of the party and in charge of Porsche rentals and pizza ordering.
Deal. Hope you like Super Supreme with 6 different kinds of meat and stuffed crust.

Anyway, not to derail. Political parties suck.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 05-23-2020, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepower View Post
I was speaking with a fellow a few days ago and he mentioned that his wife had received a CERB payment by mistake. She phoned to inquire on how to return the money and told them she wasn't entitled to the money and wanted to return it. They told her they had never had a request to return money, did not have any provision to return money, and it was impossible to return money at this point in time. She was told to put the money in her saving account and there would hopefully be a way to return it during the next income tax cycle.

Sunny days.
Very easy to do, deposit it in your account, just make the payment for the whole amount to CRA same as you would a income tax payment. Just save the receipt.
Old 05-23-2020, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32-40win View Post
Very easy to do, deposit it in your account, just make the payment for the whole amount to CRA same as you would a income tax payment. Just save the receipt.
The wife did make mention of doing exactly that to the government official she spoke with. She was told the CRA was not set up for that and again, just keep the money in savings account until later.

I can believe this as I had 3 years of income taxes filed and paid. One day I received a large tax bill for $$$ owing to the CRA. During a phone, CRA told me, "yes, we can see money deposited every year" but they didn't credit my account as there was paper issues on their end. I had to send them a large cheque which I am still grumpy about.

Government tends to be inept.