Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Will you wear a cloth mask to prevent Covid spread when in tighter public confines?
Yes...I will voluntarily wear a cloth mask to protect others 111 34.26%
No...not until it is made a law will I wear a cloth mask 93 28.70%
Never...I refuse regardless if it’s a law 64 19.75%
I don’t care...may or may not wear a mask 56 17.28%
Voters: 324. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-22-2020, 01:28 PM

At least we get to dress up as bandits! So.... that's cool!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-NS...DNRCJrKn1GO9hY
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.jpg (46.2 KB, 36 views)
Old 05-22-2020, 01:36 PM

Red Deer/Sylvan/RMH are not represented in the poll. Very few, probably 1 in 100 but maybe even fewer, are using masks or gloves.

Today I heard on CTV from the NS expert to not wear gloves as it encourages people to not wash their hands. I wear gloves in public places so I can discard when I get back to the vehicle. I also use sanitizer but the gloves are just as important imo.
Old 05-22-2020, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Comparing masks to a gun ban is like comparing pepperoni pizza to garden slug mucous.

One is stealing. One is asking folks voluntarily to respect others when social distancing is not possible and to wear a mask to protect others.

There is plenty of evidence that Covid19 can be airborne in breathe.
How do you think the anti-gun left views this? The antis do not view this as stealing your money, on some sites they are asking the government to bring the newly prohibited firearms in immediately and have no grace period and are calling the buy back program theft from Canadians. You see it as the govt. is stealing your property and other see it as stealing their tax dollars by compensating you for your loss. For the record, I do not support the gun ban, I just think you should look at how the majority feels about it.
Old 05-22-2020, 03:14 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Wink

If I was 20 again I would attempted to breed the stupid out of our general population

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 05-22-2020, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
If I was 20 again I would attempted to breed the stupid out of our general population

How you gonna do that from 6 feet away??
Old 05-22-2020, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geraldsh View Post
well start off by wearing a masks....see how my charm works....put on some mood music...slip into a little something....pour a fine glass of red wine...or two..or three..or...maybe just say screw it and just go fishin'

Old 05-22-2020, 03:33 PM

Default Yes

Quote:
You are still in range.
Old 05-22-2020, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon View Post
I think we may be approaching Peak Virtue.

Pretty amazing how we "flattened the curve" without widespread mask use...but now, mask up....with a non medical mask no less....It has no rating to prevent the cooties from getting in but it will prevent the cooties from getting out. If you don't, your selfish and from what I gather here, a person of a lower socio-economic class.

Also enjoy the treatise on the dangers of internet click-bait and fake news, supported with links to internet news sites. Will Part II be an exposé on how to differentiate "truth news" from "fake news?"
You read where a mask is recommended only where distancing is hard to achieve. Part of the opening more businesses.

So your comments above are inaccurate.

You seem to not understand and keep repeating the same thing. Also trolling other threads such as the hantavirus thread where members have actually lost love ones.

Cheers

Sun
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 05-22-2020, 03:35 PM

Well, after the last few posts I'd say this thread has run it's course and is well and truly derailed. And.....ewwww....nasty.

Forget the mask, I need some eye bleach now.....

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 05-22-2020, 03:36 PM

Default well

Except for the stolen bicycles they are riding ,the balaclava /back pack for break in tools and dark hoodie the local crackheads riding around looking for stuff to steal will almost blend right in.
Old 05-22-2020, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergerboy View Post
How do you think the anti-gun left views this? The antis do not view this as stealing your money, on some sites they are asking the government to bring the newly prohibited firearms in immediately and have no grace period and are calling the buy back program theft from Canadians. You see it as the govt. is stealing your property and other see it as stealing their tax dollars by compensating you for your loss. For the record, I do not support the gun ban, I just think you should look at how the majority feels about it.
This is not a gun thread. Please stop derailing.

This thread is about wearing a mask when you can’t practice social distancing. It is a recommendation that helps others if you have asymptotic Covid. Alberta is sitting well with low cases as a result of many people following the recommendations to date. As the economy opens, it is not a stretch to picture some businesses being busier and keeping six feet apart is hard.

Cheers

Sun
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 05-22-2020, 04:26 PM

Somebody has the right idea for dealing with the scoflaws at least. If they aren't going to obey all the restrictions in these unprecedented times, burn them right to the ground!!

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/...19-coronavirus

I knew it was only a matter of time.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 05-22-2020, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
I've never had a mojito....

and does one drink with the mask still on or off....?

asking for a friend.

I found out you can't really drink with an N95 mask on..... unless you jam a straw in the exhaust filter...... then your golden.

these are important things to know..... in my world at least.
I got the answer to your quest Bessie...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Shdx7l7xoI
Old 05-23-2020, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Somebody has the right idea for dealing with the scoflaws at least. If they aren't going to obey all the restrictions in these unprecedented times, burn them right to the ground!!

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/...19-coronavirus

I knew it was only a matter of time.
That is so sad.
Old 05-23-2020, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
I've never had a mojito....

and does one drink with the mask still on or off....?

asking for a friend.

I found out you can't really drink with an N95 mask on..... unless you jam a straw in the exhaust filter...... then your golden.

these are important things to know..... in my world at least.
Reminds me of this
Around 1980 we were glove bagging asbestos from a boiler using N95 masks my partner had a cigarette sticking through his mask I said he shouldn't do that he replied
"when I was spraying this crap on this wall in 1963 I wasn't wearing one of these"

Dave passed away from mesothelioma about 10 years later
Old 05-23-2020, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
Reminds me of this
Around 1980 we were glove bagging asbestos from a boiler using N95 masks my partner had a cigarette sticking through his mask I said he shouldn't do that he replied
"when I was spraying this crap on this wall in 1963 I wasn't wearing one of these"

Dave passed away from mesothelioma about 10 years later
A lot of people are bullet proof.....I see the poll has more wise people here which is a good thing.....the rest must be liberals....

Old 05-23-2020, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
well start off by wearing a masks....see how my charm works....put on some mood music...slip into a little something....pour a fine glass of red wine...or two..or three..or...maybe just say screw it and just go fishin'

Good option. I was doubting the charm, mood music, liquor and you wearing fewer clothes was going to work. Then there's the whole "how smart can this girl be if she's with you" thing.
Old 05-23-2020, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aulrich View Post

Basically I think you are delusional if you think you are not going to get covid-19 in the next 2-3 years.

I’ve held that view for a while now.

An interesting perspective from this gentleman:

https://www.aier.org/article/stand-u...-m-wittkowski/
Old 05-23-2020, 12:25 PM

I was at a doctors office yesterday all the staff was wearing gowns, masks and gloves but only ten percent of the patients were wearing masks. There had to be more than 8 patients waiting.
I went to my appointment early and the doctor was late so sat in the waiting room for an hour.
I thought if ever you are going to catch something sitting in a doctors waiting room for an hour would do it.
I went to a naturalpath doctor the other day and he requires you to be wearing both a mask and gloves when you arrive. Only one person allowed in at a time the rest wait in your car until called. Felt a little better about that.
Went to Bass Pro this morning and I was the only one wearing a mask.
The way I think is I am 72 the virus likes to kill old people.
Old 05-23-2020, 12:57 PM

This poll is making me think that we deserve to die from a horrible suffocating disease.
Old 05-23-2020, 01:41 PM

The number if voters is growing but the percentages are pretty constant. Looks like about 60% of us have a good chance of surviving.
Old 05-23-2020, 01:44 PM

Quote:
The number if voters is growing but the percentages are pretty constant. Looks like about 60% of us have a good chance of surviving.
Nope 99% of us have a chance of survival regardless of the opinion on masks
Old 05-23-2020, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headdamage View Post
This poll is making me think that we deserve to die from a horrible suffocating disease.
China IS your issue..focus there in you gentle demeanor please..